• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City for Nintendo Switch cancelled

Draugoth

Gold Member
RoboCop-Switch_10-20-23-1024x576.jpg

Publisher Nacon and developer Teyon have cancelled the Switch version of RoboCop: Rogue City, which was originally planned to launch sometime after the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store) versions due out on November 2.

In a statement to Gematsu, Nacon confirmed,

“At this moment we don’t have any plans for a Nintendo Switch release.”

kiphalfton

I understand publishers are driven by money, and anything on Nintendo consoles sells stupid numbers so it's hard to turn down Nintendo, but in a perfect world there needs to be more pushback across the board (as it's creating issues for devs, trying to support a slow-ass console).

Having crappy specs benefits nobody, consumers or devs alike, especially when it's not like it's reflected in the price of their hardware or games (which is generally inflated).

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I understand publishers are driven by money, and anything on Nintendo consoles sells stupid numbers so it's hard to turn down Nintendo, but in a perfect world there needs to be more pushback across the board (as it's creating issues for devs, trying to support a slow-ass console).

Having crappy specs benefits nobody, consumers or devs alike, especially when it's not like it's reflected in the price of their hardware or games (which is generally inflated).
Its funny because that was not always the case

Anyways, not everything has to come out on Switch even Nintendo is aware of that and accept it
At this point the Switch is about to be replaced, lets see whats in store

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

RoboCop: Rogue City for Nintendo Switch cancelled​

Thank fuck for that. I'd rather see them making versions that matter to be as good as they can possible make 'em, than wasting their time on a shit port for outdated af hardware even for 2017.

Last edited:
Top Bottom