Borderlands 3 Review Thread

Mar 19, 2015
Uhh.. what? Why would SJW's be over this game, Hammerlock has been gay since Borderlands 2 and in Borderlands 3 you supposedly go on a quest related to it, the games have their "strong power women" , Borderlands 2 was all about "inclusivity" and if you don't believe me

Now, why are these characters gay or bisexual? The answer is simple: we wanted to make our cast more diverse and inclusive, and it cost us effectively nothing to do so. We’ve received only a few negative emails or forum feedback about these characters. In fact, the positive feedback faroutweighed the negative feedback – how often can you say that on the Internet – and by being more inclusive, we’ve potentially increased our audience. In the future, I’d like to be even more overt in discussing the sexuality of gay or bisexual characters
So I would figure the people who would be anti SJW would actually be up in arms about this game, but crazily enough, some people seem to think that Gearbox is the good guy in this and that they are just trying to stave off SJW's and Epic Torch mob :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Fucking hilarious logic here.

Also that one guy who said they were super confident in their product is why they only sent out a few review codes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayfield
Mar 19, 2015
Glad to see another gamer much like myself. I don't give two fucks about the people behind the scenes. Their job is to make a game that I want to play and will enjoy and give them my 60 bucks, that is the only arrangement that should be in place. They don't care what I do at home, and I don't care about them. Give me a game that I'll enjoy and make me NOT sit and worry about real world nonsense. More people need to become a little less involved in everybody elses shit IMO.
Randy keeps putting his shit out on the internets, not the other way around though. People aren't digging up old controversial shit he's saying, he keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

Good that you don't give a shit about the people behind the scenes, I don't really either, but I do care about studio output. Gearbox hasn 't put out a good game since Borderlands 2 so I'm wary of barely any reviews, and the ones that talk about bugs are being put down like they have a grind to gear with Gearbox.

While PC Gamer has actually been promoting Borderlands 3 and Epic's stuff in a very positive light. So yeah that theory doesn't even hold water.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: FMXVII

Helios

Jun 13, 2018

In their latest podcast, Giant Bomb co-founder and editor Jeff Gerstmann claimed that a 2K Games representative categorically refused to send any review copy in advance due to Giant Bomb’s past coverage. It was not about security concerns but rather the risk of getting a low score.

When we inquired about it we were not told ‘hey, there are security concerns’, we were told – and I’m paraphrasing here – but we were told by a 2k PR representative that based on the sentiment of our E3 coverage that they were going to send it to us closer to launch.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Jul 20, 2007
Newfoundland
I'm still on the fence here, but the PC Gamer 63 review column, like the actual review, the prose, did more to influence me to buy the game than the numerical score they assigned is influencing me not to. It's like they don't match up or something haha

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

TagⓇ
May 12, 2013
Canada Eh
I wonder why
I personally don't buy into the whole reviews are bought thing, especially since Colin Moriarty himself said it doesn't happen at IGN, unless of course things have changed since he left. I just found the reviewer's delivery to be a bit manufactured. That's not to say it is though, some people just don't sound very natural when reading off a script.

Helios

Jun 13, 2018
I personally don't buy into the whole reviews are bought thing, especially since Colin Moriarty himself said it doesn't happen at IGN, unless of course things have changed since he left. I just found the reviewer's delivery to be a bit manufactured. That's not to say it is though, some people just don't sound very natural when reading off a script.
They don't have to be bought. But when your job relies on both advertisements AND not pissing off these companies otherwise they don't provide you with early codes that's when it's starting to raise some question marks.

DarkestHour

Oct 27, 2015
I got the game despite the negative criticism and it's so much better than the internet thinks. Zero performance issues and it is fun. Same Borderlands crap I know and love.