• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne DLC: how to access bloodborne the old hunters expansion.

Ferr986

That's your grave from NG if you choose to give your life in the end. You can see it in NG+. I'm not sure if the dialogue is new or not, but I'm pretty sure the Doll goes there from time to time just like she goes to the grave at the top of the hill near the Insight vendor.

She goes there but she never spoke till now. I've been replaying my FIRST character (who got that ending) and although she sometime stands there, she never had any dialogue.

Deku Tree

So is it right that all I have to do to access the DLC on a new character is to beat
Father G and then beat Amelia
?

Well shit.. I was thinking the DLC would become available after Rom. I made a new character for this as well. Hope I'm not overleveled.

TacosNSalsa

Old Hunters is kicking my ass. Lvl 125 on NG. That's all for now.
This statement makes me think that the dlc will scale What ever level you are when you access it so you can't technically be over leveled at least when you first get there ..just a thought though..

Just came home from work to the new patch. Left off at the final boss on NG++. Figured I'd get stuff ready for Tuesday, only to find I can't interact with the skull in the Grand Cathedral. Will I only be able to interact with it, once the DLC installs?

Gbraga

Just came home from work to the new patch. Left off at the final boss on NG++. Figured I'd get stuff ready for Tuesday, only to find I can't interact with the skull in the Grand Cathedral. Will I only be able to interact with it, once the DLC installs?

You already did, in order to get the password to the Forbidden Woods.

You already did, in order to get the password to the Forbidden Woods.

Totally forgot about that LOL! It's supposed to give the option to turn everything to night though, right? Then I can pick up the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter in the Hunter's Dream. Or am I missing something here?

Gbraga

Totally forgot about that LOL! It's supposed to give the option to turn everything to night though, right? Then I can pick up the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter in the Hunter's Dream. Or am I missing something here?

Yes, touching it is what triggers night time, but you're already past that. You'll still get the item in your Hunters Dream once the DLC hits, don't worry.

gunstarhero

Ug - thought I had a separate save file before I beat Gherman - didn't want to trek through NG+ to get to the DLC.

But apparently I got drunk one night, started NG+ and for some stupid reason, dumped almost all of my echoes/shards into getting my new Burial Blade up to +6 even though I'm a STR build.

Ug.

Guess I'll just start a fresh game. Is NG+ THAT much harder than NG?

Manu

Ug - thought I had a separate save file before I beat Gherman - didn't want to trek through NG+ to get to the DLC.

But apparently I got drunk one night, started NG+ and for some stupid reason, dumped almost all of my echoes/shards into getting my new Burial Blade up to +6 even though I'm a STR build.

Ug.

I breezed through NG+ in like three hours. I was overleveled from doing the Chalice Dungeons though.

Ug.

NG+ is easier than Layer 4 chalices, at least up to Rom. Also, getting a weapon to +6 only takes shards and twin shards, which you shoud be swimming in by now; it's hardly a significant waste.

poodaddy

I'm in new game ++ and I had a good bit of trouble with the Cleric Beast.....don't know if I'm ready for this, but I'll try.

Neiteio

I did all of the chalice dungeons before starting NG+. Consequently, NG+ has been rather easy so far (up through BSB and heading toward Vicar Amelia).

SRTtoZ

Not sure if its been answered already but can Vicar already be dead or do you need to kill Vicar after the DLC drops?

Huehue, Amelia is actually alive on both my characters even though they're at the endgame. Thanks and rip forest skip, we miss you.

I wonder if the trigger to getting the dlc key item is actually interacting with the skull or the passage of time. Because my world is on bloodmoon and I don't want Amelia to turn into a beast :(

gunstarhero

NG+ is easier than Layer 4 chalices, at least up to Rom. Also, getting a weapon to +6 only takes shards and twin shards, which you shoud be swimming in by now; it's hardly a significant waste.

I guess you're right - tho I'm not swimming in shards by any means. In my original play through, I fortified a lot of different weapons because I liked to switch throughout the game (I have several weapons at +8 and +9).

I'm more mad about spending a lot of the echoes you get from the Gherman win on shards instead of investing them into my character.

Don't drink and Bloodborne I guess is the lesson here.

Neoweee

This statement makes me think that the dlc will scale What ever level you are when you access it so you can't technically be over leveled at least when you first get there ..just a thought though..

I don't know if that even makes much sense. It is just that at ~125, you've hit the later tiers of diminishing returns on every state. ~125 really isn't that much more powerful than 80, unless you're some ridiculously spread out, multi-stat build.

Character Power is not linear with Level.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'll just tackle it on NG+ I kept playing for awhile after getting the Platnum and it seems I'm in the perfect spot already. Can't wait for Bowblade mmmmmm.

Bowler

Ready!
XismVUX.jpg

IloveThisGif

Also dat peek of the astral tower!

Lmao

tesqui

I'm at about level 45 on my new character. Hopefully that's a good spot to hop in! I've been hearing reports of NG+ lvl100+ having difficulty with the DLC, so I wonder if that's just NG+ or if this DLC is gonna be pretty challenging for low level players.

Just got an email from Sony asking me to pre-order so I can pre-load this and be ready to play on the day. Erm, doesn't everyone already have it via the patch?

raven777

Weapon spoiler:
The fact that you can't get the katana-like weapon wielded by the character in the Old Hunters promo art (yet you can get their gear) makes me exceedingly sad.

Really disappointing if true. I hope the list is incomplete and it's still in the game.

Houndi101

Mid-Main game spoiler:
Last played the game before summer
to the point of shit starting to really pop off with the "eclipse" style stuff after the lake worm boss, fought the three npc phantoms, one with claws one with a whip etc

Should I restart the game with the dlc or try continueing from where I was?
Been doing a Ludwigs build, not sure if there's another weapon that I'm super intrested in if I would restart

MilkBeard

Oh I didnt even know you could preorder it, well done, and we get a free theme as well.

Just got the new theme, and I think the original pre-order theme that came with the game is much better. It's practically the same image with a different background color, and higher resolution.

I guess you're right - tho I'm not swimming in shards by any means. In my original play through, I fortified a lot of different weapons because I liked to switch throughout the game (I have several weapons at +8 and +9).

I'm more mad about spending a lot of the echoes you get from the Gherman win on shards instead of investing them into my character.

Don't drink and Bloodborne I guess is the lesson here.

The chunks needed to get weapons to +7/+9 are a different story, those really are rare. As for the echoes, enemies in NG+ drop ridiculous amounts. :)

Top Bottom