• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Ahhhh, that new OT smell. That new Patches smell.

After taking a short break from the game due to being stuck at three different bosses, I came back to it tonight and managed to conquer two out of the three: M
artyr Logarius
and A
mygdala
. The first one I nearly exhausted my blood vial supply due to a lot of hasty retreating and failed parries, but it only took me two tries tonight to conquer him, and considering I spent at least ten-fifteen tries on him before giving up I don't think it turned out too bad. The second boss I finished on my first try tonight - granted I'd only tried him a few times before thinking I was "stuck" - seems like taking a break and collecting myself instead of being overwhelmed was a good idea.

Tomorrow night, E
brietas
is going down!

ThisOne

God damn
Gehrman
. I got him down to about 10% health on my first try and then my next four tries, I wasn't even close. Any way to reliably parry him?

NastyBook

Boy, does Frenzy light a fire under your ass. That shit made me switch my play style up quick, trying to get past those chtuloogy-eyed bastards in N
ightmare
M
ensis

Got that C
hoir
B
ell
, though.

OK, From...we need to have a quick talk right now.

That
spider room
in the Nightmare is NOT RIGHT.

Everything about that encounter was simply traumatic. And I weathered
Rom
no problem.

Just a warning, people
lol.gif

Top 3:

Father Gascoigne
Micolash
Vicar Amelia

The sound design in general is just leaps and bounds ahead of anything else in the series.
One Reborn
This one is truly awesome.
2. Bloodborne. Fantastic piece.
Gerhman
Fitting theme.

Thanks for the tips for Abh. B., I'll try again tonight or this weekend.

Top 3:

Father Gascoigne
Micolash
Vicar Amelia

The sound design in general is just leaps and bounds ahead of anything else in the series.

I would say the OST/sound design is among the greatest ever made and in a wider scope than video games. There I said it!

It fits the game perfectly and creates a dreadful, depressing atmosphere.

autoduelist

When he's doing his air aoe attack, run up and 1 hit him.

Lock on and get close to him (camera pans up). He will do 4 possible moves:
1) If you move to close to his hind legs, he will do a foot stomp. Don't do this.
2) He jumps away. Repeat.
3) Jump and body pound. Just dodge back and run up 1 hit. Repeat.
4) Fist hand pounds. Dodge 2X toward right to his side, move toward his thigh, attack 2X and dodge back out. Repeat.

Once the worm comes out, don't be scare and stick to the plan.

Ok. almost got him last time.

What about when he does the huge left/right arm swings? That usually backs me up into the corner and the second hit flattens me... then he crushes me.

hughesta

Banned
Does chalice progress carry over to new game+? I'm having trouble with the second layer of the Defiled Chalice, and I'd like to get some feeling of satisfaction. if I go beat the game, will I be able to hop straight back into the Chalice dungeon after starting New Game+?

OK, From...we need to have a quick talk right now.

That
spider room
in the Nightmare is NOT RIGHT.

Everything about that encounter was simply traumatic. And I weathered
Rom
no problem.

Just a warning, people
lol.gif

I got really lucky in my run, when I got invaded the adversary helped me clear out that room before we fought to the death :3
I won.

Does chalice progress carry over to new game+? I'm having trouble with the second layer of the Defiled Chalice, and I'd like to get some feeling of satisfaction. if I go beat the game, will I be able to hop straight back into the Chalice dungeon after starting New Game+?

It carries over. I'f you're having problems then you should coop :) also fuck that dog

Just checked the patch notes, a shot requires 12 bullets now. *Shrug* I don't use the cannon anyway.

Hmm, ohk well at least it's not a damage nerf whew

Fuck. Got
Gerhman
down to around 10% help and I died. Boss is hard as fuck.

God damn
Gehrman
. I got him down to about 10% health on my first try and then my next four tries, I wasn't even close. Any way to reliably parry him?

His first phase is easy to parry, but I had difficulty getting the timing down in his last phase. I could still pull them off, but they felt lucky more than skill. I usually tried to bait attacks and roll through. Get 1 or 2 hits in and then back off. That worked the best for me and finally got him.

One of the best things about this game, IMO, is the masterful way it weaves the two primary themes together.
On the one hand you have the gothic horror theme that we all knew about before the game was released. And on the other you have the Lovecraftian horror theme that came as sort of a surprise. The game moves between the two in fascinating ways, and as you figure out more about the lore it's really interesting to discover the underlying relation between them.

Need 1 red Jelly and its behind a boss that is a right pain in the ass,

If I removed one of the chalices where I got some before and redid the ritual would I be able to get some that way?

Peace Tea

Just bumped into the Byrgenwerth Hunter. She's by far the cheapest piece of shit I've found in the game. Keeps spamming that light attack and I die in one hit.

Az987

all good things
This scared the hell out of me. Thought she was gone. Turns out she just wandered up the hill.

This must be a new thing post-patch.

Nah she did that quite a few times in my first play through. Freaked me out the first time too haha.

This scared the hell out of me. Thought she was gone. Turns out she just wandered up the hill.

This must be a new thing post-patch.

Na, she can be there from time to time. Sometimes even saying a prayer at the grave.

Edit: Herp derp, minutes late.

