• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
So, are there covenants in the game?

Yes.

Do you guys know how to get to the balcony where the item is on the screenshot? Either I missed something here or I'm just stupid lol

I feel bad for saying this, but I forget. Its from a different area entirely, I found it when I was took hunting. So waste your time wandering around for it.

On that note, it's either a tool OR just blood. I think it was just blood echoes, yeah.

ValfarHL

I've made a huge mistake.

I wasn't getting Blood Chunk drops to upgrade my weapons to +7 and beyond, so consumed all my Madman's Knowledge to get a lot of insight, in order to get better drops.

Turns out I just selected the "Very Hard" button. At only 61 Insight everything is way, way harder. Each enemy does a ton of damage, not to mention (
Giant fucking Amygdala spiders everywhere
).

Debating right now whether to keep going like this or spend all my Insight.

I'm rolling 99 insight constantly. You'll get used to it, keep going. :)

Boof

Stuck on BSB. The loading times are griefing me hard. I might just wait till the update to continue. The staggers seem so random. I shoot my pistol at the same time and some of the times he staggers and others he doesn't.

Namikaze1

After over 33 hours, I decided to try out the Threaded Cane. Alright, it's good but not good enough to replace Ludwig as my main. Still good enough to be my secondary. Current setup is Ludwig +9 and Pistol +6 as my main weapon/gun and Cane +8 and Cannon +4 in my secondary slots.

First are you within 10+10% levels of eachother, if you are try a few things.

1. If your playstation was in rest mode prior to trying coop do a full shutdown and restart. It's a known issue. Power down between BB play sessions.

2. Try traveling back the hunters dream sometimes it just gets hung up. Travel back and try again.

Did all of the above, we can see each other phantoms and I am not getting summoned. About to give up on this.

test_account

XP-39C²
People have positioned the camera to see the other side of the door and it just leads to level geometry that doesn't connect at all. It could possibly be a connecting point for more DLC. But to me it just looks like they planned on connecting it to the great bridge where you fight the Cleric Beast, but then decided to scrap the idea.
Ah ok, i see. Yeah, that might be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rom
is infuriating, up there with the Smelter Demon for levels of annoyingness.

the spiders die fast if you hit them from the side. clear the spiders, then hit him, he teleports, rinse and repeat. people have trouble avoiding his blizzard but I never got hit once /shrug

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So is Insight basically your co-op uses? Or does it have a function similar to humanity where some stats are raised the higher it gets.

Haven't tried co-op yet. Rang the bell at cleric beast, nothing happened. I'll probably try to go solo as much as possible in my first run anyway.

So what's a good level to be taking on
The witch?
I'm lv 41 right now and I'm tempted to push through and find her but at the same time I was thinking maybe I should start the chalice dungeons before I'm over levelled, or am I already kind of OP for both?

Also, it's strange because I used to end up farming for souls a lot in the other games but I've not farmed for blood once and I feel kind of strong already. Either this game is easier or I'm getting better at them. I didn't even get out of the first few areas of dark souls until I was lv 60 but I can already take down the Santa's without too much trouble.

Kinsei

Banned

The Vileblood covenant
The Exectuioner covenant
The Hunter of Hunters covenant

So what's a good level to be taking on
The witch?
I'm lv 41 right now and I'm tempted to push through and find her but at the same time I was thinking maybe I should start the chalice dungeons before I'm over levelled, or am I already kind of OP for both?

Also, it's strange because I used to end up farming for souls a lot in the other games but I've not farmed for blood once and I feel kind of strong already. Either this game is easier or I'm getting better at them. I didn't even get out of the first few areas of dark souls until I was lv 60 but I can already take down the Santa's without too much trouble.

Anything higher than 1 is high enough for them.

El Jaffe

Where do i get the key to the door that is near
Cathedral Ward, where there is a big enemy with a ball in chain as a weapon, and you go down a stair with a room full of pots?
I've tried to look at the Wiki, but i cant see any keys that fits to that door. Is it possible to open it? Or is it perhaps a entry point to future DLC?
If you look around where you are in relation to the world, it seems the other side of the door is where
You fight the cleric beast, if you warp back to that lantern you can see there is a door next to the gate.
I think it's just a mistake that either you can't open it
and unlock the shortcut
or they changed their mind on it and just forgot to remove prompt from the other side of the door.

Sami+

Oh god damn it lol. Him and his buddy isolated me in a field and killed me after about six minutes of fighting. I almost had both of them too, they barely got out alive a few times. Once I ran out of bullets and vials I was finished though.

Next time I'ma get em

banofypie

Banned
Just beat the final boss and got kicked immediately into NG+. I was expecting a choice, but I guess I'll just go back and finish the content I missed in NG+. Still, I thought after Dark Souls 2 they'd at least give me a choice.

owlbeak

After over 33 hours, I decided to try out the Threaded Cane. Alright, it's good but not good enough to replace Ludwig as my main. Still good enough to be my secondary. Current setup is Ludwig +9 and Pistol +6 as my main weapon/gun and Cane +8 and Cannon +4 in my secondary slots.
Whip is life. And you get the satisfaction of not using the same weapon 99% of people playing this game are using; that being Ludwig's sword.

Newman96

the spiders die fast if you hit them from the side. clear the spiders, then hit him, he teleports, rinse and repeat. people have trouble avoiding his blizzard but I never got hit once /shrug

Yep that's what gets me every time. The Spiders aren't much of an issue really.

Ah ok, i see. Yeah, that might be.

When you talk to the window guy by the Central Yharnam lamp, he says there are two ways to the Cathedral ward. So it seems like From really wanted to give players a choice on how to progress based on which boss they find more beatable, CB or Father G. But it looks like they just didn't have time to model a connecting area between the bridge and cathedral ward.

Neverfade

1) Is there a zone worse than Nightmare Frontier? Just tell me now so I can fucking avoid it. Fuck this place.

2) How can I restock on sedatives?

Coconut

Banned

Yeah, big sword is best sword.

Namikaze1

That Spotify app! Can't wait to fight bosses with Rules of Nature playing in the background! That'll be in my second playthrough though.

Whip is life. And you get the satisfaction of not using the same weapon 99% of people playing this game are using; that being Ludwig's sword.
I still prefer my Ludwig!

D
arkbeast
P
aarl
looked way more terrifying than it actually was. I've seen plenty of people here struggling with him and feared a tough fight. Got it by the 3rd try though.

The build up was funny. I left the U
nseen
V
illage
, saw that large area and thought: "Oh god, this is the perfect place for a boss fight. Please let there be no.."*BOOM**FIZZLE**BOOM* and there it was.

I was like: "Shit!"

Most of the deaths I observe are actually axe users. I gotta be honest that charged attack was hard to turn down. Ludwig at least feels a bit harder to use. That axe can just mash anything. I only discovered the potential of it around BSB but dropped it straight after since I wasn't doing anything but spamming it, hardly even needing to dodge.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just went to central yarnham to get some vials from the fat guys, there was one of those old yarnham beast zombie guys there right at the lantern, killed him and gave me a rune. well ok then o_O

Since I'll probably never find it myself, might as well go ahead and ask what did you find?

Spoilers for the last area (M
ergo's Loft
):
If you go to the void where the big brain drops (after you pull the level), if you stand in front of the brain and use the "Make Contact" gesture and leave it for a little bit, you'll receive a rune. It's just a higher tier Moon rune, but it's still a REALLY well hidden secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom