• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boris J. threatens Italy: Give us access to EU market or you'll sell less prosseco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo Calenda, an Italian economics minister, said it was insulting that Johnson had told him during a recent meeting that Italy would grant Britain access to the EU’s single market “because you don’t want to lose prosecco exports”.

“He basically said: ‘I don’t want free movement of people but I want the single market,’” he told Bloomberg. “I said: ‘No way.’ He said: ‘You’ll sell less prosecco.’ I said: ‘OK, you’ll sell less fish and chips, but I’ll sell less prosecco to one country and you’ll sell less to 27 countries.’ Putting things on this level is a bit insulting.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ministers-boris-johnson-prosecco-claim-brexit

To think that this guy was once the major of a town like London....

Trickster

He said: ‘You’ll sell less prosecco.’ I said: ‘OK, you’ll sell less fish and chips, but I’ll sell less prosecco to one country and you’ll sell less to 27 countries.’

Lmao, get shit on Boris

Danneee

Haha thats awesome.

But what's up with these socially inept people getting top government positions nowadays?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The reality is that British people will just pay more for prosecco. And champagne. And good wine. And cars. And pretty much everything.

Theresa May put Boris as our foreign relations dude. Who has pretty bad history on that front. So this is not surprising, he's a dumb dumb.

Xando

2 months from now: "UK government blames migrants and EU for higher Prosecco prices, claims has nothing to do with Brexit."

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Cant wait to see "tobleroned" Cars.

The tricycle cars will make a strong comeback.

5d4fee5303ffc92c34335010dcbf9c66.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Boris is a complete nincomfuckingpoop.

Italy is actually one of the few allies the UK has in regards to a soft Brexit. The country is seen as having somewhat of a potentially mediating role, unlike France.

Madness

There could have been hope for Britain to come out stronger and secure an economic future for them free of the EU once they picked Brexit as what they wanted, but not with guys like this at the helm. Wtf. What kind of negotiations are these? Get the top economists and tradespeople form the UK discussing with several countries. Britain does not have the upper hand right now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Christ.

In response, Michael Gove, the former cabinet minister and leading Brexit campaigner, pressed for the UK to achieve a “quickie divorce” with the EU regardless of the economic consequences, as he raised concerns that civil servants were overcomplicating the process.

The former justice secretary, who led the Vote Leave campaign with Johnson, questioned why the UK could not just leave the EU without having settled its future relationship with the bloc after having sorted out “housekeeping” related to outstanding payments.

“Can we simplify?” Gove said. “What if I were to determine to simply leave the European Union, to trigger article 50 and to conclude the bare minimum in order to leave? What would article 50 actually require me to agree?

“For the purposes of this question, I am not worried about transitional arrangements, I am prepared to take the economic hit or to secure the economic benefits of not being inside the single market and being outside the customs union. I simply want the divorce on the quickest possible terms. What do I need in that quickie divorce?”
2dJYiuh.gif

jelly

Dodged a nuke when Gove didn't get the top job. What an idiot who cares for absolutely nobody. Sounds like a lunatic.

Dabanton

Haha in Private Eye they went a little deeper into that story apparently his wife the utterly odious Sarah Vine came home and found him attempting it. She was upset at first as she thought it was a weird sexual fetish he had.He then told her what he was trying to do.

Quite why either of them would share that story to anyone boggles the mind.

Jeels

How does your foreign security talk to other countries with such disrespect and lack of understanding...?

Ac30

Of course he wants to export cake and eat it too.

They really still think the EU is going to budge on the pillars?

1452787848-reliant.gif

I know they modded it to roll, but still stands :p

At first I didn't want to believe it when someone told me that car was manufactured by a company named "Reliant".

Retsudo

Yeah...Things will go well for the UK if this how they deal with ministers from other countries. When alcohol triples in price, i guess people take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom