• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT| On time or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanquito

Oh yeah!

LqDWiqz.gif

The more I browse gaf, the more I want to watch bollywood movies.

Also, great temp title.

An OT by the Mod God himself what an honor.

Got an E-Mail today that my copy of Bloodborne shipped, I'm starting to get nervous...=)

HORRORSHØW

Questions for you guys:

What gender will your first character be, and what will be his/her name?

I'm making a female Hunter, and naming her Helvetica (I used this name for most of my female Souls characters).

What Origin will you choose?

I'm going with a Skill (the new DEX) build, so I'm going with whatever has the highest Skill to start with. Spoiler: it's the
Professional
origin.

Female
Ophelia
Dex

edit: ^ I've barely been here two years and even I that shit is the truth.

Still not sure if I'm going to get this.

Congrats to every one who cannot contain the hype! I certainly know the feeling. It's almost time!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I actually don't know how you jump in Bloodborne :)
I've already seen plenty of people on stream "accidentally" jump since they're running while trying to roll away.

robo_qwop

I successfully time traveled in 1:1 real-time from "project beast" rumors day to this to present day, finally. It's been a long journey.

Recently posted this in the spoilers thread as impressions but spoiler free:

So I’ve had the game since about mid-day Saturday and I’ve put just shy of 12 hours and level 40. I just want to say, I’m absolutely in love with this game. It’s dark and gritty, some of the sounds and enemies are just downright creepy. I also have to say, the crows are some of the scariest fucking things in a game ever. I can’t believe they still sometimes scare the shit out of me when I don’t notice them and suddenly one attacks. Seriously, one of the scariest fucking sounds in the game and with headphones on. They are weak and easy but that shit makes me poop every time.

As others have seen on streams and impressions, the combat is very souls like but here it just so much faster paced. I still find myself trying to get certain enemies alone to better micro manage the fights yet I go right into the fights usually. Dodging, rolling away, and learning when to attack and back off. It’s Dark Souls but it’s quicker, faster, and more intense. I adjusted fairly quickly to this and upon getting the first shield in the game, sold it quickly because I don’t have time for that.

The first area of the game is rather massive. I have finally started to get to other areas, two of which I didn’t exactly plan on. One area I had to leave because these enemies were totally wrecking me. I think I’ve fought about 5 bosses and with one I had to bail on because it was destroying me rather quickly.

While I think folks that never liked this genre won’t find much to bring them into the fold. Others will eat this up and with its victorian setting/style, If it keeps up, will be my favorite out of all the previous titles. I’ve still got a ton more to play, but the cohesiveness of it all and the story bits I’m getting. I’m absolutely enthralled with this game. Can’t wait for everyone to get their hands on it come tonight/tomorrow.

Kuni

Anyone know when the servers are coming online (or if they are already)? I'm in UK and I'm hoping to get it early.

Reule

Questions for you guys:

I'm making a female Hunter, and naming her Helvetica (I used this name for most of my female Souls characters).

I'm going with a Skill (the new DEX) build, so I'm going with whatever has the highest Skill to start with. Spoiler: it's the
Professional
origin.

Going with a male Hunter named Renfield. Same Origin as you for the same reasons, haha.

been a crazy ass ride with this game all the way through development. From that pre-E3 " trailer " being leaked, which looked stylish as fuck, to the constant " BUT THIS COULD ACTUALLY NOT BE EXCLUSIVE " stuff thereafter, to the E3 CG trailer that everyone just adored, to the alpha and gamescom and everything else.

Been hooked on every single photo released for this game and the gifs man. those gifs!

Bloodborne-3.gif

Bluenoser

180 posts in 12 minutes for a temp OT thread. Impressive.

If anyone didn't know- the UP button gives you 5 Quicksilver bullets for a sacrifice in health. Handy I guess if you have lots of health and no bullets left, but I wish they shipped with instruction books so I didn't have to waste health finding this out.

ironcreed

Banned
Questions for you guys:

Professional
origin.

Male named Fenris
Skill build
Lone Survivor origin
Dat Threaded Cane so I can pimp slap mofos in style and then get my Castlevania on with the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom