• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - Official Trailer (New trailer, spiritual reimagining of JSR)

Keihart

Description:
"To support us you can add the game to your Steam wishlist : https://store.steampowered.com/app/13... Coming 2022 Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, 1 second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma. We aim to release the game on all relevant platforms."

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Holy shit that looks good!
Saw this in Edge awhile back.
Real echoes of Jsrf.
Team Reptile obviously ... Understand,Understand,Understand, Understand,Understand, Understand, the concept of love :)

Banned
dagehtmireinerab.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
Coming in 2022. Steam and Switch release first with other platforms a week later.

Looks incredible, can't wait fo this!

Can't believe they even advertised timed exclusivity on the switch though, when it's only a week lmao.

I was intially gutted till I read the video description lol

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Sega could literally call up the devs to slap Jet Set Radio on there. Incredible!

Schmick

I feel like the pitch of this game was make a game with an artstyle and soundtrack that piss people off, well they succeeded.
Actually from the generally positive feedback coming from this thread I'd say they haven't succeeded.

This is inspired by the ever popular Jet Set Radio game so of course this game will be received positively.

cireza

Why even bother getting the license when you can pretty much make a direct copy ? That's what this game has me thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to it. I love Jet Set Radio and it has all the cool visuals and even the composer. This is looking very good.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I do think I wont be able to stomach the noisy in your face auditory assault of it's soundtrack if I'm going from that trailer.

Don't get me wrong I played both the original on Dreamcast and Future on Xbox and loved them but nowadays my tolerance from said assault is wearing thin if that.

Keihart

I wonder if Naganuma is making the whole soundtrack, if not, some 2Mello remixes would be pretty perfect in my book.

Hey, do you like steak?
Well here, try some vegan meat substitute! It's just as good. We promise!

To be fair, lethal league is nothing short of amazing and probably the only really original spin off of smashbros like games, i can give them the benefit of the doubt considering how good the trailers looks.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Why even bother getting the license when you can pretty much make a direct copy ? That's what this game has me thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to it. I love Jet Set Radio and it has all the cool visuals and even the composer. This is looking very good.
Yup, weird situation. I wonder how Sega will react.
Looking really good though !

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Heya everyone this is Dion Koster from Team Reptile, game director of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. I hope you are all doing well, I wanted to add a supplement to the new teaser we dropped. First off a shout out to Bx'treme who made the track AGUA we used. I got to admit I didn't know where the samples were from but it sure sounded dope. Google 'Agua' for a quick surprise.

As you know BRC is a game about the street. Wherever you are from, chances are you grew up going out to the local skatepark, scratching your name on the bins at school or hanging out at the mall, dancing, before heading back home to do some extreme tricks in your favorite video game. Maybe it got you to the point that you are now hitting up the big spots in your own way! Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is a big street culture symphony of these feelings. In that spirit I have decided to include skateboarding, BMX and inline skating in the game.

With this teaser we are giving you a heads up, the way that you move around is important. Style is not only about appearance. Many secrets can be found by getting points and doing combos throughout the stage. You will be outstyling the other crews after you bombed their turf to take what's theirs. Skateboarding, inline and BMX are represented with real life tricks to play into this. After going off you'll be able to switch back to regular ol' feet anytime you want to get down to the beat.

This year, we are going in hard to finish the game. Thank you for your patience! As always, no weak shit.

Top Bottom