Juraash

So ever since I started NG+ I've been using the
Burial Blade
. At first i dug it pretty hard, it looked cool and it felt very different to my saw spear. And even without being maxed out, it came really close in damage. But I felt like the speed with which it swung and the stamina drain didn't really seem advantageous. Vicar was wrecking on me something fierce this time but I destroyed her when I swapped back to the spear.

The speed, stamina management and the ability to actually buff it on the fly with papers makes it seem all the better.

Has anyone here spent more time with the former than I did? Maybe I'm just not really using it appropriately. Also since I'm not going for a lvl capped build it really seems like Ludwig's is gonna win out over everything in the end.

So in the forest, anyone have any suggestions on how to easily kill
the guys with snake heads
? I've been using the Ludwigs' thrust attack but I feel like there has to be an easier way than that.

zma1013

After clearing an area is there no way to get the bell maiden to appear again?

So in the forest, anyone have any suggestions on how to easily kill
the guys with snake heads
? I've been using the Ludwigs' thrust attack but I feel like there has to be an easier way than that.

Press forward on the stick and press R2 at the same time, you'll do a leaping attack. Do this from a distance then immediately backstep and wait for their attack to finish, the repeat. You can kill a lot of enemies in the game with that method.

Jobbs

Banned
Na, she can be there from time to time. Sometimes even saying a prayer at the grave.

Edit: Herp derp, minutes late.

I did an entire playthrough of the game and NEVER saw this. 70 hours or whatever. I'm on a fresh play now, trying a kirkhammer based char. :)

I just picked up the music box. Never got this on my first char. I also never knew you could talk to a guy by the central yarnham bonfire on my first playthrough. I'm not shitting you.

I did an entire playthrough of the game and NEVER saw this. 70 hours or whatever. I'm on a fresh play now, trying a kirkhammer based char. :)

I just picked up the music box. Never got this on my first char. I also never knew you could talk to a guy by the central yarnham bonfire on my first playthrough. I'm not shitting you.

If you go to him
a few times after some events you will get different dialog, and eventually he gives you the flamethrower weapon.
Then when the moon turns he turns into a monster and breaks out of the window and will be nearby. :C

Super dumb question, but something the enemies in Central Yarnham say has me puzzled. One of them says "You ????? rat!" It sounds like "hadrian" but I know it isn't. Any idea what that mystery word is so I can know what kind of rat I am being called by these filth.

What the fuck. I accidentally submitted to
Gerham
and more I can't fight him and I got the dumb ending. What. The. Fuck.

No kidding. I did a spoiler free first run, just finished the game in this way last night.

Thought for sure agreeing to it would open the final dungeon or at least the final boss or something. Instead, I wrapped up some odds and ends here and there, and the game just fucking ended. What the hell..

I mean I figured there'd be optional stuff yet, but what the hell is the finale then? If C
ainhurst
is optional, is that cage headed idiot and the
Wet Nurse
really supposed to mark the end of the game? Garbage.

Not really feeling starting over. Where's the drive for it? Might keep mucking around in the unending chalice dungeons, but they're pretty dull 5 Pthumeru dungeons in. The game hasn't encouraged the chalice dungeons so far.. Almost all the loot is just more items for more dungeons.. Give me a cool weapon or something for once. I didn't play a dozen hours of chalice dungeons for effing Tomb Mold.

Haha... Oooh boy. Great game, I think, but really bummed out in how aimless it seems, especially near the end. Demon's Souls was way more epic and had something of a climax.

Sigh.

takriel

Super dumb question, but something the enemies in Central Yarnham say has me puzzled. One of them says "You ????? rat!" It sounds like "hadrian" but I know it isn't. Any idea what that mystery word is so I can know what kind of rat I am being called by these filth.

"You herculean rat!"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If I see Hunters around, are those people invading my world? I've come across a couple of Hunters that seem to act like real people but I don't see names above their heads.

No kidding. I did a spoiler free first run, just finished the game in this way last night.

Thought for sure agreeing to it would open the final dungeon or at least the final boss or something. Instead, I wrapped up some odds and ends here and there, and the game just fucking ended. What the hell..

I mean I figured there'd be optional stuff yet, but what the hell is the finale then? If C
ainhurst
is optional, is that cage headed idiot and the
Wet Nurse
really supposed to mark the end of the game? Garbage.

Not really feeling starting over. Where's the drive for it? Might keep mucking around in the unending chalice dungeons, but they're pretty dull 5 Pthumeru dungeons in. The game hasn't encouraged the chalice dungeons so far.. Almost all the loot is just more items for more dungeons.. Give me a cool weapon or something for once. I didn't play a dozen hours of chalice dungeons for effing Tomb Mold.

Haha... Oooh boy. Great game, I think, but really bummed out in how aimless it seems, especially near the end. Demon's Souls was way more epic and had something of a climax.

Sigh.

yup you fucked up & missed out on potentially 2 more boss fights

NastyBook

4-2 in PVP. 1st loss I got two pieced by a Chikage, 2nd loss I got BTFO'd by an Evelyn.

Gave up my dregs and got Deep Respect. This is the only action my Dollfu will receive from here on out.

Putty

Good morning all! Avengers tonight but after a bit of work this morning The One Reborn is going to get his arse handed to him on a plate! THIS game!

Top Bottom