• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel | in Space | PC/360/PS3 only [Up: Screenshots]

pvpness

I get what they're saying about the player bases. That's been their stance with Wii U, so I'm less than shocked at this being last-gen only on consoles. Seems they're minding their pennies pretty closely these days.

That said, I'm in for the PC version like always. I think having a pc version should minimize the current gen whining, but whatever works I guess.

Barakov

I'm down for more Borderlands. I'm less enthusiastic about seeing "Handsome Jack's rise to power". His constant talking in BL2 got real old, real fast. Still, if it's got the gameplay that made me love those first two games, I'll be there on PC day one.

Hexa

Last gen only? The fuck? Might as well throw it on PS2 while you're at it. It has a huge user base.

Tagyhag

I can understand why some people would be upset, but given the numbers of consoles sold last gen, you should have seen this coming.

Games that come out on last gen systems don't automatically crash and burn, I assume Dark Souls 2 did great.

Rockyrock

So is this a full price title?

Doesn't look like it will come close to the size and scope of BL2. And I can see playing on the same environment getting boring rather quickly.

that was one of BL2s strongest points, the sheer variety of locations.

VanWinkle

I can understand why some people would be upset, but given the numbers of consoles sold last gen, you should have seen this coming.

Games that come out on last gen systems don't automatically crash and burn, I assume Dark Souls 2 did great.

Yeah, but Dark Souls 2 was announced well before the new consoles released, it is an incredibly hyped series, and it's still within the first six months of the new consoles release.

This game is announced almost six months after the new consoles released, and it will come out almost a YEAR after they released.

The_Afroman

Have we become this angry about gaming? We are complaining about a game being released on consoles with 150 million strong install base? Did everyone on here throw away their last gen consoles? I still buy SNES games!

Geez what a sad state gamers have become. Not everyone jumps on the next-gen bandwagon day one. I do, but I'm a compulsive gadget buyer. I play and buy everything.. (My poor wallet) All the consoles are still hooked up to my TV. ALLL. Even my NES.

Makes me wonder if I'm now a gaming type minority.

sdornan

It's a bummer that this isn't coming to Vita instead of Borderlands 2. I'd be more inclined to get this on Vita than BL2 since I haven't played it before.

VanWinkle

Have we become this angry about gaming? We are complaining about a game being released on consoles with 150 million strong install base? Did everyone on here throw away their last gen consoles? I still buy SNES games!

Geez what a sad state gamers have become. Not everyone jumps on the next-gen bandwagon day one. I do, but I'm a compulsive gadget buyer. I play and buy everything.. (My poor wallet) All the consoles are still hooked up to my TV. ALLL. Even my NES.

Everyone in this forum is a hardcore passionate gamer. What reaction did you expect? Why should I care that there are some people that don't have the PS4? That doesn't make me fine with it not releasing on the new consoles. I still have my PS3 but I'm never going to buy a $60 game on it again because I'm done with that console besides backlogs. I have a way more powerful and better system now and would rather play new games on that.

ZeroAKA

It's a bummer that this isn't coming to Vita instead of Borderlands 2. I'd be more inclined to get this on Vita than BL2 since I haven't played it before.
That would have convinced me to buy this game, especially since there isn't a PS4 version.

Artadius

Can't wait to play this on PC using CheatEngine to take away the stupid oxygen requirement.

TONDq.gif

And up the drop rates at the same time like I do in BL2

Might get this, always wanted to play as a claptrap. I wonder if this was supposed to be a expansion to BL2 and they just said" Hey why not make a new borderlands?" kinda like what happened to saints row 4

Reminds me of 2K doing Bioshock 2. Unnecessary money grabber but still can be fun and good.

PC all the way though.

Wait for the inevitable GOTY edition?

Why is wanting this on PS4/X1 a bad thing? The hardcore audience are the most likely to pick up the new console and software sales have been really good for the most part. You're right that not everyone jumps on next gen but over 10 millions gamers have so far and that's not exactly a small number. That number will obviously be far higher by the time this releases.

Also, a lot of people trade in their consoles to put money towards the new one. Not everyone has every console so yes you are probably in the minority.

People with the new consoles will naturally expect big games to at least be cross gen as we transition so the decision to not port the game is indeed baffling.

Mrbob

I can play this on PC but I wouldn't pay 60 dollars for awful last gen performance. If I could pay 60 dollars to play it on PS4/XB1 with better performance, why wouldn't I want to do that? Games cost the same no matter what system you buy it on.

Christmas Steam sale should be a good time to hop in.

-PXG-

Last gen only? The fuck? Might as well throw it on PS2 while you're at it. It has a huge user base.

Now this is a stupid post. This game was probably in early development and concept just as next gen kits were coming out.

I'm getting it on PC, so it really doesn't matter.

okayfrog

Banned
You guys do know that this game is only being made so that they can accumulate more money to develop Borderlands 3, right? This is the Arkham Origins of the Borderlands series; it isn't meant to be the next big game for next-gen consoles as they're already developing that game (Borderlands 3).

You guys do know that this game is only being made so that they can accumulate more money to develop Borderlands 3, right? This is the Arkham Origins of the Borderlands series; it isn't meant to be the next big game for next-gen consoles as they're already developing that game (Borderlands 3).
Borderlands 3 PS4/XBone/PC only confirmed!

You're probably right.

Though I don't see much of a graphical upgrade with Borderlands because of the art style. It'll look as good as PC.

BigDug13

They started working on this game years ago. Most likely before they had dev kits for next gen. Why is it impossible to understand why this game was originally approved for PS360?

Athena's back! =D Looking forward to this one. Seems to be running on the BL2 engine, which is fine by me. Would like to see how the gameplay and RPG mechanics have changed compared to BL2.

entremet

They started working on this game years ago. Most likely before they had dev kits for next gen. Why is it impossible to understand why this game was originally approved for PS360?

XB1/PS4 are x86 based. The game is coming to PC, which is x86. Connect the dots. It makes no sense this isn't on current gen consoles.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Note that the Pre-Sequel isn't coming to PS4 or Xbox One, which may be a source of disappointment for our console cousins, who probably hoped for an uptick in resolution and/or frame rate, but there are no such worries on PC.

It's like they're taunting me. I would be in day fucking one on PS4.

-PXG-

Because people don't know jack shit and think when a game is announced, development started a week prior

BigDug13

XB1/PS4 are x86 based. The game is coming to PC, which is x86. Connect the dots. It makes no sense this isn't on current gen consoles.

How does that change what this game was funded to be released on? Yes, they should probably change their minds, especially after seeing next gen console sales. But at initial approval timeframe, the next gen specs probably weren't even really known.

JayEH

How does that change what this game was funded to be released on? Yes, they should probably change their minds, especially after seeing next gen console sales. But at initial approval timeframe, the next gen specs probably weren't even really known.

Your logic implies that no 3rd party game should have been released at launch.

I guarantee that all the big 3rd party games had dev kits for a very short period of time and still got the games out.

Avari

I'll very likely get it but it's not the guaranteed buy it would be if it was on the current generation consoles. I have a group that played both previous games extensively. All have either sold their last generation consoles or rarely use them anymore.

Kaswa101

No PS4 no buy. I like Borderlands and all but the decision not to bring this to next gen consoles is confusing.

I love Borderlands and Platinum'd both of the originals, but yeah, gonna give this a skip. Not gonna deal with that horrid framerate and graphics issues on PS3 again.

Current-gen port please.

It's not on current gen consoles?

Hmm. Let me go shove an asshole stick up my asshole so I can approximate some of these cynical responses myself

Damn shame PC's aren't current gen and we all shelved ours in anticipation of the PS4 and the Xbox One

I'll buy it when it's three dollars and fifty cents because I'm an asshole

okayfrog

Banned

It makes perfect sense. Why? Because this is being developed as a last-gen game. I mean, everything I say is pretty much only assumption, but it's not being developed by Gearbox and looks just like Borderlands 2. Those facts lead me to believe that this game is only being made to tide people over until Borderlands 3 is released (possibly exclusively on current gen systems). If this game was released on XB1/PS4, people would complain that it looks last-gen even though it is a last-gen game. Since there are no generations on PC, people won't be having that complaint.

Top Bottom