• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomberman '94 & Gradius out tomorrow in NA (Wii U VC)

RedToad64

Both will be released tomorrow on Wii U's Virtual Console according to Nintendo's website.
Bomberman '94
Gradius

Interestingly, this text is at the bottom of the Bomberman page:
"When battling with multiple players, you must connect the same number of Wii Remotes or Nintendo GameCube Controllers as the number of players. To play with five players, you will need at least one Nintendo GameCube Controller."
I'm assuming this was copied and pasted from the Wii Shop Channel and does not actually support GameCube controllers.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Keep in mind the '94 represents the date in which this was announced to release on the Wii U VC.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo Portugal dude also responsible for VC descriptions at NoA ?

A little late for me to consider purchasing TG16 games on Wii U but if these come to Switch during its launch window? My Switch is going to function more as a Turbo Express over a Switch.

I am going to skip these releases. Even though the emulation is good it's too close to Switch release to be buying digital on Wii U anymore.

Josh5890

I find it interesting that there are new Wii-U VC games coming out tomorrow when the Switch is four weeks away. I wonder what this means for the Switch.

Woo Hoo!

The only Turbografx game I bought on Wii U was Bomberman '94. Didn't expect any TG-16 games to come West when I bought it.

Now hopefully it supports 5 players with the Gamepad. Please, please support 5 players.

Also good on Nintendo for skipping '93 and going straight to the import '94.

There are only 3 Turbografx games on Wii U that were released last July.

Hopefully this isn't a mistake.

AmyS

I recently got Life Force / Salamander and Gradius II on PS4, so I'll pass on NES Gradius. Edit: Maybe not since it's the TurboGrafx-16 / PC-Engine version

If the Famicom version of Gradius II came out on the Wii U VC, it would be another story -- Now that game was awesome, especially thanks to the extra Konami chip in that cart.

Electronic Gaming Monthly issues #2 and #3 (summer 1989).
saIP3Qs.jpg
9BG1fNX.jpg

2GUiaAN.jpg
ABE6Qrp.jpg

It was even featured on the cover of one of the earliest issue of GamePro, and it included comic-style artwork, in addition to a preview.

Edit:

LOL Gradius? Gimme Gofers or don't even bother!

TurboGrafx-16 version. I probably should have added that to the title.

EGM and EDGE previews of PC Engine CD Gradius II: GOFER

Heck yeah! I knew Bomberman was kicking around out there, but no idea about Gradius. Hope there's more TG-16 stuff in the pipes even at this late stage. I'll probably get both.

Is this a good Bomberman game? I've only played Super Bomberman, but thought it was great. Will pick it up if it's the same or similar quality.

Nairume

Banned
Sweet, I'm down for upgrading my copy of Bomberman.

Hopefully Dungeon Explorer, Nectaris, and Dragon's Trap are not far behind.

steveovig

This might satiate my Bomberman desires until SB-R drops in price. Of course, me waiting until a drop doesn't exactly show support for the franchise but still.

Galang

Banned
This is cool and all, but are they never going to re-release any of the bomberman 64 games? :( Those are the best ones imo

Experien

Wait, can you not use the Gamepad for this?

Also, does this confirm that Wii U VC won't come to Switch (at least at launch)? Konami wouldn't give people an option to play a cheaper one that people want than the overpriced one at retail.

Spy

Some won't purchase Bomberman '94 because the Wii U is a dead platform, others won't purchase Super Bomberman R because it's overpriced.

Konami will take it as a sign the Bomberman franchise is dead. lol

Wait, can you not use the Gamepad for this?

Also, does this confirm that Wii U VC won't come to Switch (at least at launch)? Konami wouldn't give people an option to play a cheaper one that people want than the overpriced one at retail.
I never expected it to but I suppose it does give somewhat confirmation. Can't wait for the drip feed of content over the next 5 years.

Megatron

There is a very very small number of titles I would buy on wiiu vc at this point. Put them on Switch or gtfo. I will be passing.

Top Bottom