• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PS Pro patch isn't happening, is it?

jfoul

It would be nice to see a commitment from Sony to make all 1st & 2nd party games released to get Pro patches.

Seems to be the most requested patch so they're obviously saving this for PlayStation Experience, so they can announce it together with the Demon's Souls Remaster.

BELIEVE

Teletraan1

Banned
I would have liked to see a frame pacing fix for people who didn't go out and buy the iterative console. They couldn't even provide that so a pro patch seems like a fever dream. Plus if they did fix the frame pacing in a pro version it would be an absolute slap in the face to the people who wanted a fix on the OG PS4. I doubt that would go over well. Great game outside that though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Seems to be the most requested patch so they're obviously saving this for PlayStation Experience, so they can announce it together with the Demon's Souls Remaster.

BELIEVE

I like the cut of your jib

Kuosi

Some musings and speculation from me as to why it may never happen:
  • Can the engine used to develop the game scale up to 60 fps? Is this like a Tales of Xillia situation?
  • From is knee deep in development of their new game and won't be bothered to revisit Bloodborne.
  • What happens to competitive balance between Slim and Pro players if the latter get higher framerates in PvP?

Well it runs on the same engine as Dark Souls 3, which runs great at 60fps on PC, that being said it's written on the higher level api on ps4 which has more overhead, thus it's rather unlikely that the Pro could muster 60fps, the game is terribly threaded on PC and you need over 4ghz amd 8 core to get to 60fps, while 6700k downclocked to 2.5ghz has no trouble with keeping 60

Kieli

How does PVP work on PC, anyway? Because it's nigh impossible for everyone to run the game at same speed as on console.

Kuosi

How does one design animations and controls around 30fps? The animation would look smoother, prettier at 60fps; and the controls would feel more responsive if only because of the 50 percent reduction in input lag. Really, if there's any one game among Souls that should be 60fps, it is Bloodborne. The relatively fast pace of the gameplay, especially in fights like Orphan of Kos, would benefit greatly from the added smoothness and clarity of motion and responsiveness gained by the higher framerate.

Fighting games like SFV and KI tie animations to refresh rate, hence why the KI pc version went nuts when played with 144hz monitor

Well it runs on the same engine as Dark Souls 3, which runs great at 60fps on PC, that being said it's written on the higher level api on ps4 which has more overhead, thus it's rather unlikely that the Pro could muster 60fps, the game is terribly threaded on PC and you need over 4ghz amd 8 core to get to 60fps, while 6700k downclocked to 2.5ghz has no trouble with keeping 60
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224317116&postcount=191

So, it utilizes libGNMX, right? Shame... maybe ICE Team could help them.

Macrotus

It would be nice to see a commitment from Sony to make all 1st & 2nd party games released to get Pro patches.

This^

Bloodborne is probably the most popular 1st party titles on PS4.
If From doesn't have time to create a Pro patch, Sony should do it.
It might even contribute to some Pro sales, a plus for Sony.

VertPin

To be fair IQ would be pretty bad even at 4K unless they make that damn CA toggle that I've been asking since day 1.
The IQ is pretty bad when playing on a 4K TV. I doubt we will see an unlocked frame rate mode. At most, we would see an 2160p resolution update or a 1080p resolution with better textures? I'd love it.
What? Is it really? No way.
Bloodborne sold incredibly well. Like, astonishingly well.

This^

Bloodborne is probably the most popular 1st party titles on PS4.
If From doesn't have time to create a Pro patch, Sony should do it.
It might even contribute to some Pro sales, a plus for Sony.

Think it really is going to depend on Sony because for Fromsoft, it's not a priority anymore with how long the games been out and the price it's selling for. Sony brought over yakuza games so them doing a fan demand is possible. Surprised shuhei didn't make it happen, he seemed fascinated with bloodborne.

t26

Think it really is going to depend on Sony because for Fromsoft, it's not a priority anymore with how long the games been out and the price it's selling for. Sony brought over yakuza games so them doing a fan demand is possible. Surprised shuhei didn't make it happen, he seemed fascinated with bloodborne.

