• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Bob's Burgers' Is Getting the Comic Book Treatment This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldStar

Banned
feel free to grill me if old, did a search and found nothing

'Bob's Burgers' Is Getting the Comic Book Treatment This Summer
http://splitsider.com/2014/05/bobs-burgers-is-getting-the-comic-book-treatment-this-summer/

bobsburgers_comic.jpg

Fox's hit animated show Bob's Burgers is getting a comic book spin-off this summer. THR reports that Bob's Burgers: The Comic Book — written and created by writers and artists of the show — is set for a release this August from Dynamite Entertainment. Here's a statement from series creator Loren Bouchard:

If you like Bob's Burgers and you like comic books, then you may feel like you're living in one of the greatest times in human history, because Bob's Burgers and comic books are coming together in the form of Bob's Burgers: The Comic Book. Of course, we could really mess it up. Then you'd feel like you were living in one of the worst times in human history. Either way, we hope you'll check out the first few issues.

The first issue will feature five strips: "Louise's Unsolved Mysteries," "Tina's Erotic Friend Fiction," "A Gene Belcher Original Musical," "Letters Written by Linda," and "Bob's Burgers of the Day." The issue will be available for pre-order next month.

i'm not really into comics but i'm def gonna check this out. bob's burgers is easily the best animated sitcom currently on the air and arguably one of the greatest animated sitcoms ever
KoTH beats it, Futurama arguably beats it

EDIT: Looks like it will be released August 27th

Ecto311

King of the hill beats it? I have seen every episode of King of the Hill because my wife likes it and its ok but better? No way. This show gets real laughs from me all the time where King of the Hill gets a slight smile sometimes. Its never hilarious unless its something with Hanks dad. This has comedians and Dr.Katz son in it.

WorldStar

Banned
King of the hill beats it? I have seen every episode of King of the Hill because my wife likes it and its ok but better? No way. This show gets real laughs from me all the time where King of the Hill gets a slight smile sometimes. Its never hilarious unless its something with Hanks dad. This has comedians and Dr.Katz son in it.

i didn't say KoTH is funnier. I just said it is a better show.

bebop242

Nice. Bob's Burgers is a kind of show that I can watch reruns over and over. They just seem to get funnier and funnier each time I watch them.

Goodstyle

Ahh it's getting canceled next season? But it's like, my favourite slightly-above-average sitcom that's airing right now. What a bummer.

ЯAW

Banned
I love the show but these comic treatments are never good. Futurama and Samurai Jack comics were such big let downs :(

strobogo

Banned
ЯAW;116654570 said:
I love the show but these comic treatments are never good. Futurama and Samurai Jack comics were such big let downs :(

Batman Adventures was a DOPE series and had a lot of issues better than a lot of TAS episodes.

HUELEN10

ЯAW;116654570 said:
Futurama comics are the shit, so are IDW Star Trek (ongoing) and My Little Pony (though micro series is better than friends forever). Those Boom Comics of 90s Disney were solid as well, specially Darkwing.

Salsa

well i'd like it if the art was more like the cover. go nuts.

show's static animation and design doesnt really do it that much for me, tho I do love the show

tmarques

Show is great, but hopefully season 5 will see a return to stories revolving around the restaurant. The season 4 finale was boring enough without being spread over two episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom