• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei Vengeance releases June 14th 2024 [Multiplatform]

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
"Did you know you can save anywhere in Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance? Make the most of your playthrough with new quality of life features such as fast traveling on Magatsu Rails, auto-battle, and more!"

Its probably too hard to add these to vanilla game with a patch, right? Especially the auto-skill battle... These guys are something else.

Ofc he's day 1 DLC...

Atlus bruh, c'mon...

S4NIQSS.png

sigmaZ

Honest question: Are you able to keep using the demons you like somehow later in game. One thing I've taken issue with in the past is that it felt like you were constantly having to discard demons you like just to stay attuned to the meta.

Puscifer

"Did you know you can save anywhere in Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance? Make the most of your playthrough with new quality of life features such as fast traveling on Magatsu Rails, auto-battle, and more!"

Its probably too hard to add these to vanilla game with a patch, right? Especially the auto-skill battle... These guys are something else.
Can't believe how happy I am to read about save anywhere Jesus Christ

Now all we need is a remaster of SMT IV, with highres sprites and a fixed difficulty curve.
🤞
We need Apocalypse as well. Easily my favorite megaten.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m debating ps5 or pc. PC nets me max everything and steam deck version, but I’m not likely to sit in front of my PC for long stretches especially if the game is a slow burn.

PS5 however restricts my playtime since I travel so much for work. Ugh.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
We need Apocalypse as well. Easily my favorite megaten.
Would be nice! I disliked the writting and tone in that one, but the gameplay was superb.

I’m debating ps5 or pc. PC nets me max everything and steam deck version, but I’m not likely to sit in front of my PC for long stretches especially if the game is a slow burn.

Based on what you say, I would go for the PC version, specially if you own a Steam Deck.

Game's not really a slow burn. Sure, it's long, but 10 minutes into the game you are already in the thick of it, exploring, battling and fusing demons.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

If you have a steam deck it’s a no brainer imo. These games are best suited for handhelds anyway to me.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

th4tguy

Played 5 on switch. I really liked it but just like IV, not enough to buy a whole other game with some extra content that could have just been dlc for the base game.

I would have liked this better on PS originally for the better performance but oh well.

Zheph

Played 5 on switch. I really liked it but just like IV, not enough to buy a whole other game with some extra content that could have just been dlc for the base game.

I would have liked this better on PS originally for the better performance but oh well.
It's actually a new game with IV so I am not sure what you are on about?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

SMTIV : A is totally different and 100% worth playing

That's why it's out on everything. Play however you like. I enjoyed the Switch version just fine and will be getting Vengeance on Switch too.

StereoVsn

Nothing like a summer JRPG. As American as apple pie and baseball.

3ca.png

I will probably get this on Steam myself, but not immediately.

Too much other stuff to play although I did not finish the original on the Switch due to my issues with performance and image quality. I even started emulation play through but somehow never really got into it.

Top Bottom