• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'll get lucky and get an answer before the deal expires, but do you think they'll be a better deal before Christmas for this than that $48 GMG deal? (That $43 DLgamer one expired already I guess). I can't play it until Christmas anyways since I have to wait for a friend to get their PC built.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get an answer before the deal expires, but do you think they'll be a better deal before Christmas for this than that $48 GMG deal? (That $43 DLgamer one expired already I guess). I can't play it until Christmas anyways since I have to wait for a friend to get their PC built.

maybe black friday. If you have to wait anyway, I would just wait.

NIN90

2k is very aggressive with discounts on Steam, especially the Borderlands series it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if it got a 50% discount during (or even before) the Christmas sale.

cHinzo

I wouldn't bother buying the game now if u can't play it on launch anyway. Might as well wait for a better sale. Don't expect it to immediately go like 50% down during Christmas though, since it releases quite near the end of the year, but waiting can't hurt. :d

mr stroke

Pretty excited for this!! Still trying to decide whether to get it on 360 or on my PC which I'm going to build in the next month or so. On the one hand I can get it on release for the 360, but on the other hand I can get a much better version if I wait a month...

Wait a month if you can, the image quality on PC is far superior vs old gen. Plus if you are rolling NVIDIA the PhysX stuff is insane(probably the best use of it on any game)

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks folks. I guess I'll just wait it out then. Hopefully I can at least get it for $50 at Christmas time in the worst case scenario.

GamerSoul

That could be cool I suppose. I wonder what his action skill would be. Summoning random Hyperion robots?

I hope its something interesting because wilheim already has wolf and saint as drones/robots.

Everyone know who will be there first character??

Athena all the way. I not only like her trees but I'm interested in seeing the story from her perspective. I'm glad the decided to make the characters more vocal ths time around.

if you are a GMG memeber you should have received an email that gives you a user only discount code today. I used it for this and it came to 45$-the get preload gives you the bonus slaughter pit DLC

check those emails.

2 females and 1 male isn't equality, nevertheless I'm hyped as shit for this game

I'm sure they will balance it out with more DLC characters in the future. I really did like Borderlands 2 though, but I don't feel like dropping down $60.00 for this one yet. think I will wait for an inevitable sale.

I think the character choices look interesting, especially Wilhelm and Claptrap.

YeSp

Neo Member
Is it possible to activate a steam key bought in the US on an European account just like PSN for example?

The game is way cheaper in the US and can play the game on tuesday instead of friday :)

YeSp

Neo Member
More specific....would the way I buy US PSN games work on steam? So for example I buy a Amazon US download key for steam ..could I enter that key on my EU steam account and play the game?

Really looking forward to playing this. I went back to Borderlands 2 recently to play the remaining season pass DLC I did not play, and to beat True Vault Hunter Mode and that game is a lot of fun. A tad uninspired in my opinion, but still a lot of fun.

I like everything that this new Borderlands is bringing to the table, particularly with the way the classes are set up. I'll dig into a Gladiator run on Tuesday.

maouvin

Everyone know who will be there first character??

Athena all the way. I not only like her trees but I'm interested in seeing the story from her perspective. I'm glad the decided to make the characters more vocal ths time around.

Probably Nisha with jakobs (or other low mag) pistols, just to be safe on the first playthough.

Yes. You can buy the game from Nuuvem for roughly $35, although you need to use a South American proxy/VPN to add the game to your cart.

Nuuvem seems to be sending the steam keys only on the 17th, so no pre-load. At least this was the answer their CS gave me last month.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nuuvem seems to be sending the steam keys only on the 17th, so no pre-load. At least this was the answer their CS gave me last month.

Fair point, but the entire pre-load data weighs in at 5.12GB. Naturally, that may be too large for some, but it's relatively low. "Food for thought" and all that.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Gah, I don't know if I have enough time to play this at launch. I'm near the end of BL2, but I'm doing the DLC packs... I'm almost done with one. I'm considering waiting until a Game of the Year edition of this. Unless people here rave about it.

2 females and 1 male isn't equality, nevertheless I'm hyped as shit for this game
Well, it is 8 men and 5 women total, so you're right, still not equal. They need 7 more robots.

EDIT: OK, just saw the trailer... hype for getting it at launch raising again.

Dazzyman

Come join us.

My wife and I fav game series, we have 2 copies preordered for 360.

Feel free to add us both
Dazzyman
Ikkle Panda

We have end of week free to play. What with Evil inside and Sleeping Dogs next gen on Tuesday it's a great week :)

yes I have been using mine since last November-:)

bonus Athena shield gifs*:
tumblr_n85p22mmRx1tt3wuco1_500.gif

tumblr_n85p22mmRx1tt3wuco2_500.gif

This, this is my jam. I'll be getting this. Played through all of Borderlands 2 and the DLCs with friends over the summer, we're so ready for this.

Ichabod

Banned
Just pre-ordered my copy + the season pass. Hyped! This will be my first day 1 season pass purchase. You'd better not let me down 2K/Gearbox!!!

cHinzo

MattyG

Banned
I might be getting this on Tuesday or wednesday. I'm suddenly really interested for some reason. The one thing I'm worried about though is environment variety and the whole O2 thing. Is it just going to be rocky/moonbase areas? I haven't seen much else, and I loved how much variety we got in BL2. And how does O2 work? Last I heard it ticked down when you weren't inside, and you suffocated if you ran out. Is that not how is works? Because that doesn't sound fun.

SerTapTap

Thanks for the skill calc link. MY actual build depends on how effective some of these turn out to be, but this is my current plan, basically straight elemental DOT build, and trying out a bit of that melee tree but not too much. Shield sounds cool and I don't usually melee in BL, so maybe I'll end up in that tree instead. Neither seem to compliment the elemental tree that much though. Mostly picked melee because that movement speed boost sounds delightful, and any form of self-heal is potentially good.

BouncyFrag

"That wizard came from the moon" was a line in the Destiny beta, that due to it's nonsensical structure and the voice actor's unenthusiastic performance, sorta kinda became a meme. The t-shirt Bungie made with that line printed on it seems to have completely sold out lol
I'm remember going WAT? when that happened in the beta. I was actually a little worried since I figured that any wizard who shows up in my sci-fi shoot bang future game must be a total badass. I love the humor in Borderlands. So the ng+ is a Tiny Tina version?

nubbe

I might be getting this on Tuesday or wednesday. I'm suddenly really interested for some reason. The one thing I'm worried about though is environment variety and the whole O2 thing. Is it just going to be rocky/moonbase areas? I haven't seen much else, and I loved how much variety we got in BL2. And how does O2 work? Last I heard it ticked down when you weren't inside, and you suffocated if you ran out. Is that not how is works? Because that doesn't sound fun.

O2 is more designed as a powerup than a shithole feature
and Claptrap don't need O2 since he is a droid

Top Bottom