• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Question about mid/late game arcane stuff
How good is the speed up spell? I'd have to throw 7 points into arcane to use it, wondering if it's any use at all

Animator

Rom
is infuriating, up there with the Smelter Demon for levels of annoyingness.

Not even close, one of the easiest bosses in the game. Ignore the spiders and sprint to his sides where there are fewer spiders and pound on him and run away. Do it a couple times and he dies. He is super weak to bolt damage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whoa you lose health FAST if you rev up the
wheel

Endo Punk

What's the issue with psn social not acknowledging my copy of bloodborne? Nothing regarding the game gets added to my what's new section, profile, even ps store recommendations. Anyone else having this problem?

Pappasman

Going through a chalice, died, went back and my bloodstain is nowhere to be seen, cleared out every enemy and none of them have it either.

RIP 100k echoes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah the
death wheel
seems more like a novelty weapon, doesnt seem practical at all. kinda regret wasting chunks on it

Sec0nd

I'm glad that the bosses so far are pretty easy. I just had to farm some healing potions because I died twice on V
icar Amalia
. Farming healing potions isn't a fun mechanic.

Not long after beating her I got wrecked by an
invisible hand
at a locked door. Guess I'm not supposed to go there yet?

zlatko

Banned
Fuck the bell maiden and fuck her love for summoning non stop fucking dogs that rip my shit in 2 seconds. Tough to dodge when they cut off god damn paths I want to dodge to.

Goodbye 47K souls mother fuck. :(

Curufinwe

I'm glad that the bosses so far are pretty easy. I just had to farm some healing potions because I died twice on V
icar Amalia
. Farming healing potions isn't a fun mechanic.

Not long after beating her I got wrecked by an
invisible hand
at a locked door. Guess I'm not supposed to go there yet?

What level are you? I'm at the same point but am struggling with the bosses.

VinFTW

yeah the
death wheel
seems more like a novelty weapon, doesnt seem practical at all. kinda regret wasting chunks on it

Why do you say that? It has an s scaling in str. Does the move set suck ass or something?

How high is your arcane too? It scales in that too.

How in the holy hell do you reach the abandoned workshop? I can see the door, but no possible means of accessing it.

When you walk into the big vertical room, you need to fall in from the top just before the thin little walkway that takes you to the other side of the room.

A little diagram (dots are blank spaces)

. . . . . | . | . . . . .
. . . . | . . . | . . . . <- RIGHT HERE, look to your left, step SLOWLY down
. | . . . . . . . . . | .
. | . . . . . . . . . | .
. . . DOOR . . . .

If you look to the left and down you'll see three small ropes going aaalll the way down to a small platform. You have to SLOWLY step off the platform at the region I labeled to be able to land there. You'll take a big hit in your health but you should be able to survive it if you're at full health. From there you'll have to step forward again to reach the door but you might want to take a couple of blood vials in between falls.

Ferrio

Banned
Cainhurst Castle
is a great example of what a Demon's Souls 2 could look like ;) This place is incredible.

I *hated* cainhurst. A castle full of a bunch of screaming women that are easy to kill. None of the enemies were interesting sans the boss

Kssio_Aug

I think you need to open the door with the key that costs 10k echoes to be able to call for help in that area. I heard someone mention this in the last thread, though I could be wrong.

Thanks a lot! It was exactly that! =)

Stuck at
Blood starved beast
boss. No more molotov nor pungent blood cocktails left. Time to start blood farming.

You can buy more blood cockatis at the merchants. They cost at about 2k each though, and they will only be available if you get the Saw Hunter Badge, behind the pig in the sewers.

Rhaknar

Why do you say that? It has an s scaling in str. Does the move set suck ass or something?

How high is your arcane too? It scales in that too.

yeah dont like the move set, and the special thing you can do by
revving it up for more dmg at the cost of your health
is, again, a novelty thing (not to mention risky as shit, imagine that on bosses). But hey more power to those using it properly :)

Rhaknar

Ludwig's Holy Blade is probably the best weapon in any Souls game ever.

its just a greatsword like every other greatsword in the souls games dude :/

well, its a greatsword and estoc combined I guess, but still :p

dont get me wrong I love it and its my main weapon but the hype it gets is bizarre

How much do you need to upgrade it to make it good? My other weapons all do similar damage much faster and with less stamina drain.

it scales with both str and skill so 25 in both at least (soft caps)

eot

Banned
Could someone give me a (preferably small) hint as to where to find
the alternate entrance to the main area in Cathedral Ward (without using the key I mean).

Also, do Twin Bloodstones get abundant at some point? I've put all of them into the Kirkhammer but I would like to try some other weapons. I think I know where to farm them but the drop rate isn't great and the enemies are tough.

zlatko

Banned
I'm about to throw the damn disc out the window.

Fuck
Dogs
Fuck
Bell Maiden

I can't even fucking reach her if these fucks chase me down 300MPH and I can't kill them fmast enough or stun them from the way this part of this level is designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom