• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bounty Hounds (PSP) new pics

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm finding myself more and more out of touch with what many GAFFERs think about screenshots in these threads.

GAF can be too binary now. Often, either something is MGS4 levels of awesome, or it looks like crap. No sense of range.

Anyway, before that thought struck me, I was about to say I thought these shots looked good at the very least.

Looks great where it counts (the characters and enemies), given the style of game. Suddenly we're supposed to have lush, detailed environments in Dynasty Warriors-style games or they're "OMG HORRIBLE"? On a portable, no less?

Great DS game screenshots, though. They really add to the thread.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
FF3 actually looks kinda nice, though in the end, it still looks like a high-end PSX game. Bounty Hounds just happens to look like a low-end PS2 game.

The fact that people are comparing the best example of 3D on the DS from a major developer to something as generic and ugly as Bounty Hounds on PSP speaks volumes. ;)

edit - BH really isn't bad looking at all in motion. The animation is pretty good. I noticed that they threw in the text "switch weapons in realtime"...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow, looks a lot better than before and I can't really see why someone would complain about graphics like that on a handheld. Maybe artwise then. ;)
Anyway, I remember playing this game at E3 '05, but it was rather empty and dull, seems like they've added a fair amount of enemies now. Conceptually though, it sounded interesting back then. Can't recall whether or not it's multiplayer as well, but it sure looks suitable for it. Maybe even online, although that's hoping for too much I guess.

Looks a lot better than previous screens, but the environments are non-existant.

Wonder if the AI has been tweaked yet so the aliens or whatever do more than just stand there, waiting to be slain.

With the long development time, it could be a surprise hit. God knows Namco's had good luck on the PSP.

But i certainly wouldn't quote this game in a "DS vs PSP" battle thread.

bluemax

Banned
A big thing for me is going to be camera control. Of the 3d action and platformer games I've played on PSP none have had very good cameras or control over the camera. If this game has a good camera, and a nice combat system then it should at least be decent to play.

Top Bottom