• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Aces&Eights

Gotta finish this game. I made the mistake of popping in Dark Souls 2 a week ago and well, I'm at Iron Keep now, lol. Great to hear the patch dropped loading times and added pics to them as well.

darthbob

Decided to start playing again due to the new patch. I'm in Old Yharnam, and Mr. Minigun is giving me a glorious headache.

Any tips for this noob?

wrowa

I finally killed the second boss of the Defiled dungeon. Wasn't actually all that difficult once I taught myself to be patient. :p Definitely the most satisfying boss of the game so far, felt great when my prey was finally slaughtered. Now to that dreaded third boss...

Did the guide arrive for anyone yet? I wanna know what's so special about it D:

I've got mine. The special thing about it is that it's over 500 pages of very thorough information on the game. Just flipping through it I've already learned a lot I didn't know and I'm on my 3rd playthrough.

Blinck

Great title!

Quick question regarding PVP -You can only invade in areas with the Bell Woman? I've only encountered one area with that so far (
nightmare mensis
). Is she more prevalent in New Game + or something?

EDIT: NVM did a quick search and understand it now :)

So wound up with a guide afterall.

Pretty much did a pure strength build last time. Gonna do a new toon for this new patch.

What seems to be other fun builds, Extremely high Bloodtinge, or Arcane or both? What have all you been messing with?

Aces&Eights

Decided to start playing again due to the new patch. I'm in Old Yharnam, and Mr. Minigun is giving me a glorious headache.

Any tips for this noob?

Slow and easy them when you get to his tower, climb up and immediately rush him. Take the damage he deals with his gun and as you near him he will fall off the roof.

Agram

Well yes but does upgrading improve stagger, speed or parry window? Or is upgrading just for damage?
Parry window is the same but certain weapons have improved stagger level (e.g. Blunderbuss).
I'm not sure if stagger changes with upgrading.

myco666

Great title!

Quick question regarding PVP -You can only invade in areas with the Bell Woman? I've only encountered one area with that so far (
nightmare mensis
). Is she more prevalent in New Game + or something?

Nope. Only
Nightmare
areas have them per-spawned. They will spawn anywhere if you enable coop in any area so invaders are pretty limited in the game.

Nose Master

I've got mine. The special thing about it is that it's over 500 pages of very thorough information on the game. Just flipping through it I've already learned a lot I didn't know and I'm on my 3rd playthrough.

Any clue what that line about "use for a longer period of time than expected" or whatever was about?

OT++++ Wall of Shame:

qZU26QX.png

I win again, and purposefully kept my post count at 333 :p

I guess I'm gonna have to start a new game. I didn't know that one choice at the end would screw me over so bad. No Burial Blade and immediately thrown into New Game +... That's kinda shitty.

I guess I'm gonna have to start a new game. I didn't know that one choice at the end would screw me over so bad. No Burial Blade and immediately thrown into New Game +... That's kinda shitty.

You could always start doing Chalice Dungeons to find a Burial Blade there.

Toxi

Banned
I just realized how ironic it is that
Patches, who hated religion and clerics in previous games, is now an avid worshiper of the Great Ones.

This title is amazing. Can be interpreted in so many ways. And they all make sense.

Is this one of the greatest titles of all time?

specdot

Hehe. Nice title. In every game where Patches shows his ugly face I always kill him. Is it safe to do so this time, too? I already got his Beg for Mercy gesture and the Rune he gives you.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
Huh, the suspend/resume thing is actually kind of a bummer. Kind of a clunky way to resolve the issue and then we still have to load into the game. Maybe I'll just play offline then *shrug*

Excellent new thread! Going to be attempting layer 2+ for Defiled Chalice dungeon today. Wish me luck!

Good luck, I finished the defiled dungeon last night and the layer 2 and 3 bosses were pretty tough. So glad to be back to full health.

diving into the last dungeon now, hopefully finish that, kill NG+ gehrman, get the platinum tonight.

KPunk

jesus christ, OTs for this game have been moving so fast. I really am loving the patch, loading times are great.

weevles

Hehe. Nice title. In every game where Patches shows his ugly face I always kill him. Is it safe to do so this time, too? I already got his Beg for Mercy gesture and the Rune he gives you.

Do you
need a merchant in chalice dungeons?

Top Bottom