• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint is remastering a handheld game for a current-gen console (seemingly PS4?)

RK128

Remade P3P and P4G bundled with P5 for PS4.

....Give that P3P remaster with full 3D visuals/world from P3:FES and still have the FM Main character option and you have a winner man :D.

Now THAT would be an amazing value :D; P3, P4 and P4 all in one package :).

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Why are people assuming it's a Vita game? Because it's on PS4?

It could be a 3DS game, like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Numerous signs that it will be a Vita game, and it'll be a surprise otherwise:
- its easy to port game between the sony system
- Except for Titanfall, bluepoint's previous works are exclusively PS platforms
- they have experience with vita hardware
- its really only Sony who keep attaching the "AAA" label to handheld game
- there's a recent trend of sony remastering their titles

i'll just stop here.

I am guessing (and hoping) its gravity rush over Killzone Mercenaries and Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Shin-Ra

I'd do some kinky shit for 60fps Gravity Rush.
iTE9cfkgz0Lq5.jpg

kaiyo

Get over it. Vita bombed. Absolutely bombed. If you like the game, you should enjoy the fact that others will get to play it and enjoy it with you. Your attitude is bizarre..

Other can enjoy the game too
by buying a Vita =)

-Horizon-

Vita losing Gravity Rush 2 may be the final straw for me and the Vita.

Even if the game is ultimately pushed to PS4, maybe theres the slight chance it gets a Vita version as well? I hope so. I can't invest in a home console at the moment and Gravity Rush is one of my favorite games on the Vita.

Agent X

I'd wager that the game bring ported over is Uncharted: Golden Abyss. There have been rumors of an Uncharted compilation for PS4. This would be a great addition to such a package, especially when you consider that it hasn't appeared on a home console before (and the Vita version isn't compatible with PlayStation TV).

Gravity Rush would be cool, too, and (although unlikely) I'd really like to a see a PS4 rendition of Wipeout 2048 (with the Wipeout HD and Fury content included for good measure). But I think Uncharted: Golden Abyss is still the most likely candidate.

It'll probably be Gravity Rush. Mixed feelings towards that to be honest. The Vita will be deprived of yet another one of its excellent exclusives, rendering the system even more insignificant in the process.

I disagree that such a move would render the Vita any more insignificant.

Gravity Rush is over two years old already. You can easily get the game for under $20 now, or "free" as part of the PS+ Instant Game Collection. If someone hasn't bought a Vita and Gravity Rush by now, then odds are he wasn't highly interested to begin with.

For all practical purposes, there are no "lost sales" for the Vita by porting over older (2+ years) games like GR, U:GA, or Wipeout 2048 to the PS4. Anyone who really wanted to play them on Vita has likely done so by now.

Magwik

Banned
Also it's probably a good thing to put in mind that Gravity Rush could move some PS4s in Japan, which is needed.

As much as I'd love to see Bluepoint working on a Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 HD, it's certain it is anything but from that description.

VC2 and 3 (Especially VC2) are the quintessential definition of "Not AAA; Not highly acclaimed"

Dont underestimate SE. They are porting a PSP game to the Xbone/PS4

That's... Not what I'd call shocking considering the intent behind the HD port of Type-0 is to bring it to western audiences. It is financial suicide for a title to be released on the PirateStation Portable now, and a big publisher like Squeenix isn't going to have the balls to release a game on Vita without an home-console build backing it up.

Garraboa

Is there really an audience on PS4 for Gravity Rush? Or the PS Ecosystem, for that matter. From what I know, it didn't do so hot on Vita, and on the PS3 and its 80M userbase, an oddball title like Puppeteer couldn't make big numbers. It all depends on Sony marketing the hell out if it if they decide to move it to PS4. Otherwise, it's DOA.

Is there really an audience on PS4 for Gravity Rush? Or the PS Ecosystem, for that matter. From what I know, it didn't do so hot on Vita, and on the PS3 and its 80M userbase, an oddball title like Puppeteer couldn't make big numbers. It all depends on Sony marketing the hell out if it if they decide to move it to PS4. Otherwise, it's DOA.

Sony was actually quite happy with how it performed in Japan. They even had a one year anniversary event for its release there.

