• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: New Weapons & IGN Enemies and Minibosses

Neoweee

Those videos don't encompass every music, cc aspect, environment, story cutscene, boss and weapon in the game. Most of them re-feature things from the same 18-minute first segment of the game.

Yeah.

For scale, Dark Souls PTD has something like ~25 bosses and ~30 zones. Scholar of the First Sin has ~40 bosses and ~40 zones.

Granted, those numbers include DLC and patches, but unless Bloodborne is wildly lacking in content, we've barely seen anything.

tcrunch

Ooooh I didn't know the guns had alternate forms too.

I don't think they do, I think the flamethrower is his alt in the sense that he has 2 guns equipped and switches between them, not that the rifle transforms into the flamethrower.

I'm not sure though. Here is the original video (from Taipei Game Show) if you want to mine for deets- it is the same chalice dungeon playthrough from before, just diff weps on the asscreed man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfkA491fnw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-W115ow2AE

The flamethrower:
ePhapI0.gif

And a bow:
sZmK9ZA.gif

Yeah.

For scale, Dark Souls PTD has something like ~25 bosses and ~30 zones. Scholar of the First Sin has ~40 bosses and ~40 zones.

Granted, those numbers include DLC and patches, but unless Bloodborne is wildly lacking in content, we've barely seen anything.

Yamigawa (producer) said Bloodborne's "total game volume" is greater than Demon's Souls, which is shorter than Dark Souls (30 vs 50 hours) but absolutely nothing to sniff at. They may also not have compared it to Dark Souls due to their policy of never mentioning their dishonored multiplatform son near Bloodborne.

Neoweee

Yamigawa (producer) said Bloodborne's "total game volume" is greater than Demon's Souls, which is shorter than Dark Souls (30 vs 50 hours) but absolutely nothing to sniff at. They may also not have compared it to Dark Souls due to their policy of never mentioning their dishonored multiplatform son near Bloodborne.

Yeah, Demon's Souls is a lot lighter. I'd imagine that this is closer to vanilla Dark Souls in size, so around 20 bosses and 25 "zones" (which itself varies wildly in size and diversity). This is not a small game, and there are essentially no cutscenes inflating that game time. A two minute video isn't going to spoil much of note unless it is literally a montage of every boss fight stitched together.

Demon's Souls was "low budget". Now that the companies know that FROM's dungeon-crawling "series" has an international audience, they wont skimp.

It's interesting that guns can be viewed as the spells. Bullets are like Arcane arrows, Shotguns and Flames are like Pyromancy. Limited ammo that you can refresh, etc. Different gun types use different stats, perhaps?

My god. Art, sound and graphics all come together to create an atmospheric game unlike any I've seen. We're just over a month away and this is where I stop watching. I've seen enough.

gioGAF

I'm dying to get my hands on this. These threads just serve to make the wait harder :-(

Nothing stops this train!

Stanng243

After the hype for this game, I'm pretty sure the first hunt will be people looking for a broken street date, then there will be blood from people fighting over it.

Zaventem

I can't be the only one happy that the rats actually move like rats now. The animations on them are amazing! It seems like such a simple thing but if you've played the souls series since the beginning this small change adds a ton to the aesthetic to an enemy we've seen before.

rats.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
Next gen is riding on this game for me, most of the big games for PS4 so far have been mad disappointing. Please god let this game kick ass.

RDreamer

I never got through Demons Souls and didn't play Dark Souls at all, but man after watching that HQ story trailer I want to jump in solely for the art direction.

Qvoth

holy fuck at the dancing witches on the graveyard, that's some creepy shit
gunsword doesn't seem to be that practical to use, too little aoe

Hope this doesn't get the Order treatment in reviews.

I expect this to be the first 90+ Metacritic PS4 exclusive. Have seen nothing to suggest it won't deliver on its potential. They seem VERY confident in their work.

I am on media blackout, but everyone's reactions are getting me even more hyped.

Elixist

the only thing not doing it for me vs Dark is the style of some of the stuff all the top hats, not much metal armor. i hope you can turn off camera auto moving up and down while locked on i hate that crap. i'd like to lock on and control my own camera.

Top Bottom