• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon Website updates again, 12 HD images within!

duckroll

http://bluedragon.tv

There's now both the JP and English subbed trailers up at various resolutions for download, and an interview with Uematsu.

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

img5.jpg

img6.jpg

img7.jpg

img8.jpg

img9.jpg

img10.jpg

img11.jpg

img12.jpg

That little orange-yellow horned dude is cool. And I love that four-eyed tiger-thing shot everytime I see it. Really ****ing cool shit!

MutFox

Banned
The game looks nice, I just don't think it'll sell well in NA...
Which is too bad.
I know it'll sell well amongst the 360 GAF people,
but too bad GAF doesn't make up the 360 core userbase.

And in Japan where the 360 is pretty much dead, I just don't think it'll fly.

Andy787

Banned
This game looks so great, but the whole idea behind it's namesake (the dragon "shadows" that fight for you) is so, so stupid. :(

sevenchaos said:
Looks really nice. Too bad I'm not a big fan of Toriyama.
You know, I felt the same way until I played Dragon Quest 8. I always disliked Dragonball, but Yangus is like one of my favorite character designs. Therefore Toriyamo is a big draw for me and this is dripping in his style, especially in the monster department.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
It's interesting to see which of these shots are realtime or not. I'm surprised that this one is realtime for example:
img11.jpg

Another thing to notice is that the captures from the CG cutscenes are done straight from the encoded video (either the one in the game, or the trailer), and not from the uncompressed master.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Scrow said:
yeah, aliasing gives it away. but even the real-time stuff looks great... makes me wonder why they bother with pre-rendered anymore.
Prerendered cutscenes are still way easier to do because they have no restrictions in what you can do or not. Some might be doable in realtime, but it would take a lot of efforts for basically nothing.
If that game is 2 or more DVD because of the cutscenes (nothing has been announced about that yet, right?) I really couldn't care less. In fact this is the type of game where finishing a disc actually feels like an achievement :)

duckroll

Blimblim said:
If that game is 2 or more DVD because of the cutscenes (nothing has been announced about that yet, right?) I really couldn't care less. In fact this is the type of game where finishing a disc actually feels like an achievement :)

The save files at TGS said "Disc 1" on the selection screen. :D

duckroll

Blimblim said:
Ha yes, I remember that now. Was there a topic about that here? I must have missed it :)

I mentioned it a few times in the various threads. We've had like 6 different Blue Dragon threads since TGS, people just can't stop making new ones! It's strange though, you would think that if it were on multiple discs that MS would sell it for more than just 6800yen. Maybe they're really trying to push the game in Japan hard at any costs.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
I mentioned it a few times in the various threads. We've had like 6 different Blue Dragon threads since TGS, people just can't stop making new ones! It's strange though, you would think that if it were on multiple discs that MS would sell it for more than just 6800yen. Maybe they're really trying to push the game in Japan hard at any costs.
Well DVDs cost next to nothing, so I don't think it's a real issue for the final price. And of course it would be suicidal for MS to overprice that game in Japan.

Looks great. This is seeing a N.A. release right? Probably a stupid question but I haven't really been following this one.

Also, is it RPG? Adventure? I'm not a big fan of RPGs but just because of the beauty of this one I'd consider playing it.

I honestly hope they take their time with the North American version and enhance it a bit as Sqaure did with Dragonquest 8 to ensure good sales. Let japan have the lesser version.lol

I can't wait to see the ad campaign for this one.

Meier

MutFox said:
The game looks nice, I just don't think it'll sell well in NA...
Which is too bad.
I know it'll sell well amongst the 360 GAF people,
but too bad GAF doesn't make up the 360 core userbase.

Everything 360 sells well in America software related. Day 1 for me, that's for sure!

aztrex said:
Looks great. This is seeing a N.A. release right? Probably a stupid question but I haven't really been following this one.

Also, is it RPG? Adventure? I'm not a big fan of RPGs but just because of the beauty of this one I'd consider playing it.

It's an RPG. I don't know if there's been official confirmation of NA release but the TGS trailer is on Live Marketplace in the US, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that it's coming out here.

Top Bottom