• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Suicide Squad by Rocksteady will be delayed to 2023

VN1X

Banned
A game nobody asked for... well from a movie nobody asked for lol
FqTnIFI.png

BoxFresh123

When this became a shooter my interest tanked.

Seen a bunch of people hyped for it though so sucks if you were looking forward to it this year.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Is this another Duke Nukem case? How are the devs from Rocksteady paying their bills? It's been 7 years since their last game what the fuck.
They made 1 game. Arkham Asylum.

Then they made that game over and over again, while learning how to do basic open world tech, and high end graphics.

That's it! Game #2 from them now, for the first time since 2009. And they're really having a hard time nailing it down from the looks of it.

jakinov

A game nobody asked for... well from a movie nobody asked for lol
Nobody asks for most games or movies. Part of being a business and thinking there's an audience for something that doens't exist yet and not explitily asked for. And the thing is gamers ask for a lot of things that aren't great ideas either stuff that's not practical in terms of costs or that wouldn't work out as well as they think.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Maybe they chose this themselves.
Thats impossible.
You really think a studio that had earned some goodwill from their publisher wouldnt want to keep doing the same thing over and over and over?
You really think some creatives when given the chance to work on something new wouldnt just say nah fuck it....i want to work on the same shit i been doing since the Xbox 360 was hot shit.

But seriously.
Publishers are far less likely to take chances devs on the other hand are more likely to try or atleast ask to work on something new.
Its highly unlikely the decision NOT to make yet another Arkham game came from WB.....almost certain it was from within Rocksteady.
Give them a chance to try working on something else.....I think theyve earned the right to atleast try, if it fails we can all look at them and laugh because we will never be half as talented.

Honey Bunny

They made 1 game. Arkham Asylum.

Then they made that game over and over again, while learning how to do basic open world tech, and high end graphics.

That's it! Game #2 from them now, for the first time since 2009. And they're really having a hard time nailing it down from the looks of it.
A weirdly hyperbolic way to say they made two sequels to their breakout hit, which is completely standard in this industry

Punished Miku

Gold Member
A weirdly hyperbolic way to say they made two sequels to their breakout hit, which is completely standard in this industry
2006Urban Chaos: Riot Response
2009Batman: Arkham Asylum
2011Batman: Arkham City
2015 Batman: Arkham Knight
2016 Batman: Arkham VR
2022 Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

It's not hyperbolic. They're held up as some elite team, but they have a very unusual background (in that they literally don't have any background). They're not standard in the industry to hit it so big on your first major game. They've been treading water since 2009. This is literally the first time we're seeing them attempt something new, and it's clearly not going smoothly.

Stuart360

In development for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS already.

Absolutely insane. Can't even imagine the cost that went into this game already.

What a waste of a talented developer.
I doubt they have been working on this SS game for the whole 7 years. There was a lot of rumours about them making a Superman game, and even a new Batman game, long before even the first SS movie released.
I bet they were working on something else, and was probably shifted to make a SS game when the first film released and made so much money.

Fbh

Damn if this is true the game will release 8 years from their last game.
They must be counting on this being a big hit to recoup that investment.

Been waiting for a suicide game after the arkham series

The movie was fun too ( in its on way)

Whats with the doom n gloom atittude?

Beloved single player studio takes 8 years to release their next game which is a multiplayer, loot focused shooter that will very likely have "live service" elements.
I'm not saying the game will be bad or that you shouldn't be hyped, but it's not that hard to see why not everyone on gaming forums is excited about it.

Thats impossible.
You really think a studio that had earned some goodwill from their publisher wouldnt want to keep doing the same thing over and over and over?
You really think some creatives when given the chance to work on something new wouldnt just say nah fuck it....i want to work on the same shit i been doing since the Xbox 360 was hot shit.

But seriously.
Publishers are far less likely to take chances devs on the other hand are more likely to try or atleast ask to work on something new.
Its highly unlikely the decision NOT to make yet another Arkham game came from WB.....almost certain it was from within Rocksteady.
Give them a chance to try working on something else.....I think theyve earned the right to atleast try, if it fails we can all look at them and laugh because we will never be half as talented.
Just one spelling error causes you to say the opposite of what you intended. I agree though with that sentiment (the one you intended)

Papacheeks

Banned
This shows you who has their shit together as studios.

Not to toot the horn, but we literally have 4 first party titles coming from Playstation. Even Square is firing on all cylinders. I think this shows a larger issue, in management in a post covid world.

Last edited:
I knew this was being delayed when I saw WB promoting only Hogwarts Legacy and Gotham Knights on their recent Twitter post. WB Games are spacing out their releases, which is understandable.

Last edited:

Helghan

This shows you who has their shit together as studios.

Not to toot the horn, but we literally have 4 first party titles coming from Playstation. Even Square is firing on all cylinders. I think this shows a larger issue, in management in a post covid world.
You know they've also postponed the launch of those games, right?

HFW, GT7 we both delayed. Ragnarok also delayed, but that wasn't due to development.

Last edited:
They probably didn't want to release this in the same year as the Gotham Knights game.

Speaking of Gotham Knights, I am not sure why they didn't want to release that game in the same month as the new batman movie.

Last edited:

yurinka

If Bloomberg isn't lying again and it turns out to be true, let's hope they fix Harley Quinn's design and 3d model. At least her face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom