• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne vs. Sekiro

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Bloodborne

Votes: 280 77.3%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 82 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

PHvYQKC.jpg

I'll have to give it to Bloodborne too. Nothing beats dodging through one hit killshots on an NG+7 Lawrence and coming out on top. And the music is fucking godtier, like genuinely the best I've heard in at least the last 3 gens. Some things Sekiro does better though, but overall I can't not give it to BB.

I love both, but Sekiro felt like the distillation of a decade's worth of experience into ultra-refined gameplay. No weird experiments or gimmicks; just pure unforgiving combat that the player has to rise up to.

Last edited:

iorek21

Honestly, whatever game gets put up against Bloodborne will always have less than half the votes I'd bet my account on it.

If everything goes according to plan, Bloodborne will end up facing Persona 5 and God of War; it will be very hard against both

Hostile_18

Banned
Fuck parrying, *sekiro is out*

What did it cost you?

*looks longingly at Last of Us; Part 2 also out*

"Everything..."

Ellery

Incredibly close vote for me. It is like a 9.25 against a 9.3 for me.

In the end I will give my vote to Bloodborne, because I played Sekiro on PC with amazing resolution and framerate and I don't feel like taking points from Bloodborne because it came out on PS4. So I don't have a direct comparison of Sekiro on PS4 versus Bloodborne on PS4. I only have Sekiro on PC with great hardware against Bloodborne on PS4.
Another reason is that I think Sekiro is too easy once you get the hang of the combat. I think about halfway through I could fully connect with the controls and timing of the game and for the second half of the game I didn't face many challenges that made me sweat like many previous FROM Software games did.

Both have amazing style and are a joy to play. I am happy that Miyazaki is in the gaming industry and I hope with all my heart that we are getting a PROPER PS5 Patch for Bloodborne so I can enjoy it again.

Pretty sure Bloodborne is going through the entire grid here on Neogaf.

GametimeUK

If I was putting the PS4 versions against each other I'd give it to Bloodborne.

PC version of Sekiro is better than Bloodborne in my opinion, but that's only because Bloodborne runs like trash and looks like trash in comparison.

If Bloodborne had 4K and 60fps... It would win, but as it stands compared to Sekiro on PC the game feels broken.

tommycronin

If everything goes according to plan, Bloodborne will end up facing Persona 5 and God of War; it will be very hard against both
I believe in Bloodborne that it will absolutely beat Persona 5. God of War wouldn't exist if it were not for Bloodborne so that makes it a lock for me.

YPy36szlti9eeZ5EaEnAVU4dTWSrrPM_xrQRnTN1vEs.png

Hostile_18

Banned
Incredibly close vote for me. It is like a 9.25 against a 9.3 for me.

In the end I will give my vote to Bloodborne, because I played Sekiro on PC with amazing resolution and framerate and I don't feel like taking points from Bloodborne because it came out on PS4. So I don't have a direct comparison of Sekiro on PS4 versus Bloodborne on PS4. I only have Sekiro on PC with great hardware against Bloodborne on PS4.
Another reason is that I think Sekiro is too easy once you get the hang of the combat. I think about halfway through I could fully connect with the controls and timing of the game and for the second half of the game I didn't face many challenges that made me sweat like many previous FROM Software games did.

Both have amazing style and are a joy to play. I am happy that Miyazaki is in the gaming industry and I hope with all my heart that we are getting a PROPER PS5 Patch for Bloodborne so I can enjoy it again.

Pretty sure Bloodborne is going through the entire grid here on Neogaf.

Too easy? Sekiro witnessed my ass been handed to me so many times. 😂

I've completed Sark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne no bother as all.

I really want to love Sekiro and never tried harder with a game ever 🙈

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I prefer Dark Souls 3. Both Sekiro and BB have flaws. Bloodborne has no blocking, barely any magic, poor health system. Sekiro is slightly too difficult for me to truly enjoy, and the art design is great but not up to BB's level. Limited weapons.

I vote BB for the transforming weapons, amazing art design and mythology. Better level design as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Both are fantastic, but I have to go with Bloodborne because it's closer to the Souls formula. Sekiro is still incredible, though.

GAMETA

Banned
What do you mean by that if I may ask?
I feel like the gameplay is very limited compared to Souls. There aren't different ways to approach combat, making it very limited in how to play it, and the game misses the mark on the fun factor by making it artificially difficult. A hard boss is good design, a boss made artificially harder just for the sake of being harder isn't. The game for me ended up being simply frustrating.

I finished it because I was at there, not because I really wanted of felt engaged to. Demon of Hatred and Isshin Saint sucked all of little joy I had with the game.

I also think it's subpar in world building and atmosphere when compared to Souls or BB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom