• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City | Review Thread

Dick Jones

Gold Member
mCENCuz.gif
Is this the face of a killer
j1wezAa.jpg

dave chappelle GIF

science fiction 80s GIF

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What the actual fuck, how a reviewer can be so delusional and embarassing in his own job.

What is this US passion about shitting on honest and hardworking police officers?

Fuck you with your unfortunate ramification.

That's not the issue at all! As an American, it's not about attacking hardworking police officers. It's more about how to get rid of bad police officers and clean up some bad policies that are in place.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
That's not the issue at all! As an American, it's not about attacking hardworking police officers. It's more about how to get rid of bad police officers and clean up some bad policies that are in place.
I wish that were the case but it’s not true. BLM Chicago (same ones who put up a silhouette of a paraglider in support of Palestine) have been very clear that their goal is defunding the police and refers to CPD as the most dangerous street gang in Chicago.

That doesn’t sound like someone advocating for better police policies/training or believes there are good people in the police department and the bad ones just need to be removed.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Does the PS5 version use the haptic triggers etc ??

I was still half asleep and without coffee when I was fucking around with it this AM but I didnt think it used them

Theres feedback with vibrations and shit, but you arent fighting the pull of the triggers or anything

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Reviewing a bit lower than I would have liked, but then again so did Terminator: Resistance and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game.

Not going off of the rental queue.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I wish that were the case but it’s not true. BLM Chicago (same ones who put up a silhouette of a paraglider in support of Palestine) have been very clear that their goal is defunding the police and refers to CPD as the most dangerous street gang in Chicago.

That doesn’t sound like someone advocating for better police policies/training or believes there are good people in the police department and the bad ones just need to be removed.

Well.......some police departments are run like gangs. That's extremely well-known. But it doesn't mean that all policemen are bad. It's not like the bad cops are kept on the force out of pure ignorance. They are defended and in some cases false reports are created to hide the wrong doings.

Like any set group in the world, police are humans too. They have the ability to do bad things and cover them up. They've stolen drugs from drug dealers and have taken money under the table from local Mafia groups. This is all recorded history.

But again it doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of amazing cops in the country.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Based on the demo, I'm a little surprised it isn't reviewing better. Going into it, I was expecting a straight forward shooter and was pleasantly surprised that it had RPG/Immersive Simulation elements.

Fo sho. The way they treat the city like a central hub with spokes to different areas is very Deus Ex-y

JayK47

Looks good. Reviews are as good as you can expect in 2023 for a game based off an 80s movie where you play as a cop. Needs more pride flags to get into the 90s.

RavageX

Literally three black people in a town of mostly white people.

Oh no! Imagine passing up a great game because there are a few black people in it.

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
This is what doesnt make sense to me. So is it "forced unnecessary diversity" when you have a couple of different races in a game?

On the other side of this, I understand if someone in a game starts to tell you all about there sexual orientation and relationships as you are simply walking by, or blurt it out randomly in the middle of a introduction. That is forced, but people simply existing in a game, a couple walking by....thats pretty normal in real life, no?

Back on topic, I had gotten a good offer on this game in my email somewhere. I need to go find and purchase.

Last edited:

GymWolf

A couple of questionable sequels?

Robocop 2 was great, wtf is he talking about?

Btw the shooting looks so punchy in this one, i can't believe these dudes nailed gunplay better than ubisoft in fc after like 10 games...

It honestly looks as good or almost as good as something like rage 2, but i think i like this one more.

Fuck it, i'm buying the murphy edition on cdkeys :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

GymWolf

When does this fucker unlock in europe for the rich people who like to waste money on early access editions?

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
A couple of questionable sequels?

Robocop 2 was great, wtf is he talking about?

Btw the shooting looks so punchy in this one, i can't believe these dudes nailed gunplay better than ubisoft in fc after like 10 games...

It honestly looks as good or almost as good as something like rage 2, but i think i like this one more.

Fuck it, i'm buying the murphy edition on cdkeys :lollipop_squinting:

It reminds me of an early Monolith shooter or something by Starbreeze.

Walking the streets seeking people to talk to and finding mini quests is very similar to The Darkness

Top Bottom