• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: New Weapons & IGN Enemies and Minibosses

Three

Huh where?

I thought they were dying on purpose or at least trying to get up close to show the enemies and the enemies attacks off.

In one of the interviews with the creators there was a third person
werewolf
on a screen in the background. Nothing is confirmed

Spineker

Banned
Huh where?

I don't want to post the gif because of spoilers for people, but it's definitely whats happening.

EDIT: Well I guess it is still speculation at this point so here it is:

witch_doctor.gif

Now this could be one of two things: It could be a boss in the game OR
It's an animation of a player character transforming into a Werewolf. Have a look closely at the end of the gif and you can see what appears to be long ears and fur developing on the character very rapidly.

aly

I don't want to post the gif because of spoilers for people, but it's definitely whats happening.

EDIT: Well I guess it is still speculation at this point so here it is:

witch_doctor.gif

Now this could be one of two things: It could be a boss in the game OR
It's an animation of a player character transforming into a Werewolf. Have a look closely at the end of the gif and you can see what appears to be long ears and fur developing on the character very rapidly.

Oh yeah. That's from a previous trailer. It's from
the boss fight with the Priest with the axe that helps in the alpha.

Maximo

1311947803699.jpg

I want a PS4 for Bloodborne. I loved Soul Sacrifice, Evil Within, Resident Evil 4, this game just oozes so much style Its simply amazing I could wonder the game just staring at architect.

Majmun

From Software are the masters of creepy enemy design. And the animation is superb.

The enemies look amazing. Their movements and faces are horrifying.

ettoralk

Neo Member
I have been asking this question a lot of time in a lot of thread, cause i'm not able to start a new one on my own.

What happen to the beautiful MoonLight of the alpha?

Let's be honest: We all have watched the 18 Minutes of IGN and we all know that in that video illumination was on sunset tones...and the video also end with the Clerical Beast Boss...fought in the "afternoon" let's say, although in the alpha we have seen the same boss fought in Night Time.

Let's be objective: Every kind of footage , and also trailer, that came out after the First 18 Minutes of IGN has this new kind of sunset illumination.
Every video, Weapons, The Lore, The Mobs one ...they show a new kind of mood and in none of those i find not even a little evidence of a day/night cycle, otherwise we'd see both in the videos, but no.

Maybe that's not a problem for most of you, but I really, REALLY, would like to know if the game is different from the alpha or not.

The Moon and the Dark fit so well with everything that it would be a shame, a pity...

Mutombo

I have been asking this question a lot of time in a lot of thread, cause i'm not able to start a new one on my own.

What happen to the beautiful MoonLight of the alpha?

Let's be honest: We all have watched the 18 Minutes of IGN and we all know that in that video illumination was on sunset tones...and the video also end with the Clerical Beast Boss...fought in the "afternoon" let's say, although in the alpha we have seen the same boss fought in Night Time.

Let's be objective: Every kind of footage , and also trailer, that came out after the First 18 Minutes of IGN has this new kind of sunset illumination.
Every video, Weapons, The Lore, The Mobs one ...they show a new kind of mood and in none of those i find not even a little evidence of a day/night cycle, otherwise we'd see both in the videos, but no.

Maybe that's not a problem for most of you, but I really, REALLY, would like to know if the game is different from the alpha or not.

The Moon and the Dark fit so well with everything that it would be a shame, a pity...

I've read a lot of times that there is no cycle, but many areas have different hues of day/moonlight.

I'm guessing, since it's the beginning of the game, it starts out in twilight, and the more you progress the darker it gets.

Might be cool if 'full moon' lit areas also have effects on certain... monsters... or abilities.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is true to an extent. There is one, but it's only triggered by progression, rather than being realtime.

What your explaining is time of day like Infamous. When people say cycle its usually realtime

Jac_Solar

I can't wait for people to be disappointed of the game because they already saw most of the game stuff from IGN and expected to be surprised.

If that's all there is to the game, then it seems like it'll be a very short game, especially compared to the previous Souls games. They've shown like 4-5 weapons in total, and 4-5 types of enemies. Essentially, the first.. hour or so of the previous Souls games?

I do think it's a bit weird that the weapon selection and enemy variety seems to be quite limited compared to the previous Souls games in these supposed IGN first looks at "The enemies and weapons of Bloodborne" (Weapons in the IGN videos, not the one in the OP.). By the way it's worded, you'd think it's a significant amount of the different enemies and weapons in the game.

SgtCobra

If that's all there is to the game, then it seems like it'll be a very short game, especially compared to the previous Souls games. They've shown like 4-5 weapons in total, and 4-5 types of enemies. Essentially, the first.. hour or so of the previous Souls games?
Miyazaki said the game is bigger than Demon's Souls.

I honestly cannot wait for this.

I think it will be gently reprimanded for not changing the style up enough, but I have to admit, I haven't played a Souls since Dark Souls 1 and I am more than ready for it.

I do think it's a bit weird that the weapon selection and enemy variety seems to be quite limited compared to the previous Souls games in these supposed IGN first looks at "The enemies and weapons of Bloodborne" (Weapons in the IGN videos, not the one in the OP.).

They've shown a few more weapons than that.

Saw Cleaver
Hunter's Axe
Threaded Cane
Warped Twinblades
Kirkhammer
Scythe
Gunblade

Inuhanyou

I honestly cannot wait for this.

I think it will be gently reprimanded for not changing the style up enough, but I have to admit, I haven't played a Souls since Dark Souls 1 and I am more than ready for it.

I think it will be harshy reprimanded for not changing up the style, 'its just another souls game' + 'not next gen gameplay'. I don't expect it to rate anywhere near 90 average on Metacritic, i'll say about 86 85 regardless of the quality of the game just for the nature of the environment its launching in.

To be fair though, i don't think Persona 5 will rate anywhere near close to a 90 either, low 80s, just based on it being a console JRPG in 2015 with an anime style with a traditional turn based game system on PS4. I still remember how Lost Odyssey was endlessly raked over the coals by critics in the western media simply for having a turn based system at the time. So archaic and old.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am fucking terrified by the design of some of these creatures

the old women-design really strikes me hard :(

Neoweee

To be fair though, i don't think Persona 5 will rate anywhere near close to a 90 either, low 80s, just based on it being a console JRPG in 2015 with an anime style with a traditional turn based game system on PS4. I still remember how Lost Odyssey was endlessly raked over the coals by critics in the western media simply for having a turn based system at the time. So archaic and old.

Lost Odyssey got raked for a lot of reasons.

Persona 4 was among the highest reviewed games on both of its systems, and both were newer than LO. I don't expect Persona 5 to suddenly tank.

tcrunch

That bit at the end when he's playing with the rat's puss-filled wart is grim!

That was the "aesthetic" I was referring to haha.

[is there day/night or is it a redesign]

This quote comes from Yamigawa (producer) in October, but basically there are changes, just not real-time.
The producer stated that there is indeed a variation of time in the game but adds that “it’s not like it happens in real-time when you play, the sun goes down or something like that. It doesn’t happen. But yes, when you play through the story, there are variations of the weather and the time.”

We've also seen parts of the game in both dark and day since September/October (such as the Dream Refuge and the wooded area, and different parts of the city have been shown day/night). So basically...in before they go too much DeS and it's a new tendency system where the more you die the darker it gets (set to eternal midnight on Halloween of course).

i am fucking terrified by the design of some of these creatures

the old women-design really strikes me hard :(

If you look closely you can see Zoey has startled the witch sitting on the ground...and there is something really wrong with its head.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Are you seriously asking if the full retail release of a game is going to be different from the alpha version? I really hope for your sake that this isn't some cleverly disguised "downgrade" argument.

There was never going to be a day-night cycle and even if there are some time of day differences, they will be implemented like others have mentioned above. Various lighting scenes may have been swapped and changed around due to balancing or changes in art direction. You'll be fighting in moonlight in some other area of the game, so if the start was moonlit as well it would become monotonous and dull.

Hope that clears up the problem for you. If not, I don't know what else can be said. Hope you can enjoy the game regardless.

Inuhanyou

Lost Odyssey got raked for a lot of reasons.

Persona 4 was among the highest reviewed games on both of its systems, and both were newer than LO. I don't expect Persona 5 to suddenly tank.

Let's hope your right

Neoweee

Let's hope your right

Honestly, I'd refer to both the recent Persona games and "Souls" games as critical-darlings. Unless there are ridiculous technical issues (which certainly may happen) or the games are wildly shorter than their predecessors, I don't see them getting torn apart.

Top Bottom