• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

brand new Uncharted 4 trailer at the Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Iacobellis

So... Sony went from not advertising their games, to now showing them during one of the biggest movies in the last decade.

Wow.

Ditto, was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. But I did see the Supes V Batman trailer I forgot to watch online. It amazes me how much worse it looks every time they show some more of it.

Edit: Oh! There was a clash of clans commercial before hand with Cristolph Waltz that was actually pretty good. But that man can make anything interesting.

Gonna have to close my eyes for this. They've showed too much on this game imo.

Think I'm done with preview footage too.
Will avoid this trailer like the plague as I've seen enough to know this game will be amazing.

Anyone else feel like ND might be going overboard with exposure UC3 style now?
Though it's very smart of them to advertise U4 with Star Wars!

Think I'm done with preview footage too.
Will avoid this trailer like the plague as I've seen enough to know this game will be amazing.

Anyone else feel like ND might be going overboard with exposure UC3 style now?
Though it's very smart of them to advertise U4 with Star Wars!
I still feel like we've seen very little haha.

sjay1994

Gonna have to close my eyes for this. They've showed too much on this game imo.

Have they?

Because they've only shown the island, the car chase, Nadine and dialouge options, and I don't think that's very much.

Where as uncharted 3 practically showed every major setpiece.

Did anyone got to see the trailer? Sony should at least release list of theaters where it will be shown. Seems like it is in very few theaters?

barit

Ditto, was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. But I did see the Supes V Batman trailer I forgot to watch online. It amazes me how much worse it looks every time they show some more of it.

Edit: Oh! There was a clash of clans commercial before hand with Cristolph Waltz that was actually pretty good. But that man can make anything interesting.

What? That's pretty big news right here. New thread? Just kidding but would be awesome if someone like Mr.Waltz gets casted for the next ND game
TLOU2?
. Was always a fan of Waltz even way before he became famous with Inglourious Bastards. Just let Neil's charm do the work and he will sign in a heartbeat I guess ;)

Raylan

Banned
Brand new Uncharted 4 trailer

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/677626500590518272

cwdpthpwiaelh6x4vsk1.jpg

So awesome!

Exactly what Nate deserves, for his last ride.

This was my first thought too. They must have a huge marketing budget for this game if they're putting a trailer before Star Wars. I expect it'll be their biggest marketing spend ever.

It's expected though. This will be the last Uncharted game under direction of its creator. The next game either a reboot or a sequel/prequel may not have big impact and Sony need to rethink about how to make the franchise fresh again.

Most likely will outsell Halo 5 LT in one week WW.

I'm counting on it, as I have an avatar bet with Statham.

I mean, I think it will sell really well, undoubtedly be the best-seller in the Uncharted series and unquestionably the biggest first party PS4 release to date, but you think it will sell more than Halo 5's total up to that point (so, about six months?) in one week?! Even if Halo 5 has slipped a lot from its heyday, that's still going to be probably ~5 million units. I couldn't get behind a prediction like that.

Ricky_R

It's only logical for Sony to allocate a great deal of money to Uncharted 4's advertising. It's not only already a big enough franchise to merit it, but it will set the pace for next year's incredible line up.

Sony is in a great position for 2016.

zsynqx

I mean, I think it will sell really well, undoubtedly be the best-seller in the Uncharted series and unquestionably the biggest first party PS4 release to date, but you think it will sell more than Halo 5's total up to that point (so, about six months?) in one week?! Even if Halo 5 has slipped a lot from its heyday, that's still going to be probably ~5 million units. I couldn't get behind a prediction like that.

Yer, in 1 week sounds pretty nuts. I have a really hard time believing that.

eso76

I still feel like we've seen very little haha.

If they're aiming for the same amount of content as uncharted 2 and 3 then yes we've seen very little.

A 20 hrs game with the production values shown in trailers thus far sounds incredible, has ND said anything about length ?

If they're aiming for the same amount of content as uncharted 2 and 3 then yes we've seen very little.

A 20 hrs game with the production values shown in trailers thus far sounds incredible, has ND said anything about length ?

They said it's going to be the longest Uncharted, but 20h sounds doubtful. I'm thinking 12h, versus the ~8h of UC2.

Edit: Of course, there's going to be some extra replayability thanks to those alternate paths they mentioned.

They said it's going to be the longest Uncharted, but 20h sounds doubtful. I'm thinking 12h, versus the ~8h of UC2.

Edit: Of course, there's going to be some extra replayability thanks to those alternate paths they mentioned.

Alternate paths meant different cutscenes right? Level design is probably the same.

Soriku

U2 took me 12-13. I tried collecting stuff though. Still missed a lot. But it depends how you play.

Alternate paths meant different cutscenes right? Level design is probably the same.

No. Why would there be different cutscenes?

They've already stated in some interviews that there will be alternate paths that'll lead to a common area, so one path can involve a lot of platforming and the other can have enemies on it, plus some dead-ends with treasure on them.

No. Why would there be different cutscenes?

They've already stated in some interviews that there will be alternate paths that'll lead to a common area, so one path can involve a lot of platforming and the other can have enemies in it, plus some dead-ends with treasure on them.

Ah, I misunderstood your post. I thought you talked about dialogue options

Skux

Damn, all we got here in NZ was Captain America and Batman v Superman stuff, which has been out for ages online already.

Alo0oy

Banned

Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million on day 1, Halo 5 would have a hard time hitting that number by the time UC4 launches, that's assuming UC4 shows absolutely no growth at all.

I wonder if they open with "From the creators of The Last of Us".

They won't need to? Uncharted 3 sold significantly better and faster than TLOU. That would be like sticking "from the creator of Zone of the Enders" in Kojima's next game.

Top Bottom