• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

He said it was without the expansions.

Then the retail version must being doing something really weird, like a large mandatory patch or something, because that doesn't fit on a gamecard.

Maybe the digital version (that I assume the reviewer has) automatically downloads the DLC files as part of the main download or something? And the DLC are small unlock files or something.

I've been playing games long enough to know that if you send out review copies the day before the game releases that you're in for a surprise.

Tread carefully my friends...

newsguy

I've been playing games long enough to know that if you send out review copies the day before the game releases that you're in for a surprise.

Tread carefully my friends...

While this isn't the case 100% of the time, it sure is common... hopefully people will want to buy the codes if they don't want to wait the extra week.

dolabla

I've never played this game before. Looks interesting, so I'm looking forward to downloading it tomorrow. Does anybody know the download size?

TMWNN35

I'd happily buy this if I could transfer saves from the PC version but no way in hell am I starting over from scratch.

I'd happily buy this if I could transfer saves from the PC version but no way in hell am I starting over from scratch.

PC -> PS3 -> PSV

Downloads Required
  • Install Bruteforce Save Data v4.4.2 - LINK
  • Install Visual Basic run-time files - LINK
  • Download Gibbed Save Editor - LINK

Steps
  1. Get a dummy save from your PS3 version of Borderlands 2. Simply create a new character, and quit once you're in gameplay
  2. Copy this save to your PC using via USB
  3. Open the dummy PS3 save in BFSD and select Decrypt PDF -> Decrypt All Files
  4. Now open Gibbed save editor and open your PC save. It should default to the correct directory.
  5. Change platform to PS3. Then click save. Now save this where your dummy PS3 .sav file currently is, and overwrite it.
  6. Go back to BFSD, and select Encrypt PFD - Encrypt decrypted files
  7. Then copy the PS3 save folder back onto your console from the USB, boot up the game, and you'll have your PC save on your PS3. Ready for the Vita version :D

Credit to iNvRG on se7ensins for his guide that I originally followed

Nydius

Please post a source for 4 enemy maximum.

You know damn well there's no official source for this. The closest is on the latest IGN hands on article which has an official statement that they've reduced enemy density "slightly". They don't say how slightly.

However, you also know damn well what the hands on have shown so far. Go look at all the latest hands on within the last month and a half from IGN, Playstation Europe Blog, and others. In every "action shot" there's no more than 2-4 enemies on screen at a given time. You think that's coincidence?

Here's a shot from mid-April from Playstation Europe from the Captain Scarlett DLC. Three enemies on screen. And a shot from IGN, also in April: Two enemies on screen.

Then there's the off-screen gameplay video from GDC that clearly shows no more than 2-3 Bullymongs or Bandits at any one time on Southern Shelf/Blackburn Cove. No Rakk at the zone entrance, staggered Bullymong timing, and Blackburn Cove should be far more populated with enemies attacking - especially after the first one is attacked.

A lot of the frantic pacing that makes the BL games so fun is going to be gone in this version due to technical limitations.

Agent X

There is apparently a way to do this, if you've got a PS3 as well. I don't know the exact procedure, but it was posted in another thread here a few days ago. It involves using a software tool on the PC to convert the saved data to a PS3 version of the saved data file, which you could transfer to a PS3 using a USB flash drive. You would then presumably use the cross-save feature to transfer the PS3 data to the Vita game.

Gaz_RB

You know damn well there's no official source for this. The closest is on the latest IGN hands on article which has an official statement that they've reduced enemy density "slightly". They don't say how slightly.

However, you also know damn well what the hands on have shown so far. Go look at all the latest hands on within the last month and a half from IGN, Playstation Europe Blog, and others. In every "action shot" there's no more than 2-4 enemies on screen at a given time. You think that's coincidence?

Here's a shot from mid-April from Playstation Europe from the Captain Scarlett DLC. Three enemies on screen. And a shot from IGN, also in April: Two enemies on screen.

Then there's the off-screen gameplay video from GDC that clearly shows no more than 2-3 Bullymongs or Bandits at any one time on Southern Shelf/Blackburn Cove. No Rakk at the zone entrance, staggered Bullymong timing, and Blackburn Cove should be far more populated with enemies attacking - especially after the first one is attacked.

A lot of the frantic pacing that makes the BL games so fun is going to be gone in this version due to technical limitations.

I thought IGN's latest coverage said that the enemy count had only dropped by like 2 or 3, and that the game had improved since those other videos and impressions you've chosen to present.

metalshade

Someone else here interested in being able to convert my PC save data to my Vita.
I also don't have a PS3. Is there a process that can skip the PS3 part?
I have over 300 hours in the PC version. I would definitely buy this if I could transfer those across.

Cornbread78

Oh, man.... I need to get this. Somehow someway, I have to get this on my VITa, so I can play inbetween FFX sessions...

maouvin

Someone else here interested in being able to convert my PC save data to my Vita.
I also don't have a PS3. Is there a process that can skip the PS3 part?
I have over 300 hours in the PC version. I would definitely buy this if I could transfer those across.

Given that there's no way to decrypt/modify/encrypt Vita savedata, I believe there's no way to skip the PS3 part. I'm on the same boat, but I can use my gf's ps3 at least (it's the only ps3 attached to my account).

But even with a little under 200h on pc, since I'm not sure what'd happen with my DLC 3/4 weapons, nor if the Vita would handle lvl 72 characters (I stopped at Tina DLC, so no overlvl for me), I'll happilly start over for now.
Would love to fully port my Gaige to the Vita at some point, tho.

psychotron

Anyone have any recommendations for grips that keep my man hands from hitting that rear touchpad? I absolutely love the vita except when games utilize that touchpad, because I always hit it by accident. Started playing MGS 3 last night and Snake kept trying to knife flies.

Probably a long shot, but if converting a PC save to PS3 is possible... Is it possible to convert from 360 to PS3? I've got tons of hours on my 360 version that I wouldn't mind having on my vita.

BigDug13

Anyone have any recommendations for grips that keep my man hands from hitting that rear touchpad? I absolutely love the vita except when games utilize that touchpad, because I always hit it by accident. Started playing MGS 3 last night and Snake kept trying to knife flies.

I use one like this style which helps with how uncomfortable the triggers feel.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW

If you need battery life, this one is good as well:

If you are in the US, the only place I've found that still carries them are specific Gamestop stores. You'll need to check on the website for store availability and hopefully they have one. I got lucky for mine and they had 1 left. It's a discontinued product.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/power-grip-for-ps-vita/102036

mauaus

If you are in the US, the only place I've found that still carries them are specific Gamestop stores. You'll need to check on the website for store availability and hopefully they have one. I got lucky for mine and they had 1 left. It's a discontinued product.

I own the PDP one its pretty good but the triggers are still a bit squishy

BigDug13

I own the PDP one its pretty good but the triggers are still a bit squishy

Yeah but I'm ok with it because they still register just fine. Still more comfortable than using other grips that force my fingers to sit higher up towards me to hit the original crappily placed triggers.

Even that Nyko Vita grip I linked will hurt my hands after awhile due to trigger placement.

psychotron

Thanks, I might try the PDP one. The other one is out of stock everywhere I checked.

BigDug13

Thanks, I might try the PDP one. The other one is out of stock everywhere I checked.

Np, it's a great grip. I prefer it to the Nyko one anyway. Pretty much just use the Nyko one when I need to float the battery life for longer. Long plane trip or something.

Like the other poster says, it does make the triggers a bit more squishy, but they still register right away and you get used to it. The comfort trump the squishy triggers.

Top Bottom