• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Primus

Had enough gems for 2 summons, got a crappy "slight boost to critical rate" elgift.

However, I did get an Anima 5* Nadore, so it was all worthwhile.

I did it with what I had left and got two Elgifts. Got a Tazer as well.

Not sure who I should use the Elgifts on. I probably will save one for Chrome when I get one but the other one is the big question.

Also, I really am enjoying Shera as a Leader, lol. Getting that BB bar filled up quick.

What were the elgifts you got? Anything particularly OP?

Shouta

What were the elgifts you got? Anything particularly OP?

I got two 3 star ones but you can't tell what it gives you until you fuse it right? I don't know what unit to use one on yet lol. Maybe I should just do Selena because she was my starter lol.

Primus

I got two 3 star ones but you can't tell what it gives you until you fuse it right? I don't know what unit to use one on yet lol. Maybe I should just do Selena because she was my starter lol.

If you view the elgift in the View Unit screen, it'll tell you what it does.

Shouta

If you view the elgift in the View Unit screen, it'll tell you what it does.

I don't see anything on that screen. That's the first thing I checked, lol

Edit: I had to refresh the data to get it to show up properly.

I got Boosts DEF when BB Gauge is Full and Low Probability of inflicting weak when attacking.

Booty.

Right I summoned two, got Dia and Rhoa, (no dupes!). The Elgif was a 4-star Divine Wisdom: Boost Atk, Rec, Def, when BB Gauge is 50% full. It seems fine, dunno who I'm going to put it on though.

J0dy77

Decided to give BF a try again. I downloaded it when it first launched and never got into it, this time around I'm enjoying it much more. Does anyone have a good newbie guide to link? I'm definitely disappointed that I joined the 2nd Anniversary party late, I won't be able to get the 30 day free character.

The game isn't that complicated. The most important advice would be to try and get a mitigator. This includes units like Elimo, Shera, Zeldeus, Krantz, Dolk, Aaron and Edea. Mitigators are very important for clearing high-end content like Trials and GGCs.

For guides to content and question I generally use r/bravefrontier on reddit. They also have a daily Q & A thread for any questions about squad building and such.

MicH

The new bundles aren't that great. Their monthly bundles are only slightly worse than these, but they're obviously still better than outright buying gems when there are no deals

I've never had zel problems before, but I've heard Lem > Bridge of Despair > Messenger of Despair gives pretty good zel. There's also Mirvana > Tower of the Gods > The Rainbow Battlefield. Additional sources of zel are running the Mega Jewel Parade for 5 jewel keys and the medal slots (because most of the time you will get jewel kings/gods).

I pulled Savia from the Divine Summon, and I really have to wonder WTF she is good for. Her buffs seems so minimal, a small spark vulnerability buff and a buff to attack don't seem worth a slot in this day and age. Of course she's CA fodder, but she's definitely on my low priority list for evolving.

I never thought I'd be salty over God Gate. Nice job Gumi.

This anniversary has really big eff you to anyone whos played the game for an extended period of time.

I think Challenger Arena has been giving me trauma. Sometimes when I go into regular arena, I subconsciously expect to see a big red OPPONENT FIRST STRIKE pop up.

I mean, I'm having a lot of fun. The only complaint I have is that I had to make another facebook account so I could change my free unit, because against all odds I managed to roll a Charis when I was trying to summon for Charla/Krantz.

I mean, I'm having a lot of fun. The only complaint I have is that I had to make another facebook account so I could change my free unit, because against all odds I managed to roll a Charis when I was trying to summon for Charla/Krantz.

This free unit thing is going to be a complete cluster fuck. I see now way it will not be an unmitigated disaster. I've already had to change my free unit 3 times (so...created 2 dummy accounts) and I really have no idea what unit is in there....because there is no way to check.

I can't wait for the salt.

Primus

From one login campaign to another, we now have a Christmas campaign running from today (12/15) through 1/13/2016. Here's the list of giveaways:

Day 1: Crystal Set
Day 2: 3 Burst Frog
Day 3: Imp Set
Day 4: 2 Crystal Set
Day 5: 1 Gem
Day 6: 2 Burst Frogs
Day 7: 1 Gem
Day 8: 2 Arton
Day 9: 1 Gem
Day 10: Sphere Frog
Day 11: Elgif
Day 12: 120 Medals
Day 13: Gem
Day 14: 2 Crescent Dew
Day 15: 2 Gem
Day 16: 1200 AP
Day 17: 2 Gems
Day 18: Legend Stone
Day 19: 2 Gem
Day 20: 3 Arton
Day 21: 180 Medal
Day 22: 2 Gem
Day 23: 3 Burst Frog
Day 24: 2 Gem
Day 25: 1800 AP
Day 26: 2 Gem
Day 27: 3 Crystal Set
Day 28: 2 Gem
Day 29: 3 Crescent Dew
Day 30: 2 Gem

So we're talking 6 full sets of Crystals, 8 Burst Frogs and one Sphere Frog, 1 full Imp set, 5 Artons, 5 Crescent Dews, 1 Legend Stone, 300 Medals, 3000 AP, 20 Gems and an Elgif. Be interesting to see if the Elgif is truly random.

Also, JPBF just got 7* versions of Phoenix, Mega, Sodis and Zephyr today.

Primus

The Deemo dungeon is back in the Vortex, along with the new Dark Deemo dungeon. Both Deemos can now be upgraded to 6* as well.

6* OG Deemo gets some decent spark buffing (both damage and BB gauge), with a bonus of a HoT on their BB. 6* Dark Deemo also spark buffs, adding probable ATK reduction on BB and probable Spark vulnerability on SBB.

J0dy77

Serious question. I'm about a month into the game and I'm wondering where is the depth/challenge? I've basically been playing the game on full auto mode since with the 2nd year anniversary and now the Xmas events leveling, leveling cards and content has been really easy. Any of the content that I've been unable to handle really just seems like it's because I dont have the level to support the necessary team cost yet.

I'm fine with grinding away to catch up to the end game and playing catch up. But do I ever really need to start thinking and planning? I really like the artwork, have always liked the PAD stamina mechanic and the gameplay seems like it could have a lot of potential, just not sure if I'm missing something.

MicH

Have you completed Frontier Gate or the Grand Gaia Chronicles? They're probably the hardest content we have right now

J0dy77

Have you completed Frontier Gate or the Grand Gaia Chronicles? They're probably the hardest content we have right now

I've completed a handful of the Grand Gaia Chronicles but haven't tried the frontier gate. I'll try and work on those I guess. Just a very different experience from the slow and rewarding climb I've had with PAD over the years. I already have three seven star max level and skill cards with Avant, Bestie and Oguro while Tidus, Zedus, Ruby and Nadore are just waiting for the team cost. Will I just end up auto playing everything when those are maxed?

MicH

The last five floors if Frontier Gate are incredibly hard and definitely not autobattle friendly. The newer GGCs are also quite hard.

How many trials have you done? You can't autobattle the harder ones at all. In a lot of them you have to count turns to survive

J0dy77

Trials are where most of the challenge lies IMO.

Started on trials for the the first time yesterday and things really amped up on floor 4. I was able to SSS rank but it was a grind. That was a lot of fun. Hoping there is a lot more of that.

P.s. When you coming back to the pad thread, mich and boss? :)

Primus

Reddit's got spoilers on the new global exclusive unit for Christmas, Zeruiah. She's a monster.

Leader Skill: Regalia of Mazzaroth
12% boost to EXP received, greatly boosts BC, HC, Zel, Karma and Item drop rate & greatly boosts BB gauge fill rate

Extra Skill: Mythic Sovereign
Probable HP recovery when attacked & probable 25% damage reduction

Brave Burst: Requiem of the Fae
30 combo powerful Water and Earth attack on all enemies, greatly recovers HP, removes all status ailments & greatly boosts BC, HC drop rate for 3 turns

Super Brave Burst: Ancient of Days
40 combo powerful Water and Earth attack on all enemies, fills own BB gauge to max, greatly boosts BC, HC and Item drop rate for 3 turns & adds all elements to allies' attack for 2 turns

Ultra Brave Burst: Memory of Hanukkah
75% damage reduction for 3 turns, greatly boosts max HP, enormously boosts Def relative to Rec & enormously boosts BC, HC and Item drop rate for 3 turns

Zelnite + Shida + Mitigation + Infinite SBB = Gumi getting a lot of money from people for gems for the Christmas summon.

broz0rs

and to think I was going to roll on the current Divine Gate. I'm going for Zeruiah

in hindsight, if i didn't have Hadaron or Tridon, I would have chose either of those as my free unit considering Global units have such longevity. Avant and Chrome are going to get replaced a lot sooner than Global units.

J0dy77

They do a 10+1 with a guaranteed Zeruiah? Yeah, I'm diverting my Steam Holiday Sale money for that.

If it's not guaranteed, though, forget it. Not interested in possibly getting a Nick.

It looks like they have a 5+1 for a frosty summon chance? Does that mean your guaranteed to get her? Is she really that strong?

It looks like they have a 5+1 for a frosty summon chance? Does that mean your guaranteed to get her? Is she really that strong?

You aren't guaranteed to get her and I really don't suggest rolling. I did 16 pulls and got utter shit because I hate myself.

5 summons gets you a 'chance' at the frosty gate, which includes the global exclusives. There are 15/17 of them. So 30 gems at a chance of deer chick.

This is such a shit move by Gumi and I'm not glad I have no more gems left to spend.

Is she really that strong? Yeah...she's pretty OP.

broz0rs

I got Lord Reindeer in my third Frosty Summon. I knew going in this was going to be a huge gem sink, but she's too powerful to pass up. I still don't know what a frosty summon is, but I believe it's just the pool is reduced to only global units? I was also thinking it's a gate from tears frozen up by Gumi's cold heart.

edit: Just saw reddit. Don't ever remember seeing so much outrage lol

J0dy77

You aren't guaranteed to get her and I really don't suggest rolling. I did 16 pulls and got utter shit because I hate myself.

5 summons gets you a 'chance' at the frosty gate, which includes the global exclusives. There are 15/17 of them. So 30 gems at a chance of deer chick.

This is such a shit move by Gumi and I'm not glad I have no more gems left to spend.

Is she really that strong? Yeah...she's pretty OP.

Yeah I'm not going to chase this one. I saw the rage over on reddit. People are not happy.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I tried it twice.

First pull I got 5* Elulu (whom I already JUST evolved to 6* for shits and giggles). (promptly traded because no room for doubles)

Second pull I got Quaid.

After that I thought that was enough for my F2P ass.

J0dy77

How's this 7 gem arena batch, worth pulling a bunch? I pulled twice and got savia both times (this seems to happen way too much). I already have avant, raghan and Bestie. Not sure if I should keep going.

I'm almost done with Global. Since the anniversery 'event' of shit, everything has been just money grab after money grab?

7 gem gate? Fuck off. I'd only use tickets on it and it really depends how many units you have from the pool.

I'm moving my wallet and time to EU. Seems less shitty over there. Plus the new exclusives are stupid OP.

Tried two pulls for that reindeer unit and got dupes. Whelp, I guess it ain't happening. Why did they make it a limited time instead of just adding it to the rare summon pool? What is a frosty summon anyway? Are you guaranteed to get her on the 5th pull?
I saw the 7 gem gate summon and you gotta be kidding me.

I've been raiding for Shusui's hair and it doesn't drop. That encounter is pretty hard, and when I'm one of the lowest damage groups to finish, I get expelled. At least I wasn't leeching.

Wished I had a Haile now. Even when I follow on what to do, Shusui would do Expression of Anger and Empty Seal. Only Tridon consistently survives Empty Seal.

So that's why Noah is set as leader. His sbb has a chance to damage Shusui's max hp by 10%.

Tried two pulls for that reindeer unit and got dupes. Whelp, I guess it ain't happening. Why did they make it a limited time instead of just adding it to the rare summon pool? What is a frosty summon anyway? Are you guaranteed to get her on the 5th pull?
I saw the 7 gem gate summon and you gotta be kidding me.

You aren't guaranteed to get her at all. She has increased rates in the normal gate + Frosty gate.

Frosty gate is just from the pool of exclusives, so you have a higher chance of getting her from there. Or you get 5 Zenia's like me.

25 pulls trying to get OP Deer and came away with literal shit. I'm done with Global for a while.

Primus

I got the deer in three pulls! So excited! Also managed to get Reud in those three pulls. Awesome!

My envy burns like the heat of a thousand Ultors.

EDIT: Had enough gems stored after today's gift and Brave Rewards to go for the moose.

Failed utterly. 2 Liberas (that makes 4 so far), a freaking Carrol, a god damn Jack, and a Zergel. Whoopty damn doo. Frosty Summon was a Hadaron, which has mitigated my salt slightly.

Slightly.

Top Bottom