• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Tain

Fought
Iosefka
in NG+, this time
before she goes crazy
. That the fight even exists is a very cool touch, let alone the dialogue.

taco543

Im one trophy away from plat I just need to kill
Yharnam the ptumerian queen
but I'm SO stuck on
The defiled chalice amygdala boss fight
does anyone have any tips?

squidyj

Beating Gascoigne at SL10 while saving up to buy an early Blade of Mercy made me realize I have been doing his beast phase all wrong. His attacks are really easy to dodge and I was sitting there fishing for a stun on all my other characters.

Vorheez

Does anyone wanna give me a hand with
daughter ebrietas
or whatever, it would be much appreciated.

Edit: nvm, I did it solo (fuck yeah)

Well just beat
Gehrman
. Finally. Holy shit, what a game. Never played a Souls game before and this game wasn't on my radar. Didn't intend on buying but I got caught up in the hype and decided to give it a whirl. Boy, I'm glad I did. This became my favorite game of the gen so far and it'll likely be my GOTY or at least the runner up. There were many times I wanted to give up, but I kept pushing through. Didn't want to let the game beat me. Will definitely try to finish up the Chalice dungeons and do some online. I'll probably give DSII a try.

but I'm SO stuck on

I am in the same boat and I just beat defliled
amygdala
tonight.

My tips.

Be slow and steady for the first half. Stay far away and when she attacks and misses and lowers her head for a few seconds run in and get in one or two attacks on the head then run the fuck away. Repeat until phase 2. Maybe try get in a few checky hits on her legs as well if you cant reach her head but ONLY ATTACK WHEN SHE IS IMMOBILE after missing a attack.

For the later part of the fight when she rips her arms off I pretty much cheeses it. Once you are behind her you can get in a attack on her legs and she will always jump forward with her back to you. Simply run back up to her and hit the back of her leg again. Then she will jump again. Repeat until she is dead.

The 2nd half is way easy if you do that. Just have to know when to attack and when to stay away.

Koh

No kidding. I did a spoiler free first run, just finished the game in this way last night.

Thought for sure agreeing to it would open the final dungeon or at least the final boss or something. Instead, I wrapped up some odds and ends here and there, and the game just fucking ended. What the hell..

I mean I figured there'd be optional stuff yet, but what the hell is the finale then? If C
ainhurst
is optional, is that cage headed idiot and the
Wet Nurse
really supposed to mark the end of the game? Garbage.

Not really feeling starting over. Where's the drive for it? Might keep mucking around in the unending chalice dungeons, but they're pretty dull 5 Pthumeru dungeons in. The game hasn't encouraged the chalice dungeons so far.. Almost all the loot is just more items for more dungeons.. Give me a cool weapon or something for once. I didn't play a dozen hours of chalice dungeons for effing Tomb Mold.

Haha... Oooh boy. Great game, I think, but really bummed out in how aimless it seems, especially near the end. Demon's Souls was way more epic and had something of a climax.

Sigh.

Either other choice for your ending would have resulted in what you were looking for.
1 or 2 more boss fights and a pretty fun weapon for NG+

taco543

I am in the same boat and I just beat defliled
amygdala
tonight.

My tips.

Be slow and steady for the first half. Stay far away and when she attacks and misses and lowers her head for a few seconds run in and get in one or two attacks on the head then run the fuck away. Repeat until phase 2. Maybe try get in a few checky hits on her legs as well if you cant reach her head but ONLY ATTACK WHEN SHE IS IMMOBILE after missing a attack.

For the later part of the fight when she rips her arms off I pretty much cheeses it. Once you are behind her you can get in a attack on her legs and she will always jump forward with her back to you. Simply run back up to her and hit the back of her leg again. Then she will jump again. Repeat until she is dead.

The 2nd half is way easy if you do that. Just have to know when to attack and when to stay away.

Imma have to give this a shot, because I've been suffering soooo hard lol

Loving the thread title and OT5!!!
Also the new lore screens are cool

At the
forbidden woods
atm (enemy spoilers)
aliens?

ISee

but I'm SO stuck on

I was stuck on her for four days till someone mentioned the jump chees tactic. I made it work on my second try.

Video for you

they literally show every item or anything you can get in the entire game in between warping and death, it doesn't matter where you are in the story.
Even if you die for the first time in the game they might have a picture of a late game obtainable item and it's description.
You might love it, but i would have flipped if i was just starting the game and then this patch came along and started showing me end game items and lore, it makes it so much more confusing and spoils secret items.

As i said above, souls fans obviously love it but i would have hated it, and my brother who has now just deleted the patch so he can continue without being spoiled clearly thinks the same.
You might not know where they are but by the time you find it you've already read it's description, it's more like.... oh here's that thing i already knew existed, the surprise and excitement of finding a new item is gone.

I absolutely agree on the spoilers. Thankfully I finished the game yesterday.

danthefan

In terms of upgrading my weapons, should I just go for it and use up the mats? How rare are they overall?

Edit - I should say I'm right at the early part of the game, haven't even downed a boss yet.

DrkSage

I need them bastards of Loran and the only thing standing in my way is BSB

tumblr_mwp4ai6klt1sg96flo1_r1_500.gif

So I just heard of the Cannon nerf, and I was halfway through upgrading it in NG+. Is it still a viable weapon at +9 or so in NG+? Its just the bullet requirements that are nerfed right, not the damage?

Toxi

Banned
This scared the hell out of me. Thought she was gone. Turns out she just wandered up the hill.

This must be a new thing post-patch.
For anyone wondering why the Doll prays at that particular grave,
its counterpart in the Old Workshop is where you find the Old Hunter's Bone, aka where Gehrman's first student was buried.

That is a fantastic title.

I finally received the guide yesterday. Haven't looked in depth at it, having only skimmed the bestiary (some of those names were a bit disappointing) and reading the Miyazaki interview. Looks good though from the bits I've seen. Only major issue I have so far is that Section 1 wasn't glued in properly and that the pages will likely end up beginning to fall out in due time.

This weekend will be devoted to pushing through the dungeons and then the final battle. Not sure if I'll spend much time on NG+/multiplayer afterwards. More than likely I'll take a bit of a break to knock out a few more titles.

Toxi

Banned
In terms of upgrading my weapons, should I just go for it and use up the mats? How rare are they overall?

Edit - I should say I'm right at the early part of the game, haven't even downed a boss yet.
Blood Shards are incredibly common. Feel free to use them whenever you like.

Twin Blood Shards become incredibly common after being a bit rare for a while.

Blood Chunks are a colossal pain in the ass to farm and you should use them carefully.

So I just heard of the Cannon nerf, and I was halfway through upgrading it in NG+. Is it still a viable weapon at +9 or so in NG+? Its just the bullet requirements that are nerfed right, not the damage?

Damage is unchanged, just the bullet requirement (from 10 to 12 for one shot).

danthefan

Blood Shards are incredibly common. Feel free to use them whenever you like.

Twin Blood Shards become incredibly common after being a bit rare for a while.

Blood Chunks are a colossal pain in the ass to farm and you should use them carefully.

Thanks, it's just blood shards for me at the moment, will use away then.

TP-DK

Best ot title ever!

As someone else has already pointed out, its really stupid that they show item descriptions for items you have yet to discover in the loading screen.

silva1991

Best ot title ever!

As someone else has already pointed out, its really stupid that they show item descriptions for items you have yet to discover in the loading screen.

It was the same in Dark Souls 1 and 2. and that's what most ppl asked for knowing how it was in the souls games.

Menthuss

So I'm trying to fight
Logarius
and he is just destroying me. Everything he does two-shots me. Am I not supposed to fight him yet? I'm level 43 btw.