Bloodrage

Banned
Pretty sure Guerilla Cambridge would be doing it unless they're working on a new Killzone instead.
We know they're working on a "photorealistic" PS4 game (of an existing franchise) and GG are completely taken by their new IP, so it sounds like Cambridge are taking over Killzone. I doubt they're wasting their time with a Mercenaries remaster.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Could it be related to this?
Uncharted is "classic" now? Getting a bit ahead of ourselves, eh?
Damn... UC:GA port? Booo. And it's not ND code so ND wouldn't have any problems with it. If I recall, they don't like other people touching their insanely optimized and proprietary code.

VLiberty

Blah blah blah Sony is mean to vita owners blah blah blah

Get over it. Vita bombed. Absolutely bombed. If you like the game, you should enjoy the fact that others will get to play it and enjoy it with you. Your attitude is bizarre.

Goddamn, every day with the Vita fans.

So I guess we should all be happy if Nintendo goes third party, right?

I wouldn't, I'm just going by your logic "a system bombed => there's no problem if everything is ported to more successful systems"

Tagg9

Damn... UC:GA port? Booo. And it's not ND code so ND wouldn't have any problems with it. If I recall, they don't like other people touching their insanely optimized and proprietary code.

Pretty sure they don't really care about other people using their code. They didn't do the Jak collection.

I think Golden Abyss is the one that makes the most sense to be ported by BluePoint, especially if they decided to have all Uncharted games ported to PS4.
Gravity Rush PS4 port seems like something Japan Studio would work on side by side with Gravity Rush 2 that way they can pull of a Bayonetta 2 or Metro Redux where they include both games.
What if it's Unit 13 XD?

JoshHood

Given that the ending of Gravity Rush seemed super-abrupt, I'd love a Tearaway-style expanded port, but I'd guess Japan Studio would do that themselves if so. This will probably be a straight upressed version I assume.

And yes, I'm assuming it's Gravity Rush because it's the best of the games that make sense.

Lol the Vita isn't being marketed!

lol indeed. You might want to read his post again.

I guess Uncharted makes sense so they can include it in the Uncharted collection.
GR would get people onboard for the sequel if it is indeed a PS4 game at this point.
Killzone makes sense as well.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

? Link?

BibiMaghoo

Meaning full uncharted collection?

Yes. It has already been mentioned (by Shu I believe) that Uncharted would be a good fit for a remaster Collection. A new Uncharted is coming out, Sony know many of their new customers came from 360.

I mean, it's practically written in stone at this point.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'd love an Uncharted 1-3 HD Remake Collection (if only to replay 2 in HD) but I'd much rather Bluepoint's talent go towards Gravity Rush over Golden Abyss. Wasn't crazy about that one.

Rigalo

Assuming this is GR, Sony is practically giving away any real reason to buy a Vita. First Tearaway and now this, whatever it may be, is telling consumers that there is no reason to buy a vita because all of its best exclusives are being put on better hardware. Also pretty much confirms that the Vita won't get a Tearaway sequel or a GR sequel assuming this is what it is.

HYDE

Banned
Gravity Rush believe

I hope so...only interesting exclusive PS VITA game for me. The only interesting exclusive PSP games I wanted were God of War CoO/GoS and Sony listened to me then.

Gravity Rush 1/2 collection for PS4 makes a lot of sense.

Grisby

While I would miss gravity rush 2 on vita (love that little machine) I would just be happy to see the series continue be it a remaster/port or sequel on PS4.

Either way, Bluepoint will handle whatever it is in an awesome manner.

As much as I would love gravity rush on PS4, I hope it isn't. Vita needs great exclusive games, like this and Soul Sacrifice.

F the vita. PS4 gravity rush > Vita gravity rush any day. PS4/V is great as well only if they don't hold the PS4 version back.

This franchise deserves to not be held back on a dead platform.

Valkyria

Banned
F the vita. PS4 gravity rush > Vita gravity rush any day. PS4/V is great as well only if they don't hold the PS4 version back.

This franchise deserves to not be held back on a dead platform.
If gravity rush is released tomorrow on ps4 it would bomb. Lets not forget how well the last scej did on home consoles

Top Bottom