• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boardwalk Empire - Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'd say that Season 3 was the best season.

correct. Everything just worked fine for me, and every episode was one great scene after another. S1 left me cold, S2 got really good towards the end but I could never stand Jimmy, S3 is stellar from start to finish IMO

Grinchy

Banned
I liked season 3 but I liked seasons 1 and 2 more. I guess I'm just weird like that. I loved the buildup of and decline of Jimmy, I loved the Commodore, ect.

I liked season 3 but I liked seasons 1 and 2 more. I guess I'm just weird like that. I loved the buildup of and decline of Jimmy, I loved the Commodore, ect.

Season 2 is better than 3. The love for 3, which is a great season too mind, comes from the fact that features more action and it's a little bit more straight-forward (we have a villain we know is going to die in the end, and that's the major plot basically).
The series' high, for now, is the combo "Under God's Power She Flourishes" / "To The Lost". Impressive, wonderful episodes.

Grinchy

Banned
Season 2 is better than 3. The love for 3, which is a great season too mind, comes from the fact that features more action and it's a little bit more straight-forward (we have a villain we know is going to die in the end, and that's the major plot basically).
The series' high, for now, is the combo "Under God's Power She Flourishes" / "To The Lost". Impressive, wonderful episodes.

I remember when I wrote that post that I almost compared Season 3 to an action movie version of the Boardwalk I used to know. I took that out because it sounded insulting to the show and it wasn't intended to be an insult. I really enjoyed season 3 but I definitely agree. It was a much more simple, action-oriented season of the show in comparison to the previous seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom