• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City | Review Thread

I've played the first few hours of it this weekend, and I'm really enjoying it. It's like a FPS from about 2006 with some (but not too many!) updated visuals. Slow moving speed, brain dead enemies, 'splosions, simplistic combat and upgrading, bizarre ragdolling. Plus just a regular story with no lecturing. Love it even when it's being annoying (this game should not have sniping). I rewatched the movie Friday night, too, and it's absolutely faithful in spirit to the original.

Stitch

Gold Member
This mod replaces the Auto9 shot sound with a more movie accurate one.

JayK47

great game so far. I must be nearing the end. They really did a great job with the license and source material. I love just walking around and looking at the city and police station and listening to what NPCs say. Teyon is a very talented developer. Can't wait to see what they do next.

JayK47

Wrapped it up. Pretty satisfying game. The first ED209 battle kicked my ass so hard, I wimped out and switched to easy for that battle. The second ED209 I was able to find an area it could not reach me and I just slowly wore it down. The last battle, it did not move towards me, so I was able to just hide around a corner in between rocket attacks. Towards the end of the game, I finally put some points towards armor. That seemed to help quite a lot.

Interesting to note that Teyon is a Polish Studio. A lot of good games come out of Poland.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

why does nobody sell this game? Bestbuy and target dont have it listed at all; theres NO used copies on ebay for xbox only ps5.

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Wrapped it up. Pretty satisfying game. The first ED209 battle kicked my ass so hard, I wimped out and switched to easy for that battle. The second ED209 I was able to find an area it could not reach me and I just slowly wore it down. The last battle, it did not move towards me, so I was able to just hide around a corner in between rocket attacks. Towards the end of the game, I finally put some points towards armor. That seemed to help quite a lot.

Interesting to note that Teyon is a Polish Studio. A lot of good games come out of Poland.
I cheesed the first boss fight by using the big pillar as cover and making the boss pretty much stuck in one place. During later boss fights Robo was already op and I didn't even break a sweat.

The difficulty level is quite low overall. I only died outside of traditional combat when trying to defuse the bomb and when dealing with enemies in the room with the exploding barrels you're not allowed to hit.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Truth, this is the version I'm buying as I got my sister a PS5 Slim for Christmas and she likes these types of games.

I hope this did good enough for them to do another game and to expand the city.

Top Bottom