Xeilyn

So I'm trying to fight
Logarius
and he is just destroying me. Everything he does two-shots me. Am I not supposed to fight him yet? I'm level 43 btw.
Thats pretty low lvl but its definitely doable.
His first phase is the hardest, when you get close he casts a skull spell that im sure you've seen. Always dodge to the left after getting a couple of hits in and you will never get hit by it. This boss is all about parrying his attacks. When he reaches about half hp he will start to charge up, you need to backstab him to interupt it otherwise he will deflect all your parry attempts

Sorry for double post=/

Seems like this could be my first "accidental" platinum ever (I'm not much of a trophy/achievement collecting guy). :D

I just saw the trophy list, all I'm missing is:

The 3x ending trophies
Yharnam queen
all weapons
all tools

I think I'll go for it then! Should be fun. :D

Are
Father G and Alfred
the only NPC summons in the game?

Such a departure from previous games. Not that I really need NPC summons for help, but those were used to good effect for NPC story progression in Souls games.

Xeteh

So I made a Bloodtinge build and I was worried about killing L
ogarius
without decent stats. I've killed him twice before but I did so unknowingly with the memory and just thought he was really simple (I kept baiting out the horizontal slash with his staff and I'd parry). Took me three tries to beat him for real with a +6 Rifle Spear and a +4 Evelyn, Str/Skill were at the minimums for Chikage.

That being said, I fucking love the Chikage. It has totally been worth the wait. Killed R
om
first try without any real issue (White Church gear helped a fair bit) and I got ~2k hit to the O
ne
R
eborn's
weak spot when it was staggered with the transformed charge attack.

It has been fun, I'll likely end up trying the Chalice dungeons with this character.

squidyj

Man, Blade of Mercy really is the most fun weapon in the game. It has such a rewarding playstyle unlike more conventionally powerful weapons like LHB. I started a new run just for the joy of playing with BoM all game.

So I'm trying to fight
Logarius

You want to learn his moves and dodge into him and not away from him a lot of the time or you won't get a chance to hit him. when you do hit him hit him once or twice and move out, he can pop off that one move right quick. If you can force him into a corner he's more likely to use his melee abilities which is a good time to parry. once he starts using his sword you just want to dodge around and hit him a bit, the only thing that's tough to dodge is when he goes like way up above you and you can't see him. I can never time that shit.

Dynedom

Getting back into this game after the patch and several long breaks.

Looks like the
Eileen quest
has been screwed for me. This is probably because I was in coop when I approached her
in her Sewers location
and she refused to talk to me. When I reloaded and went back to her, she was gone. Never appeared in the Cathedral Ward either, after opening up both gates.

Shame this bug was never addressed (or maybe it was and I'm too far-gone to fix it).

*sigh*

squidyj

Beat him without using a vial. after about 5 tries..
will upload later. He usually just one hits me with that grab out of nowhere. but he quite easy to read.

I haven't done chalice version, is it a different moveset? I know on the story one if you keep circling him you can usually read the grab by him pausing and not doing anything for a second.

autoduelist

Question --
I'm somewhere between level 117 and 120, can't totally remember. Is this too high for PVP? And is there a PVP community? Or ng+/chalice helper?

Basically, where should i be ringing my bells?

---------------

Finally took down the last Chalice's 2nd boss. Hardest boss in the game for me, by a long shot. At least double the deaths of the next contender. Maybe triple.

3rd boss went down on 2nd or 3rd try. Platinum boss (final main story boss) went down like it was made of butter.

Platinum is mine. Holy hell, Defiled and Boss 1+2 of the final chalice put me through my paces - far harder than anything in the game.

Thank you all for your tips for the
headless wonder
. It's what got me through. Took forever for my ability to dodge it to kick in, but it finally did.

but I'm SO stuck on

Stay at medium range and constantly circle right. Everything it does misses you by a large margin, and you'll quickly learn when you can hit it. It turns the fight into something quite easy.

Oppo

Best ot title ever!

really, this is an issue?

Demon's Souls shows you entire bosses you hadn't seen yet! the spoiler sensitivity has now reached peak.

Top Bottom