• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bobby Kotick posts a "farewell message"

ZoukGalaxy

We are now part of the world’s most admired company. That isn’t an accident.
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Please somebody tell him.
200.gif

FingerBang

"Kotick will officially step down on Dec. 29, according to the Verge, which reported in October that the CEO stood to receive more than $375 million in compensation following Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard."

I'm sure that will do little to mend his heart. Thoughts and prayers.

coffinbirth

Elephant in the room here, IMO, is where does he go next?

Who could ever be looking for a successor to run their video game company in the next year???

82f3e38c38d1401d828e7afb5c1cb29dc12131fa.gif

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Delivered the shortest COD campaign, thanks man, at least your message was longer than the story.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: RNG

wipeout364

The truth is we will all miss Bobby. Whether it is his relentless Call of Duty, or flogging franchises into the ground, the chatter around GAF will be a little less lively with him gone.

Who else evokes such primitive responses from people, sure Phil and Jim get people worked up, But Bobby is the Darth Vader we need on GAF, except he never got his redemption arc, which I suppose in some ways makes him even cooler as a Villain.

Maybe the Take2 guy can step up his game and fill the void but I doubt it, it’s just too much negative energy for one person other than Bobby.

So farewell Bobby, know you will be missed here on GAF.

Scotty W

Gold Member
So Sally can wait
She knows its too late
As she’s walking on by
Her soul slides away
But don’t look back in anger
I heard you say

Goodby Bobby. You were one of the greats.

Hudo

It still seems fucking weird to me that WarCraft, StarCraft and Age of Empires are under one umbrella now.

If you told this my 12 year old self, I would've called you crazy. Maybe MS buy EA next and then they have the trifecta of RTS...
At least MS would do something with Command & Conquer...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We are now part of the world’s most admired company. That isn’t an accident.

Phil Spencer has appreciated the magic of ABK for decades. When he approached Brian and me two years ago and proposed acquiring the company, it was immediately obvious that the combination of our businesses would enable us to continue to lead as the list of capable, well-resourced competitors grows.

Phil shares our values and recognizes our talents. He is passionate about our games and the people who make them. He has bold ambition.

As we move into our next exciting chapter, you could not be in better hands.

It's like the end of every Metal Gear boss fight, the villains have a moment of clarity before they die.

GG Bobby, now get the fuck out.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
I have a message for him..fuck off you money grabbing old cunt. You're the very personification of everything thats wrong with the videogame scene in 2023.

Last edited:
So Bobby Kotick could become the next CEO of SIE? That would be a megaton, indeed.
Naah that ain't gonna happen, there is no change that Hell is gonna freeze over, so there is no way that Sony gonna pick up him up. So Sony will say HELL NO😉

Last edited:

RickMasters

Well......he did take ABK to the top of the mountain...made a shit tonne of money along the way...and now he retires and starts 2024 a few hundred million richer on top of what he already had.

Dude won at life. personally I would have kept him around. He knows the biz. But maybe he just wants to chill and buy a lambo...spend more time at boat parties on pretty yachts, with 10/10 lookin broads. I know I would with that kind of bank! :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

This ones for bobby. I never been the type to knock a next man's hustle. And I dont put much mental stock into excecs. dude played the game of life and won.... got rich....got your kids, and even their kids, set for life...... thats the dream, aint it? thats what life is all about. and I can respect that shit.

Cant knock the hustle 💰💰💰💰

Top Bottom