• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne load times look to be a bit longer than hoped

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Just enough time to take a thorough glance at gaf.

CEXbeDL.png

Bloodborne Review. This game is BRUTAL!

orochi91

So they said, but it changed absolutely nothing.

Seriously, there was no difference whatsoever.

Are you serious?

I have the PC version, but if the patch didn't do shit on the PS3 then there's no point in waiting for them to fix it on the PS4.

GG From, incompetent twats.

Vroadstar

Waiting to play Bloodborne knowing that some people are already playing it is more unbearable for me than it's loading time.

Dargor

Hope they can do something to lessen those load times. I'm not having so much for gaming as I once had, so every second counts.

Noobcraft

No. That's not right. Those numbers would be ridiculously high for deaths per playthrough. Anybody who has played the game would know that isn't even close. They simply took the total number of deaths across each platform and divided that by the number of players who finished the game.
I see what you're saying, and you're right, but that doesn't change the fact that people will be dying a ton lol (definitely myself). I have Dark Souls (360) but I only got past the first boss. I'm sure I will personally die a ton when my copy comes next week.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
did destiny get shit for this at launch? I find the load times insufferable in that game.

-finish mission load 20-30 seconds to orbit
-go to hub load 20-30 seconds
-back to orbit load 20-30 seconds
-choose mission load 20-30 seconds

Woof.

SgtCobra

This is huge!
This made me laugh way harder than it should.

That's not an assumption, breh.

Here the 1.01 changelog listed by a guy who got the game early:
I'm talking about the people assuming that the 1.01 patch is the illusive "day one" patch (it's factually not a day one patch, or did the game release yesterday?), I already know about this one.
The other guy said there's another one coming on release day and I take it that that one is the day one patch people are speculating about whether or not it will fix the loading times.
Hey, I'm just taking his word for it for now and I'll see what happens.

You can't do these yet so you are just talking out of your ass.

What the fuck? Of course you can't do this stuff yet. But once you can you also have to go through the same loading screen.

I'm talking about the people assuming that the 1.01 patch is the illusive "day one" patch, I know aboht this one. The other guy said there's another one coming on release day and I take it that that one is the day one patch people are speculating about whether or not it will fix the loading times.
Hey, I'm just taking his word for it for now and I'll see what happens.

Show me a case where a game received another patch before the actual day one patch released.

The changelog lists the same stuff we've been told about beforehand. I can't stress this enough.

Oh wow undercooked because of load times that can be 35+ seconds.

Ded.
Long load times are an issue yes but some of you guys are blowing this waaay out of proportion.

smh.

Portugeezer

After GTA Online I think I am immune to giving a shit.

Are they always that long in the current version, or is that just a bad example? Hope it gets patched though.

Toxi

Banned
How 'bout y'all wait for the game to actually come out before discussing how broken (or not) it actually is?

Badgerst3

If the Order got one thng right, it was their insanely quick lost times.

Not so much an issue but after dying 6-8 times on boss fights, I can see this getting frustrating.

Hoping a patch comes sooner than later.

One thing to keep in mind is how open the maps in the series are. You spend a long time on the initial load but that's to ensure the rest of it is mostly seemless. Bosses require no loading times, moving between areas requires no loading (except elevators to different maps, etc.).

The wait for fast travel and respawning probably won't be great. That said, I don't see how it's a deal breaker.

What the fuck is it then? The day zero patch? It reads the same shit that was announced by Sony!

I think I'm going mad here.

7515579bpdw.gif

LOL. People are getting worked up in here.

I don't know what that patch is. Maybe it is the day 1 patch. There was someone that mentioned reviewers got a more recent patch. That could be bullshit, it could be real. We don't know.

Either way people are getting upset over load times that are barely longer than every other game that's out today.

Gbraga

did destiny get shit for this at launch? I find the load times insufferable in that game.

-finish mission load 20-30 seconds to orbit
-go to hub load 20-30 seconds
-back to orbit load 20-30 seconds
-choose mission load 20-30 seconds

Woof.

Really, it was 30 seconds at worst? Did they improve it from the beta? Didn't play the final game, but the mission loading in the beta felt like 20 hours.

Damn it! Not every game has to be surrounded by controversy around launch. It's almost as if some are looking for something to complain or be concerned about!

LOL. People are getting worked up in here.

I don't know what that patch is. Maybe it is the day 1 patch. There was someone that mentioned reviewers got a more recent patch. That could be bullshit, it could be real. We don't know.

Either way people are getting upset over load times that are barely longer than every other game that's out today.

I give up. An incredibly dense bunch here.

See you loons on the other side.

guys, chill. some gamers got a problem with long load times and some dont. its all a matter of personal preference. i think the load times are quite long, especially for a game where you die a lot and i'm used to very short loading screens (or even none) on the ps4. but game looks great and you can use the break to relax a bit.

orochi91

This shit should not be tolerated. And I'm not talking about From...

What's the matter with you?

The hyperbole is strong with this one.

Excuse me? Did you even read what I replied to?

They released a patch to shorten load times on the PS3 for DS2 that didn't do anything.

What reason is there to think they will address this in BB?

I give up. An incredibly dense bunch here.

See you loons on the other side.

Same, echo chambers and what not.

I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom