• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brand new MGS4 Trailer at Games Convention

Blablurn

Der legendäre Schöpfer von Metal Gear Solid besucht die GC und zeigt eine spielbare Version von METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH gibt bekannt, dass Hideo Kojima, Leiter des Kojima Productions Studios und Schöpfer von METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS, zur diesjährigen Games Convention nach Leipzig kommt und dort eine spielbare Version von Solid Snakes jüngstem Abenteuer zeigt.

Schon jetzt ist das Interesse an METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS immens und steigt weiter von Tag zu Tag. Bei Konami in Halle 4, Stand B11 präsentiert Kojima während der GC eine aktuelle Version des Spiels. Damit wird MGS4 erstmals in Europa in spielbarer Form gezeigt. Hideo Kojima wird diese Vorführung zudem nutzen, um einige Geheimnisse beim Gameplay aufzudecken und wichtige Neuerungen im Metal Gear Universum zu erklären. Besucher der Games Convention kommen auch in den Genuss eines brandneuen Trailers zum Spiel, den Kojima nutzen wird, um einige entscheidende Ereignisse im Spiel zu präsentieren und Neuigkeiten zu kommenden Metal Gear Projekten von Kojima Productions vorzustellen.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS wird Anfang 2008 weltweit gleichzeitig erscheinen. Der Titel spielt in einer von kriegerischen Auseinandersetzungen beherrschten Zukunft, in der gewaltige Konzerne unter Einsatz von Privatarmeen und Söldnertruppen um die Vorherrschaft kämpfen. Dieses kriegsgeplagte Szenario erleben die Spieler durch die Augen eines gealterten Solid Snake, der zahlreiche, über die Welt verstreute Orte – unter anderem im Mittleren Osten und Südamerika – infiltrieren muss.

„Als ich das letzte Mal in Leipzig war, versprach ich allen Fans von Metal Gear Solid, sie würden bei meinem nächsten Besuch eine spielbare Version von MGS4 sehen können. Um diesen großen Moment zu feiern, werde ich außerdem noch einen ganz besonderen Gast mitbringen“, so Hideo Kojima, Director von Kojima Productions. „Ich liebe die große Begeisterung der europäischen Gamer für unsere Titel und freue mich bereits sehr darauf, METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS beim wichtigsten europäischen Games-Event des Jahres zeigen zu können.“

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS erscheint für PLAYSTATION®3 Anfang 2008 und wird während der Games Convention 2007 in Leipzig zwischen dem 22. und 26. August gezeigt.

http://de.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=295

- Hideo Kojima visits Leipzig.
- He shows playable material of MGS4
- The text is talking about a brandnew Trailer.

MoeB

Luckily i speak German. To summarize that article: It says that there will be a brand new MGS4 Trailer at the Leipzig Games Convention.

bud

„Als ich das letzte Mal in Leipzig war, versprach ich allen Fans von Metal Gear Solid, sie würden bei meinem nächsten Besuch eine spielbare Version von MGS4 sehen können. Um diesen großen Moment zu feiern, werde ich außerdem noch einen ganz besonderen Gast mitbringen“, so Hideo Kojima, Director von Kojima Productions. „Ich liebe die große Begeisterung der europäischen Gamer für unsere Titel und freue mich bereits sehr darauf, METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS beim wichtigsten europäischen Games-Event des Jahres zeigen zu können.“

special guest? who could this be.

Elios83

Cool, with rumors about new games to be premiered at the event (like the next gen Tomb Raider), Games Convention could be bigger than we thought.
BTW gamefront is reporting that Sony will have their conference on 22 August at 18 PM, maybe the new MGS4 trailer (which will probably be an extended version of the E3 trailer) will be there.

Yoboman

I would be happy if they showed an extended 5 more minutes of gameplay directly after when the last gameplay trailer finished.

Grayman

Not this trailer specifically but I wonder if any of them will show the other locations to be in the game. It was supposed to span a handful of places around the world but I wonder if they will be kept an MGS2 style secret or shown outright ahead of time.

Yoboman

Grayman said:
Not this trailer specifically but I wonder if any of them will show the other locations to be in the game. It was supposed to span a handful of places around the world but I wonder if they will be kept an MGS2 style secret or shown outright ahead of time.
They showed a South American location in the Vamp fight, and supposedly the team was saddened that nobody noticed it was different :lol

C.T.

bud said:
dude, you're german, i need a full translation asap.

what does the quoted part say?

Playable version shown in europe for the first time. Kojima will reveal some gameplay secrets. The new trailer will highlight special moments and reveal upcoming Kojima Production projects. Generell discription of MGS 4, simultaneous release early 2008.

Kojima quote: "last time attending GC I promised all MGS fans they would see a playable version of MGS 4 for my next journey to Germany. To celebrate this big moment a "special guest" is accompaning me. I'm loving the huge excitement of european gamers for our products and am looking forward to show MGS 4 at europes most important event."

Yoboman

I was just thinking if they're going with multiple languages in MGS4, it would be great to have a multi-lingual track where Russian soldiers speak Russian, South American ones speak Spanish, the Arabic soldiers speak Arabic etc. and whatever else for what the other soldiers may be

Darji

Banned
Yoboman said:
They showed a South American location in the Vamp fight, and supposedly the team was saddened that nobody noticed it was different :lol
they really did? WOW the only difference i could see was that th whole graphics looked greener^^

Anyway I hope to see new locations

Yoboman

Darji said:
they really did? WOW the only difference i could see was that th whole graphics looked greener^^

Anyway I hope to see new locations
Well if they were expecting people to notice a difference, the environment probably is different - you just couldn't tell within one street

AAK

Are they gonna hold exhibitions every month?

July - E3 trailer and 20th Anniversary Demo.

August - LGC Trailer and Demo

September - TGS stuff,

E4 - ???

itsgreen

Ok this whole MGS trailer thing is getting really old , really fast...

How many fckn trailers are they going to do before the fricking game launches?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
itsgreen said:

Yeah that 15 minute demo of gameplay sucked too!

rakka

itsgreen said:

Then what do you want?

No trailers?

Yoboman

beelzebozo said:
i'll be pretty impressed if they can keep this level of information and exposure up for 6+ months to release
We probably won't see much at all, except a demo maybe after TGS until release

S. L. said:
i'm pretty sure mgs1 was fully localized in germany
not sure about 2 and 3

From Wikipedia:
Some countries in the PAL region received a version of the game dubbed into their language, including Spanish, German, French and Italian. Most PAL versions feature an "Extreme" mode which introduces restrictions such as extended guard vision.[17] A premium package was released in Japan and the PAL region.[50][51]

Damn, you are right! Must. Have. German. MGS1!!!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
itsgreen said:

Why? The trailers are highly entertaining and a part of the pre-release MGS hype. Trailers have always been important to the series, in my opinion. It really pumps me up for the game.

itsgreen

rakka said:
Then what do you want?

No trailers?

Trailers are fine, but are they really gonna show something different this time?

Yes it looks impressive, and snake does have nice looking ass, but do something new. Every 2 weeks another trailer... the gameplay thing was great though, show more gameplay less cinematics...

itsgreen said:
Trailers are fine, but are they really gonna show something different this time?

Yes it looks impressive, and snake does have nice looking ass, but do something new. Every 2 weeks another trailer... the gameplay thing was great though, show more gameplay less cinematics...

Despite the amount of trailers they've shown, they've actually shown very little of the game.

C.T.

the german localisation of MG1 was craptastically bad. 2-3 persons voiced everyone in a amateurish way.

Mugen

Banned
itsgreen said:

Ugh, the game is due out in 2008, so it's long wait regardless of whether they show trailers or not. I'd rather watch trailers then watch nothing.

S. L.

C.T. said:
the german localisation of MG1 was craptastically bad. 2-3 persons voiced everyone in a amateurish way.
imports ahoy!
mgs1 was one of the first games i imported i think

fmcato

MGS was dubbed to Spanish by professional voice actors. But the rest weren't and won't be dubbed beyond English, cause the localisation process would take too long for Europe. Only translated subtitles, at least for Spain.

Busty

Banned
Elios83 said:
Cool, with rumors about new games to be premiered at the event (like the next gen Tomb Raider), Games Convention could be bigger than we thought.
BTW gamefront is reporting that Sony will have their conference on 22 August at 18 PM, maybe the new MGS4 trailer (which will probably be an extended version of the E3 trailer) will be there.

Will Sony have their own E3 style press conference at Leipzig this year?

While it may not be streamed like their usual E3 offerings I wonder if they will perhaps offer it at a later date like they did with the LBP and HOME unveiling at GDC this year?

I knew that Leipzig would be a lot bigger this year but I didn't think that it would actually have desgins to trying to fill E3's boots.

This pleases me.

Top Bottom