It is still Sega with the Yakuza games.

DavidDesu

Yeah Sony need to make this happen. It's nonsense to say From are too busy. It's great promotion to have your current games get that performance boost for the new console and fixing long time issues that could relatively easily be fixed while you're doing that is a no brainer. Would only reauire a small handful of programmers spending a few weeks, some QA and bam. Makes us all happy and makes me more likely to buy a Pro sooner, or even just get back into the game on my PS4 now and maybe buy the DLC.

a harpy

I don't feel like FromSoft will put in the time unless they stand to profit from it.

I think Sony would stand to profit from it. I'm on the fence about the PS4 Pro, but a Bloodborne patch (with better IQ and a steady 30fps) would get me considering it much more strongly. My friend and I were fighting Ludwig just last night and having this exact discussion as we were getting frame lag out the ass with certain camera angles/boss animations.

To be clear, the Bloodborne patch wouldn't sell me a PS4 Pro alone, but I think its worth would be much more heavily weighted among the Pro library for BB fans.

From could come out and say, okay guys, we can't make this game 60fps and we don't have time to properly patch it for 4k, but we can improve the anti-aliasing and give you a much more consistent fps and frame-timing. I really think that would be enough.

Yes, tho I can't sadly remember the source for it as that was quite a while back, but ye the game would benefit a lot performance wise if was moved to GNM but that's not exactly a small task
If anything, they should develop a multi-threaded engine for future games at least.

HeelPower

The game has really bad IQ.It would look amazing if it got cleaned up.

I think 60 fps is off the table though(assuming it ever gets patched to begin with)

Samaritan

We'll never get a 60FPS patch due to Sony's policy on framerate in multiplayer modes being the same across systems. The most we can hope for is a patch that helps stabilize the wildly inconsistent 30FPS frame rate in the game currently.

The game has really bad IQ.It would look amazing if it got cleaned up.

I think 60 fps is off the table though(assuming it ever gets patched to begin with)

Yeah, the press releases looked very clean...

$

$

$

Vanadium

As desperate as I am for this to drop, wouldn't it create probs on PvP. Would there be an an advantage for 60fps vs 30 fps? Or would the maths make it non-issue?

VertPin

As desperate as I am for this to drop, wouldn't it create probs on PvP. Would there be an an advantage for 60fps vs 30 fps? Or would the maths make it non-issue?
We probably wouldn't see an increase to frame rate. I think we would only get 4K support.

Link_enfant

I don't have a Twitter account but you guys are doing the right thing, keep doing it.
Sony needs to realize how a Bloodborne Pro patch would sell more PS4 Pro even to OG PS4 owners, and of course more games.
This needs to happen, let's just do what we can at the moment and they might consider it, maybe.

jrcbandit

There's no reason to not release a damn 30 fps patch that fixes the frame pacing. But a 60 fps patch will never happen due to online being integrated with the single player.

Until someone flat-out confirms there will be no patch, there is still hope.

Exactly this. No one from Sony has either denied or confirmed a Pro patch for Bloodborne yet, which means there could be something running behind the scenes and they're figuring out if it's possible for FROM to assign staff for a patch.
Or they're unsure whether or not to bother patching the game.

We know that Until Dawn for example isn't receiving a patch, Supermassive Games confirmed that in a tweet.
Sony must have already received quite some tweets from people who are asking for a Bloodborne Pro patch but no one commented on it.

I think we should keep "pestering" them until we get an official answer.

When even friggin Knack (YES FUCKING KNACK) is getting a Pro update while there is still no word on Bloodborne (the second highest critically acclaimed PS4 exclusive) I'm feeling like they're shitting us.

HeelPower

Or like the time they made a petition to bring Dark Souls 1 to the PC.. Oh wait.
I feel like we should do a petition simply so we don't have to say we haven't tried.

I fully agree.

We really need to try hard to get this to happen.

If doesn't happen then atleast we tried.So many less worthy games got patched.

Top Bottom