• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei Vengeance releases June 14th 2024 [Multiplatform]

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This all looks great but as someone who paid the full price for the Switch game at launch I find the whole thing pretty frustrating. It’s Persona 5 Royal all over again.

Took a pass on P3R and will do the same with Metaphor until either game is heavily discounted or the “full” version eventually comes out.

Kudos to all of you who waited. Looks like you all are getting the full experience.
Atlus always dose this even back in PS2 days. Nocturne had 3 version, one was original version and there was Maniax with Dante (what we got in west) and another one was Maniax Chronicle Edition but this time with Raidou instead of Dante.

Also lot of people asking for SMT5 comes to other platform and they doing that with gameplay improvements, bunch of new Demons and entirely new story route.

Personally I have zero regret getting original SMT5 on Switch, I played that game multiple times.

Last edited:
My queen Midori has shared the image render of the new Nahobino form so we can have a better look. :p

GK2EGyEWUAAeRt5

Last edited:

Zheph

I like this new design, is it default or just a costume? It leans more into the design that their gender could go either way so you could project it if you're a man or woman. I know nothing about the story because I knew it would be coming so no clue what their actual gender is.
It's likely related to the new storyline and the Nahobino is male

【SMTVV】
【New Content】

The “Devil Backyard” is a new location that can be accessed through the leyline founts scattered throughout Da’at.

You can view demons using a free camera range, share gifts and have special interactions with demons and Aogami at this location.

These special interactions will allow you to receive special items and status boosts for your companions.

English version name is Demon Haunts.

GK2iZjFXMAAxkr7

GK2iZi_WsAAUAV6

GK2iZjBXUAAGctA

GK2iZjDXsAAT-Qa

【New Feature】

A top-down view feature has been added allowing for easier discovery of items and other landmarks in Da’at.

GK2GlQGXYAAufxo

You can visit the protagonist’s dorm room in Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance.

GK2J24xXQAELZ5e

Da’at: Shinjuku is a new area players will be able to explore in Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance.

GK2DRxoXIAEVP6i

Screenshots of Da’at:

ShinjukuDa’at: Shinjuku will be explorable in the new Canon of Vengeance route.

GK2ge-PXoAAiVJn

GK2ge-kXQAAnq9Z

GK2ge-uXsAAKNlX

【SMTVV】By using Magatsuro, you can find hidden items and other secrets within Da’at.

GK2ElJeXQAAfocX

GK2ElJpWsAAVR7K

Thanks Midori for gathering all this info!

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Looking forward to this - just wish the PS4 version was getting a physical release in the west. As is, I'll be waiting for the inevitable sale.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just reserved a key for the Digital Deluxe version for 55€ on Instant Gaming, mostly interested in the Dagda and the Konohana Sakuya stuff.

Atlus sure has me by the balls when it comes to those games. :goog_relieved:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I wonder if this new version will also have optional DLC that lets you level up faster and get more money too.

It’s weird why some people attack some publishers that do this, and not others.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I wonder if this new version will also have optional DLC that lets you level up faster and get more money too.

It has. Some stuff about Mitamas giving you tons of money and EXP.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It has. Some stuff about Mitamas giving you tons of money and EXP.

Excellent. I don't mind being over-leveled as fuck in Persona / Soul Hackers so this is great news.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Excellent. I don't mind being over-leveled as fuck in Persona / Soul Hackers so this is great news.
The way they worked on switch was they were a toggle in the menus. And the particular enemies would drop items that could be used to level up, or be sold.

But I will totally buy them again for this game. Like I said before, they came in handy with the whole fusing and stuff.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
mostly interested in the Dagda and the Konohana Sakuya stuff.
I don’t mind Demon DLC in mainline SMT because unlike Persona they don’t just give it to you, we have to fight them first before we use them and to me way more fun and you can’t use them early because they high level Demons.

Also they are quests so they give neat lore, for example: Cleopatra in original SMT5 was former member of Bethel representing Egyptian Branch before getting kicked out and Khonsu taking over.

Vyse

Gold Member
Never heard of this and now have it on my radar. Thank you OP and friends. This looks like so much fun! Can’t wait. Playing through Persona 3 Reloaded right now.

KXVXII9X

I hate to be negative, but I feel a little bitter after paying full price for the original SMTV. It looks like it has some cool additions, but I don't like how Atlus always does this with their games. I should have known. I want to support these kinds of games but I'm not buying the game twice. At least make it a $20 addon or something.

Top Bottom