• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Press Preview Impressions (16/03/2015)

TraBuch

Banned
I know this gets asked a thousand times with every new release, but I never actually paid attention. Will this game be playable at midnight on PSN? If so, what timezone?

AdanVC

Why almost a release day review embargo? Something to hide? Bah, I have seen lot's of footage of the game through the weekend and to me, the game has written at least 87+ on MC all over it. It gud.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Definitely, need skill and practice to beat tough enemies in all the souls games! I just like huge, hard hitting weapons. Always went for strength builds in my first playthroughs of Souls games, think I'll do something similar here. Admittedly, I've blacked myself out from media/impressions enough to have no idea how builds and stats work in this game, and don't want to hear about it until I experience it for myself.

Pretty darn excited.

All I've seen is the first area, which is essentially a tutorial area. I reckon that's where the idea it's easier than Souls comes from because later (or so it seems from what I've read) it gets much tougher. I'm genuinely worried I won't be able to handle this game.

My problem is I always confuse Dexterity with the green bar, which I believe represents endurance.

The green bar is your Stamina. The more points you put into Endurance, the more Stamina you have. Strength and Skill/Dexterity affect your ability to wield different weapons and damage scaling.

Why almost a release day review embargo? Something to hide? Bah, I have seen lot's of footage of the game through the weekend and to me, the game has written at least 87+ on MC all over it. It gud.

I think i read somewhere that it was so reviewers could install the day 1 patch and give their opinions afterwards.

Sigma722

This was just posted by PlaystationEU. Are these comments from reviews?

CAy7WtgWAAAImkE.jpg

I think these are all from early impressions.

Late Flag

Pretty much impossible at this point, but what would it mean if Bloodbourne turned out to be a bad game and reviewed quite badly?

There's a 0% chance that this will turn out to be a bad game. Lots of people have streamed pretty much the entire thing. If looks sensational, and if there was a problem, we would know about it by now.

I have a hard time seeing it review "quite badly." Low 80s is probably this game's floor. If it scored lower than that -- or honestly even that low -- the review thread will melt down and lead to some bannings, but the rest of us will just enjoy the game.

Maybe they want to hide aspects of the story or gameplay? I've been playing all weekend. There is nothing to hide except spoilers. Game is fantastic.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Now, I'm going to look stupid if I'm wrong here since I've played a good deal of the game and quite enjoy it, but it isn't a false statement, is it? The factory paint job does come in only one color, right? You can, of course, create custom paint jobs separately.

Anyway, sorry for the somewhat OT discussion. Sitting here at an airport waiting for a flight. Still a bit sad that I'm going to be missing Bloodborne launch and won't be able to play for a few weeks :(

Maybe they want to hide aspects of the story or gameplay? I've been playing all weekend. There is nothing to hide except spoilers. Game is fantastic.
it's not like the reviewers would put spoilers right in the reviews, no matter when they release. that would piss me off, i'm sure i'm not the only one

joecanada

Anyone that gloats over 7-8 scores should be fucking embarrassed.

anyone who even looks at the review scores should be embarassed these days it seems. they mean nothing. writeups are sometimes useful or video review maybe.

obviously there will be a bunch of 10/10 and some 6/10 by attention whores, but other than that, most solid games rank about the same.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You say this In jest, but... I would pay money, big money, to play this game @60fps and native 4k resolution. Just sayin'

For this gen, I'd absolutely love a remastered version of Demon's Souls.

1080p 60 would be enough for me. Don't even need upgraded textures and models and such.

finalflame

You say this In jest, but... I would pay money, big money, to play this game @60fps and native 4k resolution. Just sayin'

Live long enough and it'll happen. Although a long way off, PS4 emulation will eventually happen. Might take 10-15 years, maybe longer, but we'll get there. I'd imagine it'll be inherently easier considering how close to PCs the hardware in current gen consoles is.

Mupod

Live long enough and it'll happen. Although a long way off, PS4 emulation will eventually happen. Might take 10-15 years, maybe longer, but we'll get there. I'd imagine it'll be inherently easier considering how close to PCs the hardware in current gen consoles is.

original xbox emulation begs to differ

Apathy

I'm sure it'll get remastered for the ps5 so he won't to wait 15 years

Drewfonse

So I guess that once the initial 5GB installs, you can just put the ps4 in rest mode to install the rest? You don't have to be in game to trigger the install? Sorry for the moronic question.

Also: Driveclub. Thoughts?

Top Bottom