• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I`m about 5+ hours into the game, but I haven`t had a huge amount of time to play the game because I`ve been really sick for the last three days.

So far, I like the way you can rope in multiple enemy groups into a single fight, and sometimes cause a monster fight. I also like the way spell charging works.

In general, I find the game really beautiful, even in regular gameplay. Then again, I`m not a graphics whore like bebpo.

I`m looking forward to playing a lot more tonight, and over the rest of the weekend, but I`ve got a lot of real world engagements to play around.

I doubt I can say anything that hasn`t already been said, but so far I really enjoy the game. I really hope this sees an American release very soon (and some of the frame drop issues in battle are fixed in the mean time), so Xbox owners finally get a chance to experience the game.

intheinbetween said:
after playing 10+ hours, still not finished the first DVD, I can't imagine what Mistwalker can do with Lost Odyssey.... if they raise the quality level on Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey could be pretty awesome.. and i don't wanna even think about Cry On..

I have a feeling Cry On will be better than Lost Odyssey. Since Sakaguchi is producer/writer on Cry On he should be able to help them make something with decent gameplay. That's really the only issue Cavia has ever had... gameplay.

And of course there will be more Uematsu music.

GhaleonEB

Just wondering for those in Japan. The pictures of people lining up for Blue Dragon had giant piles of the 360 hardware bundle sitting around. Is that still the case? Or did a good chunk of them move?

I remember after the 360 launch there were tons of hardware units tucked into corners of stores.

Can't wait to play this. Looks absolutely stunning.

btw
I don't know if it has been already answered in this thread
can you turn off that annoying female voice telling you "item", "nothing", "gameplay" and so on? Please, tell me there's an option.

johnjohnson said:

btw
can you turn off that annoying female voice telling you "item", "nothing", "gameplay" and so on? Please, tell me there's an option.

No

Ginko

johnjohnson said:

btw
Nope.

duckroll

johnjohnson said:

btw

Nope. It actually eats into your head instead of being flat out annoying though. It's kinda like LIBERATION! or FIGHT IT OUT! in Ogre Battle. It's a silly digitized english voice in a very japanese game. :lol

wazoo

DarknessTear said:
We need to all join together and tell them to remove it for the US release.

I like the "playable" word. it is just here to tell you how great the graphics are and how you are not able to distinguish between CGI and realtime :)

duckroll

I think there should be a switcharoo so if you're playing in Japanese that voice stays in English, but if you're playing in English that voice turns into Japanese. :lol

Ginko

wazoo said:
I like the "playable" word. it is just here to tell you how great the graphics are and how you are not able to distinguish between CGI and realtime :)
That's actually true:lol

JMPovoa

wazoo said:

That's exactly my thoughts while watching Blim's 10 minute video. The difference is very very narrow. :)

DCharlie

Banned
i like this game.

317720012_ce5fcaa3a3_b.jpg

317720447_c0f8564c79_b.jpg

317721358_b959858039_b.jpg

317720948_fdb117e3a3_b.jpg

317721806_bab75e3fc5_b.jpg

317722235_5f8c7c4048_b.jpg

317722812_c28578fa47_b.jpg

DCharlie said:
i like this game.

317720948_fdb117e3a3_b.jpg

What ever your doing keep doing it. Your screen grabs are very impressive. Beautiful colour and no visable artifacts from compression. Better then the "official" screens, imo.

Dina

duckroll said:
Nope. It actually eats into your head instead of being flat out annoying though. It's kinda like LIBERATION! or FIGHT IT OUT! in Ogre Battle. It's a silly digitized english voice in a very japanese game. :lol

Liberation! Cheerkgkkgkgkgkgkg. Cool soundbites though. I'm not sure about BD's.

john tv

Anyone notice they actually have art that displays during long load times? I only saw it once for a split second because the loading is usually very fast, but it's there.

duckroll

john tv said:
Anyone notice they actually have art that displays during long load times? I only saw it once for a split second because the loading is usually very fast, but it's there.

Whoa what? I'm already on disc2 and I've never seen load times that long. What did you do?

Ginko

john tv said:
Yeah? This might be the first time I want the loading to be long :p

john tv

duckroll said:
Whoa what? I'm already on disc2 and I've never seen load times that long. What did you do?
I dunno, maybe my Japanese 360 is on the brink or something. :) After about three seconds of loading, some art of Jiro popped up on the screen in a white box with the word "JIRO" on it before quickly disappearing as the loading finished.

EDIT: BTW, duck, what's your Gamertag?

duckroll

john tv said:
I dunno, maybe my Japanese 360 is on the brink or something. :) After about three seconds of loading, some art of Jiro popped up on the screen in a white box with the word "JIRO" on it before quickly disappearing as the loading finished.

EDIT: BTW, duck, what's your Gamertag?

That's weird, my loading screens just stay black, but then again I don't think I've seen loading more than 3-5 seconds max. Maybe it's random? Oh and my gamertag's duckroll. :D

Chittagong

Gold Member
Blimblim said:
Third and last part at the same url :)
I'm starting playing again now and will record everything. I don't know if I'll put anything more online directly or if it will be only for the next Gamersyde Diaries.
Let me know if there is something you really want to see.

T0_-1_1806993.png

Holy shit this is amazing! Thanks again Blim!

the sad part is, I'd probably be willing to watch the entire game.

though even if it was available, I'd have to stop at some point so I'd have a reason to play through it myself

hey, what are those Lv1, Lv2, etc.. things you can buy for? i don't know what are they for, and i'm curious about it..

otherwise, i've read an article from Kotaakkouuu titled: "Feature: Japan gets it RPG, Blue Dragon launches" and it's hilarious, worth the read

Sean*O

Those HD videos are great Blim. Love the music, which gives it a total Final Fantasy feel (as it should) and the graphics remind me a lot of Skies of Arcadia. I get a strong 'Sonic - Dr. Robotnik' vibe from some of the mech art too.

Battles look like total Final Fantasy. The CGI is very close to the in-game cinematics, almost to the point where they don't need the CGI at all -but then again, maybe they have some spectacular stuff farther into the game that would not be effective with the in-game cinematics?

Hope they do the translation right for the US release. What are the odds that they add voice to (almost) every character like FF X?

john tv

I'm gonna call it a night. 'Bout 11 hours in, level 17,
on my way back toward the first town
. Enjoying it pretty well so far. It's got some minor issues, but for the most part it's solid.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm 4 hours in now, level 11, at the
underground hospital
. And enjoying every minute of it :)
For some reason I had a hard time with the first boss, I had to go back to the village to get my HP/MP back to full before I defeated him.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Orodreth said:
Is it Shu´s voice the same as Edward Elric from Full metal alchemist?
Yep.
Edit: Actually no she's not. She did some rather small roles besides the main character in Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Orodreth

Blimblim said:
Yep.
Edit: Actually no she's not. She did some rather small roles besides the main character in Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

It does reminds her a lot.

Btw. the music is great, i just watched the entrance of the first dungeon? with the poo fights and the tune while moving around is very fitting.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Oh my God. If they don't screw up on the localization of this game, I will be..extremely satisfied.

I remember reports of how MS wouldn't **** up the localization for this game, but when N3 came out in the states....I lost hope.

IJoel

john tv said:
It's got some minor issues, but for the most part it's solid.

Such enthusiasm!

I can't wait for a subbed release. The game reminds me of Skies of Arcadia, from a charm perspective.

Top Bottom