• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg Rumor - Nintendo Switch 2 will ship with an 8-inch LCD screen

Two models: 399.99 LCD and 449.99 OLED at launch, Both 256Gb Nvme and 8 inch, thats my prediction.
God I hope you're right but I fear Nintendo has learned that many of us will buy LCD model at launch and then also buy the OLED version when it launches 2 years later :/

Even if that happens at least Switches hold value so you could sell your LCD model to offset the cost of the OLED if it launches later but feels bad

Beechos

God I hope you're right but I fear Nintendo has learned that many of us will buy LCD model at launch and then also buy the OLED version when it launches 2 years later :/

Even if that happens at least Switches hold value so you could sell your LCD model to offset the cost of the OLED if it launches later but feels bad
Yeah no way in hell nintendo releasing an oled version at launch when all their fans will happily buy another system for oled. I can only envision 2 versions. One with different storage capacities like 512 or 1gb or one with a dock and the other without.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

It wouldn't surprise me if they are doing it on purpose to get people to double dip

Wow what an unexpected craaaaaazy turn of events that the next-gen Switch will have a slightly bigger screen and be cost-effective with an LCD instead of OLED to keep the launch price down.

Shocking stuff!

It wouldn't surprise me if they are doing it on purpose to get people to double dip
Yes, that. But really the primary reason would be to keep production costs down so they can launch it at $399 and be profitable day one. Switch OLED retails for $50 more than the base model and Nintendo makes less margin on the OLED model than they do on the standard.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Well crap, I guess it's not a standard console then. 😭

Ok but seriously, there's still hope for a second sku........

Last edited:
Two models: 399.99 LCD and 449.99 OLED at launch, Both 256Gb Nvme and 8 inch, thats my prediction.

Unlikely. They will get in on the Lite/Pro/XL revisions and hold back any meaningful upgrades. Screen and storage are prime candidates to somehow raise the price of the console a couple years from now and prevent any price drops that Nintendo is now allergic to.

Top Bottom