• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodRayne: Terminal Cut Enhanced and updated for modern systems 20 November

Cravis

Saw the thread title and wanted to come in here bitching and moaning it wasn’t Bloodrayne 2. Happily surprised to see it is.

Hopefully this comes to consoles. The dismemberment system was aces.

SCB3

Bloodrayne is such a weird game that got popular, it has a movie FFS, it and the games were awful

ZywyPL

Banned
Loved the first one, can't remember how many times I finished it back in the days, but the sequel was rather disappointing, never bothered with it after first walkthrough, I actually went back straight through the original after that, it was just so much better on every single aspect.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Who is doing this? Steam lists Terminal Reality as the developer, but they are the original developers, and went bankrupt years ago.

I seem to remember reading that at least the first game had compatibility and crash issues on modern systems, so it's not exactly a high bar for this to be better than the version available until now.

Also, screw the haters and the zoomers, the first game was pretty unique and interesting, and the second was a more standard but decent action-adventure for its time.

Ridaxan

I enjoyed both titles back in the day. Fired them up recently and they didn't age well at all though. Still cool to see this though.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
1431461333_2142387084.jpeg

Awesome! Really enjoyed these back in the day and replayed the first one recently on GOG.

edit: Free upgrade for existing owners, too!

Last edited:
Only time I've ever won anything in my life was a copy of the first game in a contest at a local blockbuster. Ending up really enjoying it and being surprised at how much fun it was to play. The second one wasn't as good as the first from what I remember but I think it was serviceable.

Anyway, would be cool to see this series make a comeback but I think they got sued for stealing Raynes design.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The title is misleading and incomplete. Isn’t it only coming to PC and it’s both 1 and 2?

The title is misleading and incomplete. Isn’t it only coming to PC and it’s both 1 and 2?

"All current owners of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 on Steam and GOG will receive BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut for free. "

nice! :messenger_beaming:

spookyfish

First instinct: Be snarky about this.
After taking a moment: Well done for games preservation.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Who is doing this? Steam lists Terminal Reality as the developer, but they are the original developers, and went bankrupt years ago.

Not sure? The original press release and the disclosure of the acquisition both mention Terminal Reality as if it were still an existent entity. Also, the product name is based off of the Terminal Reality "brand".

"Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we're excited to show off the great work that's been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles."
and

But then, there is no Terminal Reality website or social page I can tell of them announcing "we're back!!", and no quotes in the press release from those original developers on seeing their homegrown project back to life. So, yeah, who is doing this?

(*Also, for those curious, Ziggurat already has rights to the 2D Bloodrayne Betrayal [aka [best Bloodrayne?"] Not sure it will/could get a remaster, but the game is already maintained as available on Steam and GOG.)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked Bloodrayne 1 back in the day. One of the first games that used bumpmapping. I remember admiring those walls and their bump maps.

And Rayne had nice bump maps too.

18432.jpg
Except the actual game looks like this

ss_337575013a0ebb3e25ff49b608f98e35ac562ab9.1920x1080.jpg

(from store page)

xrnzaaas

Saw the thread title and wanted to come in here bitching and moaning it wasn’t Bloodrayne 2. Happily surprised to see it is.

Hopefully this comes to consoles. The dismemberment system was aces.
I don't see a chance for this releasing on the PS4 unless Rayne wears a burka to cover all the sexy bits.

Rikkori

That's pretty good news! It would great to see this remade though, but I guess not likely in this climate.

Top Bottom