• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne DLC: how to access bloodborne the old hunters expansion.

Frodo

Should I give no fucks and start this on my NG+++ character?

I don't want to start a new one, to be honest.

yatesl

I've not read this topic to avoid spoilers, but this is a relevant place to ask.

I'm from the UK but bought Bloodborne from the US store. Is there a decent site to get a $20 PSN card for less than $20 (some sites have UK cards for a few £ cheaper), or should I just go with Amazon?

byropoint

I've not read this topic to avoid spoilers, but this is a relevant place to ask.

I'm from the UK but bought Bloodborne from the US store. Is there a decent site to get a $20 PSN card for less than $20 (some sites have UK cards for a few £ cheaper), or should I just go with Amazon?

You could try the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the Gaming Community subforum, I got my codes there.

d00d3n

Just to clarify: I have a NG+ character right at the beginning of the game. Do I have to beat vicar amelia again to get access to the DLC, or it is enough that I did so in my NG playthrough?

d00d3n

You would have to beat her again.

Thanks, and that is too bad I guess. Hated how gimped the threaded cane was in NG+ ... Hopefully some upgrades in the DLC will take care of that, but getting access to the DLC again will not be fun ...

ta155

I'm pretty close to finishing the game for the first time. Can I access the DLC post-final boss or should I wait until Tuesday and play through the DLC before I go to the main game finale?

mellow

Just fired up the game for the first time in 7 months to see where my character was at for the DLC. Thankfully everything is opened up so I'm ready to go. Lvl 130 NG++, so I'm expecting The Old Hunters to show me no mercy. Hope some of the new costumes are neat, wasn't really feeling the majority in the vanilla game.

xewind

Pre-ordered last night. My character is lvl 150+ (i don't remember correctly which number), in N++. Tuesday will be fun :).

Is there anything new to do atm besides join the new covenant and summon new NPCs?

I just booted up and talked to the new guy, just wondering if there's anything else to do for now.

Fhtagn

Well then, I'll tackle it at Lvl 160 in NG+ instead of trying it with my new character that's Lvl 25 and just finished off the BSB.

Is there anything new to do atm besides join the new covenant and summon new NPCs?

I just booted up and talked to the new guy, just wondering if there's anything else to do for now.

If you go back to Forbidden Forest
a new enemy NPC appears, he drops a new BT spell

Also after helping a few dudes with the new convenant rune equiped and squashing a few bugs or whatever are those
Valtr dissapears giving you his head bucket, for the rest of his armor you'll have to wait to the DLC

If you go back to Forbidden Forest
a new enemy NPC appears, he drops a new BT spell

Also after helping a few dudes with the new convenant rune equiped and squashing a few bugs or whatever are those
Valtr dissapears giving you his head bucket, for the rest of his armor you'll have to wait to the DLC
Thanks. I don't have PSN so I'll have to wait for
the buckethead
, so I guess the
enemy NPC
it is.

That's what I'm doing. I don't really think it's necessary to start over. The new games pluses aren't that disproportional in difficulty as long as you've kept leveling up. At least how it seems to me.

I'm right at the final boss now in my NG+, Iv'e platinumed it. So instead of me starting over, Can i go straight too the DLC from the hunters dream?

Sorry if its already been covered.

Fhtagn

I'm right at the final boss now in my NG+, Iv'e platinumed it. So instead of me starting over, Can i go straight too the DLC from the hunters dream?

Sorry if its already been covered.

You can go to the DLC any time post Vicar on every cycle. So don't beat the final boss and you're good to tackle NG+ DLC.

gunstarhero

A little off topic, but its related to me playing the new doc...

What's the consensus on starting a new character spec? I'm currently starting NG+ with my STR build, but am a little bored or using LHB and the Stake Driver, so I want to bump up my SKL rating.

Should I simply start a new game, or do people usually change it up in NG+?

Or maybe I should wait and see the new STR weapons...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Fuck, accidentally finished the game, guess I'll have to roll a new character.

evilr

Banned
Not happy that they have randomly raised the price of this. Getting it none the less. Forgot my level but I just killed Father Gasgoine on NG+ so I assume I'm well prepared.

Ludens

Banned
I have a friend who want to buy the GOTY Edition of the game, can you tell me if the DLC is on disc?
If you buy the GOTY, do you need to download the 1.07 patch (9 GB)?

So is it just me, or does the smartest play for enjoying the new weapons in the bloodborne dlc seem to be
dexterity and arcane?

Can't say much because of NDA, but I started the DLC on NG+ at lvl 137 and it's hard. The enemies, at least until the first boss, can be brutal.

Aceofspades

Banned
Well then, I'll tackle it at Lvl 160 in NG+ instead of trying it with my new character that's Lvl 25 and just finished off the BSB.

I have 2 characters ready, one is lvl 144 NG++, the other is fresh lvl 19 character. Both at the cathedral ward before fighting Amelia.

From what we've seen so far, this expansion is reminding me of the DLC in Soul Sacrifice. The story seems to be fleshing out the factions and giving you a better impression of the world in which you're existing in.

Can't wait until Tuesday.

Can't say much because of NDA, but I started the DLC on NG+ at lvl 137 and it's hard. The enemies, at least until the first boss, can be brutal.

I worry for my level 115 NG+ character... I do co-op though with my brother so we should be alright. LHB and Blades of Mercy compliment each other very well.

All these reports of hard stuff have me pumped. Perhaps i'll finally obtain the real Souls experience with this DLC. Praise the NG+!
I'm excited too. I guess I'm just bummed about chugging through it all again, with less time due to having a newborn. It'll last me a while, at least.

Top Bottom