• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

One thing I like about BB compared to the others souls is that the items like Molotovsor others are still viable 10 hours into the game. In DS, my items were useless really quickly. Are items better balanced this time around or am I just not far enough in the game yet??

Starting weapon is viable until the end of the game as long as you upgrade it. None of them become useless.

Late Flag

Quick question on scaling:

I'm using Ludwig's and plan to stick with it. It's at the point where it has B scaling with both strength and skill. Am I better off bumping both stats equally or pumping one of them? Does it matter?

void666

Banned
I have only one boss left,
ebrietas

Later today i'll tie the loose ends and move to NG+.

These are the bosses i killed on first try:

Cleric Beast
Darkbeast Paarl
Celestial emissary
Mergo's wet nurse
The one reborn
Amygdala
Martyr Logarius

Doesn't mean they were easy. I just managed to kill them without dying. Some barely.

And these are the bosses that gave the most trouble:

Rom (keep moving, ignore the adds - These advices didn't work well for me)
Gascoigne
Blood starved beast
Shadows of yarnham
Vicar Amelia

Also, for the record,
Darkbeast Paarl
is a pretty shitty fight in my opinion. The lock on problem is really highlighted since, unlike the other giant bosses so far, he has skinny limbs and isn't close to the ground.

read this:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/27/8300825/bloodborne-lunarium-key-bug

if you guys can hold out on it, do it. I had trouble with the Woods bosses too but I managed to beat them after a few tries.

yup, if you triggered it already then you're boned.

I used co-op at the Witch boss which is technically in the forbidden woods, should I be ok? I got there with like 28000 echos and didn't want to chance it even though it turned out to be easy.

Warning: Mid to late game spoilers! Okay, so I've killed
Rom
. I've killed
Amygdala.
I've killed
Darkbeast Paarl.
I've opened up
Cainhurst Castle
but haven't done much there what with the crazy
spider women
(they seem like they don't stagger at all from hits, are these creatures from killing
Rom
?)
Arianna is clutching her stomach and I hear a baby's cry.
I can see where this is going. So if I want to make sure I clear out as many optional zones/bosses as possible in this run, where should I be focusing and where should I be avoiding?

LiK

I used co-op at the Witch boss which is technically in the forbidden woods, should I be ok? I got there with like 28000 echos and didn't want to chance it even though it turned out to be easy.
Should be fine. Not technically the Forbidden Woods. Still in Hedwick, iirc

Ferrio

Banned
If they would of taken the online features and build variety from DSII and had the bosses and worldbuilding of BloodBorne it would of been the perfect game.

I love not understanding what this means.

Red jelly is an ingredient for creating a certain type of chalice dungeon. The glyph is just a password for your dungeon or someone else's. Since the dungeons generate randomly, someone's dungeon might contain a chest with red jelly.

Soulflarz

Banned
I love not understanding what this means.

Well I actually got it already thankfully, but you need 4 red jelly to access to final chalice dungeon with the hidden boss fight against
the queen in white who was bleeding
. Glyph=password for a randomized chalice dungeon :p So I was hoping someone had one that had a ton of them lying around >.>

biteren

Quick question on scaling:

I'm using Ludwig's and plan to stick with it. It's at the point where it has B scaling with both strength and skill. Am I better off bumping both stats equally or pumping one of them? Does it matter?

i also hear that it has a A scaling with arcane, but im not sure if it does this at max or if there might be a variant of the weapon.

Ljx718

Neo Member
Good to know I've been executing the right strategy then.

I found a few of them, but the locations I'm trying to get to have kept theirs hidden from me.

I'm ~50, I beat
Rom the Vacuous Spider Who is a Total Douche
. Is that still low for the area?

well i cleared the area at mid 40s. Had Ludwigs +4 though

Rixxan

without spoiling (could be very hard, lol)

is there a way to guarentee i get the "right" ending on my first playthrough?

Randam

When I entered the boss fight in the woods my framerate dropped to 0.5 fps.
No joke.

Technical, this really is the souls game.

Worst are the constant pop-ins..

well i cleared the area at mid 40s. Had Ludwigs +4 though

Gotcha, that makes sense. I'm not having trouble with the enemies so much as finding the
bell maidens in a few areas.
On an individual level I can beast through the enemies easily. Just keep getting swarmed.

Oh well, just have got git guder

without spoiling (could be very hard, lol)

is there a way to guarentee i get the "right" ending on my first playthrough?

Yes, you get an item from a main boss, and you need 2 more of the same. If you want details on only how to get those other 2, then I can explain further.

Draper

NG+, just hit lvl 100. I'm trying to see and do everything this time around. Anything I should accomplish prior to going after Amelia?

At cainhurst castle,
just walking along the rooftops like an idiot... ran into the queen.

This is not fucking Frozen.

If I am in an icy castle in the middle of icy wonderland I expect singing, and two single princesses not what I just ran into.

aravuus

So I can't summon against
Shadow of Yharnam
? Fuck's sake, I hate gank squad bosses so much. Patch this shit already, From.

T.O.P

Banned
NG+ Cleric Beast and Gascogne down

Wondering if i should start leveling up Skill as well since i should be fine with 50 Strenght (DAT boss weapon looks pretty damn badass)

So I can't summon against
Shadow of Yharnam
? Fuck's sake, I hate gank squad bosses so much. Patch this shit already, From.

I summoned and was summoned tons of times during that boss fight because I hadn't heard about the issue and I had no problem, got the item in question yesterday.

I don't know if I just got lucky or if it was fixed in the Day 1 Hotfix.

First boss down! Haven't been able to play much with the baby and all, but holy crp, I've not been this satisfied killing a boss in game since like, SoTC. New to souls games, but I can really see the allure.

Only too, three tries at that. Next up is the father guy, once I figure how how to open that shortcut.

JimmyJones

Banned
I beat the Blood-Starved Beast and got kidnapped by a sackboy standing in a corner who took me to the Unseen Villiage. The sackboys are strong as hell but I managed to find a lantern in the villiage. Those giant pigs are fucking terrifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom