• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brad Sams: Pre-COVID Series X Would've Launched in August, Lockhart in October.

martino

i'm wondering what would happen if you launch a sytem next month of its conference
Would it be surfing the hype vawe at its best or not ?

Roufianos

Pretty laughable idea, unless they deliberately wanted to come out with a whimper. You need Fifa, AC etc to launch with the console, Halo in itself isn't enough.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
It is. 100% certain.
Pretty sure forza is a launch game
No its not. They are completely changing everything including the engine. Game testing started in December last year. Also they are expanding their team for that.
Also,
EZ7U5QIXYAAzAjQ
I think we may get a racing game from these guys at launch.
Although, I dont agree with Klobrille regarding Horizon before Motorsport. The new Forzatech is for next gen, and Horizon will also use that.
Forza Motorsport 8 - 2021
Forza Horizon 5 - 2022

Last edited:
Im not sure I believe that, even pre-covid. I’d say around the end of October or November but at least if they have been pushed back they will have had a lot more time to refine things and get them ready for whatever the new launch date is.

ouft the tag under my name, rip for being able to have any normal discussion now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
They might have been, but neither have ever released in Aug. Late Sept is really the earliest I would expect either of those games.

If anything COVID should have helped them push up summer plans, as people have nowhere to go and nothing to do this year for summer vacation.
Do you think it makes sense for Microsoft to release a console without a launch lineup? That was never going to happen. If they really planned to release it in August it would've had games.

This is great to see. MS should have a fairly priced box to get good sales.
I think they will this time. They knew that last time the price was the critical selling point, everything else they did wrong on top of that just added to their misery.

The 360 launched with very few games in 2005. It would allow them to build up a lead of a few million then build momentum into the holidays.

Well first of all were talking 2 to 3 months early vs a whole year.....

The 360 was lighting in a bottle the thirst for next gen from ps2 and og xbox was alot more than it is now graphics no matter how hard phill wants to spin it wont be that big of a jump at least for the first year and a half. Xbox live on the 360 was revolutionary and there were alot of games that were 360 only. This is not the case for the xsx Xbox live and online gaming is not new anymore and the few games you speak of would also be releasing on the x1x / pc there is literally no reason to make that jump so an early release would honestly fall flat for them in my opinion.

Last edited:

McHuj

Would have been really cool if it came early. One thing that's missing here is when was the original plan to launch in August concieved? 3 years ago, 2 years, last year? It seems to me that would have been a nice plan that could have changed even pre-covid due to schedule slips. I don't discount this rumor. It's one of the things that MS can do to try to regain market share: be priced competively, release earlier, and/or be more powerful (outside of the obvious of getting better software support).

Also, just because they said Holiday 2020, doesn't preclude them from moving the schedule up if they can meet it. Who would complain? What kind of loser would complain that MS moved up a console launch if they could.

I'm still hoping we get at least one of PS5/XSX in October. But at this point, I think getting the software done in time is a bigger issue.

the_master

I doubt anyone would "ever" release a console in August. Not even big games launch in august. Needs to launch near holidays so the news, the adds, the hype all combine and lead up to people and parents splurging.

Top Bottom