• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance rated in Korea (a complete edition with improvements and additional content)

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated “Shin Megami Tensei V: Vegneance.” (Update 1:54 a.m.: The rating has been removed.)

According to the description, it is a complete edition of Shin Megami Tensei V with improvements and additional content.
Shin Megami Tensei V first launched for Switch on November 11, 2021 in Japan and November 12, 2021 worldwide. Rumors of a “Complete Edition” surfaced in June 2023.

Here is a screenshot of the rating, via Ruliweb:
SMTV-Vengance-Korea_02-19-24_Rating-Shot-480x339.jpg

Last edited:

Hudo

Interesting. Let's see whether this is a SMT 4: Apocalypse thing (i.e. a sequel for Switch or it could also be an enhanced version like you see with the Persona games) or if this is a multiplatform thing. I reckon it's the latter since SMT5 has been part of the Nvidia leak.

Nvidia is the only leaker I respect.

Last edited:

Dazraell

I wonder if it's an enhanced edition or a brand new game like Apocalypse was for SMTIV. With Atlus you never know

F31 Leopard

Interesting. Let's see whether this is a SMT 4: Apocalypse thing (i.e. an enhanced version for Switch) or if this is a multiplatform thing. I reckon it's the latter since SMT5 has been part of the Nvidia leak.

Nvidia is the only leaker I respect.
SMT4 Apocalypse was not an enhanced version of SMT4 it was a sequel and continued where SMT4 left off.

IAmRei

if SMT V going to PC, i hope there is mod which cut MC hair, or switched MC to Aogami. i have the game, but His Eye lashes bugs me a lot...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You know what I mean, man. Come on.
SMTV Vengeance similar what Atlus did with Nocturne Maniacs version.....SMTIV Apocalypse in other hand is basically FFX-2.

Huh. I wonder if this version includes a plot.
I LOVE SMTV, I absolutely loved it but they took criticism of Apocalypse too hard and with SMTV they went too far with Nocturne style and now most of the side characters barely had character development....I hope they do something about that with Vengeance version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I LOVE SMTV, I absolutely loved it but they took criticism of Apocalypse too hard and with SMTV they went too far with Nocturne style and now most of the side characters barely had character development....I hope they do something about that with Vengeance version.
I also really enjoyed it, but the difference is that in Nocturne the plot is minimalist, which works, and in V it's thin, which doesn't.

captainpat

Happy for those that will get to play smtv for the first time but I am not doing a second playthrough of that game. I was done after one.

Reactions: Isa

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Is this an update/DLC that’s sold as a separate full priced game that’s incompatible with the original? Like Persona 3 FES and Persona 5 Royal?

Hell yeah, I'll be the first to double-dip. Played through this on the Switch, but I'd love to start a new playthrough on PC with some mods to tweak LoD, resolution, etc.

Buggy Loop

Additional content sounds interesting. I hope this is the PC version that was in the Nvidia leak. This game deserves to be played on stronger hardware, the Switch was shitting itself trying to run this.

Yeah. I played (didn't finish) SMT V on Switch and it was at the limits of my tolerance for graphics.

At least resolution and 60 fps would help even if assets are old

Top Bottom