• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE USE SPOILERTAGS GODDAMNIT!

Others want to enjoy the OT without getting spoiled everytime they enter the thread.

Have a little respect, SPOILERTAG.

Audioboxer

Anyone know where to get a good fire gem? Any fixed locations or enemies to farm? Or is it pure luck/chalice dungeon farming? Cheers

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Master Logarius
is tough, but I think I have his first form pegged.
Second form where he goes ballistic is a bitch though,.
He's
going to get in close no matter what. Regain and parry systems are your friend. Be sure to dodge. If he uses sword attack you can cancel it by destroying the sword he stuck in the ground.

d00d3n

Please, Gascoigne.

I cant.

My chest hurts from beating so fast/hard.

My brain hurts from being beaten so hard.

That boss is so easily cheesed with the cane. If you don't have it, get the item that allows you to buy all starting weapons from the room where the giant rat resides (
sneak up on it and backstab
), and buy the cane. Get 5-10 molotovs. The cheese strategy for the battle is
hide behind gravestones and use the r2 attack of the cane's whip form to attack the boss through the stones. When he transforms into a beast, keep your distance and throw molotovs on him. If you want to cheese the beast phase even more, get the music box, play music to immobilize the beast, and use this window of opportunity to throw fire at him
. This is one of the fastest ways of farming insight as well.

comedian

Is there any way to "activate" a different lamp? I'm going through the forbidden forest, but had to go back to the hunter's dream. Now, even though I've activated the lamp in the forbidden forest, I can't awaken there directly. Now, I can awaken at the Grand cathedral and go all the back, but if I die, I get awakened at the grand cathedral and not at the lamp in the forbidden woods.

BokehKing

Banned
When does this get moved to the OT section of the forum? This is moving at destiny speeds right now, so glad to see positive thoughts pretty much through out all 3 OT's so far

Vaga

Is there any way to "activate" a different lamp? I'm going through the forbidden forest, but had to go back to the hunter's dream. Now, even though I've activated the lamp in the forbidden forest, I can't awaken there directly. Now, I can awaken at the Grand cathedral and go all the back, but if I die, I get awakened at the grand cathedral and not at the lamp in the forbidden woods.

Check other gravestones.

Ostinatto

In N
ightmare
F
rontier
i saw a spider on a rock, went near him to pick and item, a cutscene started, he killed me, i'm pretty sure the spider had Patches's voice? is this correct ?

Blobbers

Check the tombstone in the Hunter's Dream next to the one you use to awaken in the cathedral

Duffman

That part is legit hard. Patience and gun parries is what saved me.
Lure them out one at a time to the area where the bell maiden and her minions were.
Ludwig's, man. It staggers everything, or thereabouts in its L2 form.
I led each one up the stairs near the broken lamp, and picked them off one by one.

Thanks for the tips guys. I have to farm some blood vials before trying to fight them again, though. lol

ogbg

Dude, I'm at the same spot and thinking the same thing. It's such a huge difficulty spike, I thought maybe I skipped an area before Unseen Village. I may farm a little before tackling the area again.

Oh, and I hear you can pull those guys to the second lamp and only one will follow.

I've just been running everywhere in that area and picking up items, learning routes, and activating shortcuts. I made it to the boss all the way from the first lantern without fighting anyone. If I die picking up it's no bother because I don't lose the item. Eventually I got sick of the
claw dude
and killed him because he was most persistent in chasing me but still not taken on the other 2. I also killed all of the
werewolf things
because they drop
blood stone chunks

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Helpful advice for fighting hunters: when in doubt of your dodging abilities parry. Parry system are hunters worst nightmares (hehe). Oh, be careful not to get parried yourself as well.

Putty

Well, I've been playing for a few hours. I've been holding back going for the cleric boss until I'd levelled up a few times and upgraded my weaponry.....I've got 5 molotovs and around 8 blood thingy things......is there a quick way to get to him? Also, in an earlier run I was doing some agro in the sewers where I've seen some attire, should I grab this attire before having a crack at the cleric boss man woman thing?

All optional bosses dead, just need to earn the trophies from the chalice dungeon, find a blood gem, all the hunter's tool and
walk behind the burning hunter's dream house
to finish platinuming the game. What an awesome game. Looking forward to what comes next :)

PigzFly

Going strong with a third OT already, outstanding.

My morale has dropped severely. I took the day off to get some quality time with the game. Played for about 10 hours, got from level 33 to 52, tied up a bunch of loose ends, and killed the
Witch(es) of Hemwick
and
Shadow(s) of Yarnham
. However, 2 minutes before I was about to finish up for the day the power goes out and I come back to this:

CBVQIE-UkAAlEvk.jpg

All that progress from today, lost. It's incredibly depressing to say the least. Waste of a day off. Ugh.

I copied the corrupt save data on to a USB before replacing it with the cloud save from yesterday, so if anyone knows of a way to fix corrupt save data I would love to know :'(

Mogwai

Well, I've been playing for a few hours. I've been holding back going for the cleric boss until I'd levelled up a few times and upgraded my weaponry.....I've got 5 molotovs and around 8 blood thingy things......is there a quick way to get to him? Also, in an earlier run I was doing some agro in the sewers where I've seen some attire, should I grab this attire before having a crack at the cleric boss man woman thing?

Did you open the gate at the Central Yharnam lamp? If so, that's the fastest way to CB.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm a newcomer to the series, and this game frustrated the hell out of me over the weekend. Yet I can't stop thinking about what might be down that alley that I ignored whilst on my way to old Yharnam.

It's gotten to me.

Wabba

Going strong with a third OT already, outstanding.

My morale has dropped severely. I took the day off to get some quality time with the game. Played for about 10 hours, got from level 33 to 52, tied up a bunch of loose ends, and killed the
Witch(es) of Hemwick
and
Shadow(s) of Yarnham
. However, 2 minutes before I was about to finish up for the day the power goes out and I come back to this:

All that progress from today, lost. It's incredibly depressing to say the least. Waste of a day off. Ugh.

I copied the corrupt save data on to a USB before replacing it with the cloud save from yesterday, so if anyone knows of a way to fix corrupt save data I would love to know :'(

Ouch, i feel for you bro! hope that there are some technical dudes here that can help.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
there is:
when you go inside a very dark house with 4 enemies (2 upstairs/2 downstairs) continue exploring. You're close to making a short cut between the boss and the main/only lamp for that area

All optional bosses dead, just need to earn the trophies from the chalice dungeon, find a blood gem, all the hunter's tool and
walk behind the burning hunter's dream house
to finish platinuming the game. What an awesome game. Looking forward to what comes next :)
Congrats. Me too =}
But,
how many umbilical cords do you have?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thanks,
the sword rain attack is insane

As for favorite boss,
Amygdala was so for me intense throughout. Reminded me of my struggles against Artorias.
Lol he was awesome. At first
i was just attacking his legs and wondering why it was doing so little damage
={

ValfarHL

Master Logarius
is tough, but I think I have his first form pegged.
Second form where he goes ballistic is a bitch though,.

Just
counter from the get go, and never do damage to him unless it's counter and critical stab thing. Doing it this way prevents phase two. (Atleast for me it did)

Edit: Also,
shoot just before he's about to swing his sword at you to counter effectively. Too soon and he won't go down,, too late and he will go down, but still hit you

WITHE1982

If you can make it to the
bridge then just sprint past the 2 wolves and take a left straight after. There's a guy standing at the top of a some stairs stairs. Go down these and enter a hours with 4 normal enemies to kill. Go downstairs and exit out of the door ahead of you. Run up the stairs outside to unlock the gates at the top. That'll take you to the central Yharnam lamp. It's then just a straight run from there back through the house to the boss bridge.

Here's a video from the bridge https://youtu.be/33YxkTFy7Dw?t=2m7s

there is:
when you go inside a very dark house with 4 enemies (2 upstairs/2 downstairs) continue exploring. You're close to making a short cut between the boss and the main/only lamp for that area

Congrats. Me too =}
But,
how many umbilical cords do you have?

Nice congrats as well :D
I have three umbilical cords

Afrodium

Banned
lol, perfect

This game gets fucking impossible after Rom.
Like how is it even possible to beat those 3 hunters in the unseen village?

Ambush is effective

Also, they don't respawn so you can just focus on fighting one, kill him, probably die, and then go back to a slightly easier battle, do it again and come back to an even easier battle.

Mogwai

Axe and Cleaver are at +6 and the Cane is at +4. I have Kirkhammer at +3, but it's too slow for my taste.

+6 is as good as it gets. I used a +6 axe for Byrgenwerth. The enemies definitely seem to have a bit more health at that point.

d00d3n

Does upgrading the blunderbuss improve the window for stunning enemies at all, or is it a meaningless damage boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom