• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Guys, help me. I can't make it to the 2nd lantern and always lose my blood to the big beast that is pounding on the door :(

bait his charge move and shoot him for an easy stun, then visceral attack. Those enemies are a good place to practice counterattacks early on since they are very vulnerable to them.

Astral

Anyone have tips for the hunter in (mid/late game)B
yrgenwerth? Just getting decimated and can barely get an attack in before I'm either being whipped or had lock on magic spewed at me.

If you stick close, she doesn't seem to change to the whip. After two or three slashes, dodge to the side because she might do that tentacle shit. That's what I did anyway. You can also party to get some nice damage in.

Many bosses feel easy after you have killed them. It clicks and you end up killing him/her/it/whatever without even using that many vials. Then you wonder why you could not have done that three hours ago...
Yeah, I've done all that. This is like by 10th time facing hin and third time solo. Compared to cleric beast hes a monster.

Phionoxx

Do invasions work with the same level restrictions that co-op summoning does? IE. Current Level multiplied by 10 percent, and then +/- 10 levels? I seem to remember invasions trending towards you being able to invade players that were above the usual upper limit if that makes sense.

Dahbomb

So when's the guide going to come out? There are still stuff I want but don't have. It's not anywhere online so I guess no one knows this stuff.

yrgenwerth? Just getting decimated and can barely get an attack in before I'm either being whipped or had lock on magic spewed at me.

I had trouble at first, but then
I found that if you take it easy you can open up with a backstab when she is still facing the chest on the 2nd floor. From there I would back away from her in the 2nd floor, and use gun + viceral. The spell attack was easier to avoid in there for me.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Guys, help me. I can't make it to the 2nd lantern and always lose my blood to the big beast that is pounding on the door :(

The ogre beasts are fairly easy to kite and dance around. They only have one lunge that has a decent reach but even that has a massive wind-up. It's all about baiting them to attack then getting a few hits of your own in. Just a few, though. Don't get greedy.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So on the secret path
in the Forbidden Woods that leads to the clinic, are there any good items down there? I didn't have any of the poison antidotes, so I just ran past all those giant enemies to the ladder to the clinic. If it's worth it, I will go back.

I finally beat the boss in Nightmare frontier, can anyone reccomend where to go next? I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself too much other then just the next area to head to

Yeah, I've done all that. This is like by 10th time facing hin and third time solo. Compared to cleric beast hes a monster.

I feel you. I tried at least 10 times, but after I did end up killing him "easily".
I learned all his tells and used gun to parry and then did viceral attacks.

Ferrio

Banned
Boss spoiler So R
om.
I was in a coop and we killed him but he didn't even do his first teleport? Is there a way to cancel it or something? Swore in another coop we cancelled it, he eventually got it off though

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I visceral attack a lot but never get that drenched O_O

It seems to keep stacking as long as you stay alive. I've just been running around NG+ racking up souls with no real direction and noticed that I was completely covered, lol.

Phionoxx

For those who have already beaten the game,
What level were you when you fought Gerhman? He keeps recking me every time I am about to finish him off. And is is possible to get either the lost or uncanny version of the Burial Blade in the chalice dungeon before finishing the game?

I was over-leveled at 100, but I spent a lot of time farming for blood stones / echos prior to moving on to NG+. I've seen others beat him in the high 60s / low 70s.

For your second question, I don't think anyone has found either of those variants in the chalice dungeons.

Anyone beating Vicar Amelia under level 30 is god tier. I was level 38, +1000 hp, and +4 weapon in the fight and I still used 15 blood vials. I mean holy shit bitch hits hard, and has a fucking long range. If I had decided to fight her first instead of the
blood starved beast
I would had a bad time.

Also apparently buying the 10k key is not need if you fight Amelia as the 4th boss which I had no idea of.

I'm fucking loving this game.

Phionoxx

Im not finding anyone in the nightmare frontier with my sinister bell >.>

I now regret killing the boss there right away. I didn't realize that would mean the bell maiden would no longer respawn on return visits to the area. Would have enjoyed doing some PvP against those seeking invasions.

haven't even reached the first boss but I feel like the magic missing from dark souls 2 has returned. I say that and I adored dark souls 2 for what it was. Bloodborne feels almost as fresh and interesting as demon's souls did. Cant wait to dive in more.

Interestingly enough I'm having a pretty easy go so far. I've got the hang of stunning enemies with the blunderbuss and I feel like when I get to the boss I should be able to experiment a bit and have some amount of success parrying his attacks. Looking forward to facing him for the first time.

Is it me or are the resistance runes bullshit? I was having some troulble in
Nightmare frontier
with the frenzy and poison so I equipped some resistance and it barely seemed to slow the meter at all

Cracklox

Do I uh...
do I upgrade these blades? You know my stats :p

Do it!

Also if you have the
old hunter bone
use it. So badass. Also with 184 stamina, which is at level 40 with 15% bonus you can throw about 14 strikes on a single bar. Unarmored enemies
Looking at you Logorius
just melt

Proc

Finished it tonight and
got the "proper" ending
. I liked what I played quite a bit. It was the first souls game I finished straight up solo. I gotta say I enjoyed dark souls 2 a bit better but that's probably because it was the first souls game I played to completion. It just felt like there was more to do in dark souls 2 but maybe it was because I was fumbling around more. It will be interesting to play ds2 again when the update comes out on pc. I don't think any souls fan would be disappointed with Bloodborne. They might just wish there was more by the time the credits roll.

Boss spoiler So R
om.
I was in a coop and we killed him but he didn't even do his first teleport? Is there a way to cancel it or something? Swore in another coop we cancelled it, he eventually got it off though

I had to fight him 3-4 times to beat him myself, but on my 2nd try I actually did accidentally cancel his teleport, I think I hit him with a full charge attack was as he was dissapearing so it seems like if you can keep stun locking him fast enough he might never teleport

Anyone got tips for
Amelia
? Attacks hit so hard...I get one shotted a lot.

I'm level 29, btw.

I couldn't ever figure out how to gun stagger her, try to just dodge to the hind legs, take a few shots, and try to stagger her that way, remember to run and attack the head as soon as you see her collapsing for bonus damage

Rambone

Loving this game but so far my biggest issue with it is that you must be within 10 levels of a COOP partner for them to join or you. I like how this solves some issues with PVP but for PVE it is a nightmare. I've done a lot of Blood Echo farming and have leveled up to the point where I am way out of any ideal range in many zones to find a COOP partner. This sucks as COOP is one of my most favorite features of Souls games.

I've missed a few bosses and now I'm backtracking and cannot find any COOP partner(s) to help me with them. Wish the level cap wasn't so harsh, lucking out on even setting my network to worldwide. 20-30 level difference would seem about right to ensure more people are in range of your level, 10 is a little too low. It's so easy to just level up and get beyond what may have been intended for an area.

20 levels or so doesn't feel like a big difference to the point where it will be "too easy" when helping lower level people as your health and stats are halved anyway it seems. Wish COOP will be tweaked in the future to make it easier on over-achievers. Nothing like being a good guy and helping other players but when nobody is in level range of you and your bell has been ringing for 30 minutes or more, is pretty much a let down.

I know I can suck it up and solo the bosses but I'm not that good of a player and have to compensate by increasing my stats or finding somebody to help me. I can always find a friend in my level range but that has its difficulties as well seeing as it is so easy to get out of level range of each other in a matter of a few hours.

I beat her pretty easily by staying close and wailing on her with a collapsed sawblade. Didn't give her many chances to attack
. (Yes I still use the sawblade...it hasn't failed me yet!)

Jobbs

Banned
I'm doing the third chalice dungeon up now, and it's getting ridiculous. I'm level 62 and the undead giant in my level 3 chalice, floor 2, basically one hits me with almost any move it does.

I STILL FUCKING ROCKED IT ON THE FOURTH TRY, THOUGH! BAHA!

but, yeah, it seems like things start to get really arbitrarily high damage values as you start to do higher level chalices.

Anyone beating Vicar Amelia under level 30 is god tier. I was level 38, +1000 hp, and +4 weapon in the fight and I still used 15 blood vials. I mean holy shit bitch hits hard, and has a fucking long range. If I had decided to fight her first instead of the
blood starved beast
I would had a bad time.

Also apparently buying the 10k key is not need if you fight Amelia as the 4th boss which I had no idea of.

I'm fucking loving this game.

Depends on the weapon. I fought her before the other boss and easily cheesed her with pimp cane whips and molotovs.

The cane is severely underrated. The AOE and range on it lets you destroy most bosses, especially if you get good at not locking on and manipulating the camera mid whip, which will change the direction.

Astral

Anyone got tips for
Amelia

I'm level 29, btw.

I couldn't ever figure out how to gun stagger her, try to just dodge to the hind legs, take a few shots, and try to stagger her that way, remember to run and attack the head as soon as you see her collapsing for bonus damage

You can stagger her by just hitting her limbs really hard, same as the Cleric Beast. But yeah, stay by her legs and not directly behind her. After a few hits you should probably dodge because she'll do that quick backhand attack.

Anyone got tips for
Amelia

I'm level 29, btw.

What weapon are you using? R2 cane whip form can hit her, back dash, let her animate, R2 whip, repeat.

The key to most of these bosses is to do what you don't want--get close, but not that close.

Anyone got tips for
Amelia

I'm level 29, btw.

She's the boss that can really test how good you are at dodging. If you're good at dodging her swings she's pretty easy (except for the bullshit healing she keeps doing under 50% where you should use your numbing urns), but yeah you might wanna come back to it later if she's legit one-shotting you.

Depends on the weapon. I fought her before the other boss and easily cheesed her with pimp cane whips and molotovs.

The cane is severely underrated. The AOE and range on it lets you destroy most bosses, especially if you get good at not locking on and manipulating the camera mid whip, which will change the direction.

I've been trying to learn to use the cane. Its whip form feels really good, but the damage output is really bad. It feels more suited for defensive gameplay, which I feel in this game is a bad bad idea. Maybe I'll get good using it, gives the game a Castlevania vibe I really like.

Stimpack

Well, so far I've beaten every boss within the first two attempts, except for the
Blood-starved Beast
. He took 3.

I'm enjoying my time with the game, but I'm not liking the lack of options. The removal of weight, poise, traditional magics, traditional covenants (the current ones seem PvP focused), the fact that stats have less effect on your character, the armor system being almost entirely cloth that mostly looks the same, the lack of play style diversity, the somewhat generic area aesthetics, and... more that I can't think of at the moment, have all got me pretty down. I didn't have ridiculous expectations, but I did think it would be a little better than it is.

Personally, I preferred the Souls games more. Even Dark Souls 2, which I didn't think would happen.

Still a great game, but it's fallen a bit short for me. Which sucks, because I really love these games and I hope most of the negative changes were influences from Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom