• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

Gravity Rush maybe. If they would want to make the sequel PS4 game, better get 1st game on PS4.

Goodbye, Vita exclusives.

Eeeeeh fine I guess. I mean PS2 has actually lost A LOT of exclusive games because of HD collections. Besides GR fans would be happy if that series got more popular.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm 200% convinced it's Gravity Rush. I just don't think anything else would be worth their time. And it's Bluepoint, so it's a port worth doing.

I'm 200% convinced it's Gravity Rush. I just don't think anything else would be worth their time. And it's Bluepoint, so it's a port worth doing.
And due to the art style, a framerate and resolution boost and AA would make it look pretty damn good next to typical PS4 titles.

AAA and PS4?

Well then, I suppose it's a Vita title and a Sony title.

Uncharted makes sense. It's good, there are good assets from PS3 and the rumured Uncharted Remastered Collection would be crazy with all 4 the games.
Naughty Dog could handle the trilogy perfectly, Bluepoint are the best in the industry in that area and they worked with Sony' collections like GOW and ICO, and they already worked on PS Vita (MGS Collection).

Killzone, also. The game is really good, but sold poorly.
Can't see another reason...

Gravity Rush would be fantastic. I love the game and it's possible that Sony decided tu put the sequel on PS4. A remaster could help a lot, the game needs to be played by more people.

No it didn't. Not even 1/4 of it.

Not compared to the actual library no. PS2 had just soooo many games. I was just saying it lost a lot of games in general. Just quick glance:

4 R&C games
2 GoW games
3 Jak games
3 Sly games
1 Killzone

Thats 13 games and Im not even counting 3rd party games. Thats a lot of games ported by itself. Of course it isnt a lot when compared to whole library.

Not compared to the actual library no. PS2 had just soooo many games. I was just saying it lost a lot of games in general. Just quick glance:

4 R&C games
2 GoW games
3 Jak games
3 Sly games
1 Killzone

Thats 13 games and Im not even counting 3rd party games. Thats a lot of games ported by itself. Of course it isnt a lot when compared to whole library.

Need dat Dark Cloud HD Collection Sony.

Gravity Rush was my first thought, to make way for GR2 on PS4. As much as I love the original game on Vita, I would be okay with this, as I want the series to have the best opportunity for success that it can.

Edit - or perhaps Killzone Mercenary. A superb game and again I'd be happy if it had the chance for wider exposure. That being said, in the highly-competitive FPS genre it might struggle to stand out.

I'm glad they greenlit the sequel though. The franchise has so much potential and Kat is a great character.

Me too.

If Gravity Rush 2 is really for PS4, a remastered of the original one is plenty justified.

I would double dip easily.

Yeah. If the Gravity Rush team were really making GR2 for PS4 now, then they probably don't have the time/manpower to also port the first game to PS4 at the same time.

If so, if it's not the dev itself I'm glad atleast it'd be Bluepoint since they've been really good at these.

Arzehn

Hope it's not Gravity Rush, that means GR2 would be farther away, and they would use this a gap bridge. :p

Also, while I know they worked on the ICO/SoTC remake, I just don't think they are working on a Japanese appeal game.

Killzone Mercenaries is probably the most likely candidate. Wonder if GG would give them Shadowfall assets to work with for it.

J-Skee

Why are so many people saying Golden Abyss? Even if there is an Uncharted collection coming, the story in that game isn't canon. And it wasn't highly acclaimed. I think the better choice would be Gravity Rush. Hopefully we'll find out what's going on with that series during TGS.

libregkd

sony is going to have come up with a hell of a compelling reason for people to buy the playstation tv, because it sure won't be able to draw on the vita's original library.
Well depending on whatever games get ported because there is a subsection of Vita games that aren't playable on the PSTV anyway. So if they just port those games (Tearaway, Gravity Rush, etc.) then that really wouldn't affect anything.

GavinUK86

i kinda hope it is the uncharted vita title because thats the only one i havent played, even if people say it was crap.

Mortemis

Banned
Gravity rush and freedom wars are some of the only new IP games coming from the vita that I would really want to play, would love for either of them to come to ps4.

It'll probably be that uncharted game packed into an uncharted collection like the gow collection like others have said. :(

Not sure, hope it's Gravity Rush or Freedom War though...

Port everything from Vita for the west, keep making games for it for the east...

There is only like 5 games on Vita that could possible make sense for them to up port:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss for an Uncharted collection.
Wipeout 2048 so that people don't forget Wipeout exists.
Killzone Mercenary because it's actually a good game unlike Shadow Fall.
Gravity Rush because the sequel is probably for PS4.
And Freedom Wars because it's Sony Japan's new hotness and it won't sell anything on Vita in NA.

That's all that Sony has that they might bother to bring to PS4.

It is likely something very predictable and less exciting like KZ Mercenaries. However, Gravity Rush on the PS4 at 1080p 60 FPS would be amazing.

Also GR makes the most sense since the sequel is likely a PS4 title, but yea watch it be KZ:M.

If Sony is moving GR out of Vita I don't know what the hell I'm doing still supporting this company.

I know right? Your Gravity Rush download or cartridge will cease to work because there is another option for people to play this game.

No rationale person supports companies, especially companies that just provide entertainment. They're a vehicle that provides games, that's it. Get rid of the emotional attachment and realize porting this does nothing but give other people an option to play a game they had no desire to play on another platform.

DMiz

Heh, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. :p

But in all seriousness, I do think Gravity Rush seems like a good candidate.

Percy

Banned
I'm hoping for both Gravity Rush AND Golden Abyss for PS4 personally. Two games I've always wanted to play properly, but not having my own Vita meant I never got to play them.

Shahed

I'd love for it to be Gravity Rush. One of my favourite games on Vita and it would be amazing to play it on PS4. More people could experience it that way

yea, it's gotta be golden abyss. gravity rush would be cool but they know it wouldn't recoup.

I actually think Gravity Rush even though Gravity Rush may not sell as much it would be way more important because it sets up that audience for the sequel. If priced right a Gravity Rush port on PS4 could be big success in more ways than one.

Now I am imaging the OST remixed for 5.1 on my nice home theater system....drools.

It's time.
nCjzy2h.jpg

Gravity Rush PS4 bundled with Gravity Rush 2 ala Bayo 2 on Wii U.

Believe.

Top Bottom