• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phasmophobia PS5 & Xbox Launch Delayed After Fire at Kinetic Offices

Draugoth

Gold Member
Phasmophobia-console-delay.jpg

Kinetic Games has announced a Phasmophobia console delay that will see its multiplayer horror hit arriving in early access for PlayStation 5 (PS5), PSVR 2, and Xbox Series X | S a few months later than expected. The original plan was for Phasmophobia on consoles to be released before August came to an end. However, following a fire at the Kinetic offices as well as “unpredicted development issues,” the studio has decided to push its console launch to the week leading up to this Halloween. It’s a tough but completely reasonable delay that the company took the time to address in a post on X.

“After careful consideration we have made the tough decision to delay the console release, initially set for August, while we get everything sorted,” Kinetic said. “We are now aiming for a special launch during the week leading up to Halloween this October. This gives us the needed time to perfect and fine-tune everything. Your patience and understanding mean everything to us, and we can’t wait to bring Phasmophobia to consoles.”

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hope no one was hurt, game delays a couple of weeks are no biggie these days.

Hugare

I did not know this was actually coming to consoles. The delay sucks, but I am glad it's coming.
Yeah, me neither

I almost bought it on Steam, but wouldnt have as many friends to play with as I'll have on my PS5

This month is already too packed, so the delay will be beneficial anyway

Top Bottom