• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodBorne Sales Expectations : What are yours? What Could Sony's be ?

This game starved Ps4 narrative is weird to me. Back on topic though, I think bloodborne will sell 1.8 million by the end of the year unless bundled.

Scrawnton

This really all depends on how starved people are for a new game. The game is reviewing quite well so people might be ready for a "great" next gen game finally.

I have friends with PS4s who never played a souls game and they are going to buy it now after all those crazy high reviews. They're not even real big gamers. I hope we see more people new to the series jump in.

DryvBy

It sold out on Amazon's stock. They only have 3rd party sellers currently. That's pretty good sign it will be the top game for March.

Yea, it'll coast through a million, no sweat.

My uneducated yet optimistic projections put it at 3 million when all is said and done.

Edit:

With that said, it may be my first AAA digital purchase - Its currently sold out on amazon canada and i pray its not for retail..

Some people are grossly overestimating it's potential sales. It's a niche game with an awesome following, but expecting it to sell 2.5x dark souls 2, which was on 3 platforms, is pretty out of touch IMO.

It sold out on Amazon's stock.

holy smokes
MtaW9qx.png

Higher rated than the Souls games, the first big critically acclaimed PS4 exclusive, and Sony marketing support - I think in the end that's all going to make up for being on fewer platforms with the result that Bloodborne outsells all of the Souls games.

MilesTeg

Banned
I know two people I work with who are more mainstream gamers who are getting it day one (today). For instance they both got Battlefield Hardline day one. I think the game is going to do very well.

Amazon Top VG Seller chart is amusing to look at right now:

#1 - PSN card
#2 - PSN card
#3 - Bloodborne (Amazon sold out, being sold by 3rd party venders)
#4 - PSN card
#5 - Toad Amiibo

World wide? would be nice for 1 million for week 1. be great if it got more. as far as us? hopefully it be #1 in NPD for March though.

Coconut

Banned
A quick 4.5 million and then just tons of used copies everywhere. With lots of half way completed save files on hard drives.

3rdbass

Banned
I'm thinking this will do 3Mil. globally lifetime. As for the first month in NA I'm expecting in that 350 to 400K range. People love to say this is a niche title but with the advertising Sony is doing and not many other great games on the PS4 right now I see the demand for it. Hey I quit Demon's Souls because I couldn't get past the first boss and I'm buying the collector's edition for this one. LOL!

I wanna know how many has worked in the project. That context alone is very important. A million sales on a small team is a lot considering its exclusivity leaving only the shares between publisher and retail not withstanding the online version.

Well, how many PS4s are on the market ATM?

I would imagine a few MILLION copies will sell this week alone, including the pre-sold digital copies.

With the reviews, and the drought of solid AAA budget games at the moment, this one will certainly ring up the registers.

HeelPower

I wanna know how many has worked in the project. That context alone is very important. A million sales on a small team is a lot considering its exclusivity leaving only the shares between publisher and retail not withstanding the online version.

I would assume a similar team size as Dark Souls 1/2(which IIRC was a somewhat larger team)?

Will have to wait until someone checks the credits.

Demon's Souls was 61. Dark Souls was 70ish. Dark Souls 2 was 82. So, I'm guessing <100.

It sold out on Amazon's stock. They only have 3rd party sellers currently. That's pretty good sign it will be the top game for March.

I thought that was just Amazon going through its rotating list of 3rd party market vendors until I added the regular copy of Bloodborne to my cart.

"Usually ships in 2 to 5 weeks" it says.

Boke1879

I thought that was just Amazon going through its rotating list of 3rd party market vendors until I added the regular copy of Bloodborne to my cart.

"Usually ships in 2 to 5 weeks" it says.

That's crazy lol. I wouldn't say Sony under shipped but I think with the influx of reviews it pushed people to purchase.

jblank83

I don't have sales expectations for Bloodborne. As long as the company makes a healthy profit, that's good enough. The rest is message board argument material or a bad excuse for sequelitis.

However, given the game seems to be easier and shorter than the Souls games, is the first noteworthy exclusive on the platform, and is advertised heavily, I'd say it'll be a safe assumption it'll be the highest selling in the series.

That's crazy lol. I wouldn't say Sony under shipped but I think with the influx of reviews it pushed people to purchase.

I think Amazon completely underestimated how many copies of Bloodborne it would sell.

Not that this has never happened before with Amazon but they're usually pretty good at estimating demand and (if they failed that) restocking really quickly.

Ishan

To ppl saying look how started ps4 gamers are . I'm on gaf was looking forward to order didn't buy it due to reviews . I have no plans of buying bloodborne until it hits 20 or lower and then I'll think about it . It's just not my type of game and I'm sure it's the same with many others ...

I think Bloodborne is going to sell upward of 2 million copies worldwide. I just think it's way to difficult for it to break into the mainstream.

Top Bottom