• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

broz0rs

Not sure when this happened, but the typing of the Halloween spheres changed so you can now equip them as secondary spheres. It makes them even more useful in Arena.

MicH

Anyone got odds on if Gumi actually gets us our units of choice today? I'm thinking nope.
Haha, yeah I don't think it's happening. Not that it's surprising as it is Gumi we're talking about. We've waited almost two months to get our unit of choice, they closed the submission form weeks ago and still can't get it done on time

Primus

Haha, yeah I don't think it's happening. Not that it's surprising as it is Gumi we're talking about. We've waited almost two months to get our unit of choice, they closed the submission form weeks ago and still can't get it done on time

I look forward to my Arton compensation.

Damn moose.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm afraid to even summon anything now out of fear of getting my UoC (Deimos) at the gate, haha.

Though, I did change it twice, so they'll probably fuck up and give me my first choice which was Reeze.

Primus

It looks like about 30 minutes ago UoCs finally started going out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order. I haven't gotten my Tridon yet.

EDIT: Some Reddit folks that changed their UoC are reporting that they're getting their original choice and not the changes, and no one's gotten the Summon Ticket compensation.

Gumi continues to Gumi.

EDIT 2: Summon Tickets seem to be showing up for folks now. I am still Tridon-less.

MicH

It looks like about 30 minutes ago UoCs finally started going out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order. I haven't gotten my Tridon yet.

EDIT: Some Reddit folks that changed their UoC are reporting that they're getting their original choice and not the changes, and no one's gotten the Summon Ticket compensation.

Gumi continues to Gumi.
Wow. My original pick was Anima Avant, but I changed it to Chrome once I got an Avant. Chrome still eludes me. Ah well, Gumi always finds a way to annoy us - even if they were the ones telling us we could change our pick by making a new FB account (which was so stupid anyway). Haven't gotten my pick yet

Shouta

Nothing at all for me. Knowing Gumi, I probably won't be getting it, these people...

I got Chrome from the 3 Gem summon gate though so I'm OK, lol

broz0rs

That method of using a dupe FB account to change the unit of choice was a disaster waiting to happen. Considering the app uses FB login to store account information, using a dupe account makes no sense whatsoever.

Edit: just logged in and received my Chrome and a summon ticket.

MicH

Someone contacted Gumi regarding getting the wrong unit. If you changed your unit of choice but still got your original choice just leave it in the gift box and contact Gumi

Still nothing for me

The best (worst?) part is that there was no way to actually check which unit you chose.

System was a fucking mess. They had 2.5 months to figure this out and still fucked it up.

MicH

Someone on Reddit got Pirate Verica (yes the mob) despite requesting Chrome and changing it to Charla. What the hell. The theory is that someone used his player ID to request Verica to troll him. Anyone could do this to anyone as IDs aren't secret. Fucking hell

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Someone on Reddit got Pirate Verica (yes the mob) despite requesting Chrome and changing it to Charla. What the hell. The theory is that someone used his player ID to request Verica to troll him. Anyone could do this to anyone as IDs aren't secret. Fucking hell

HAHAA WHAT?

That is fucked.

Still waiting on my Deimos. In the meantime , I did one more YOLO summon on the 3 gem gate and I got Drevas. He seems pretty cool.

broz0rs

I find that just hilarious. Poor guy though. It's probably for the best this should have been a one-time submssion with the FB account as a required field on their end.

MiTYH

Hi all, forgive the newness of me. Just thinking about adding this game to my gatcha collection (Currently One Piece, DBZ Dokkan, P&D and Chain Chronicle).

I just started and rolled a Elimo. I did some research and she seems good. Wanted confirmation if I should reroll or wait to start when there's a better summon event (not sure, still trying to find my way through all the news)?

MicH

Hi all, forgive the newness of me. Just thinking about adding this game to my gatcha collection (Currently One Piece, DBZ Dokkan, P&D and Chain Chronicle).

I just started and rolled a Elimo. I did some research and she seems good. Wanted confirmation if I should reroll or wait to start when there's a better summon event (not sure, still trying to find my way through all the news)?
Elimo is one of the best units you can roll early on. She doesn't attack, but she's a healer which are often hard to aquire. In her 7 star form she gets mitigation on her BB which is the most useful and necessary buff in the entire game. Are there more powerful units? Yes. But Elimo is pretty darn solid

MiTYH

Elimo is one of the best units you can roll early on. She doesn't attack, but she's a healer which are often hard to aquire. In her 7 star form she gets mitigation on her BB which is the most useful and necessary buff in the entire game. Are there more powerful units? Yes. But Elimo is pretty darn solid

Awesome, appreciate it. Guess I'll stick with this account then (Got a pixy leore on another device, not as great). Still learning my way around, breezing through the beginner stages for gems and whatnot. Last question, is it wise to pull again now or save for later? I did the hero summons and got a bunch of enhance monsters, so Elimo and my starter are alreayd at a max level (starter was fire and just evolved), and the rest of these are, for my beginner level, strong to auto battle through everything so far

MicH

Awesome, appreciate it. Guess I'll stick with this account then (Got a pixy leore on another device, not as great). Still learning my way around, breezing through the beginner stages for gems and whatnot. Last question, is it wise to pull again now or save for later? I did the hero summons and got a bunch of enhance monsters, so Elimo and my starter are alreayd at a max level (starter was fire and just evolved), and the rest of these are, for my beginner level, strong to auto battle through everything so far
Considering we have a 3-gem Summon gate at the moment definitely pull! We never get those and as a beginner they're extremely good!

MiTYH

Considering we have a 3-gem Summon gate at the moment definitely pull! We never get those and as a beginner they're extremely good!

Good call, thank you! Pulled Royal Dragon Farvnil, we'll see who else I can grab today :) Thanks again!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Of course,your only enemy at the present is your team cost.

Which really doesn't matter in the beginning for the quests, because they're so piss easy.

I think my first two pulls were Elulu and Elza back in October or something.

Shouta

3-Gem summon is super uncommon and you're only really gonna get useful units from it since you're starting out. Pull now! lol

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FINALLLLLLLY got Cyclaw to drop. Evolved my Ultor like the quickness. (working on getting to 7*)

Now I need some help to do the raid that drops the materials for his sphere. :3

Primus

I'm working on a novel in the vein of Samuel Beckett. I call it, "Waiting For Gumi".

It is amazing how poorly-handled the UoC is, especially considering there was an in-game mechanism for JPBF to do it there. Nope, couldn't port that over, we've got to do this shit manually.

MicH

Well, they didn't intend to give a free unit of choice to everyone. Originally it was only for a few winners of a forum event. It was only when literally every damn active player entered and complained that they extended it to everyone.

But yeah, this event has been a total clusterfuck of astronomical proportions. The fact that so many still haven't gotten their units when they had over two months to figure out how to do this is ridiculous

They are sending each unit manually.

Let that sink in.

MANUALLY.

They 'committed' to delivering by the end of the 29th. We've blown by that date with a TON w/o their units. I'm convinced it's intended to push it after SHS and Fusion Up rates ended.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well, they didn't intend to give a free unit of choice to everyone. Originally it was only for a few winners of a forum event. It was only when literally every damn active player entered and complained that they extended it to everyone.

But yeah, this event has been a total clusterfuck of astronomical proportions. The fact that so many still haven't gotten their units when they had over two months to figure out how to do this is ridiculous

I thought that's what I had originally read and wasn't going to submit an entry because I figured I would never win anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an influx of people getting their UoC after SHS ended.

Primus

As of the latest announcement (12:00am PST 1/2), it's now "will be delivered into the Presents Box this coming week."

So that's at least another 7 days from today, meaning some folks will wait up to 11 days past when Gumi said that UoCs would be delivered. Ignoring the already two-week delay we had. And ignoring that it's entirely possible that 7 days still won't be enough to manually hand out everyone's UoC.

What a cluster.

broz0rs

I get the feeling by the time some folks receive their Avant/Chrome the power creep would have move passed them lol

Rajack

Has anyone ever mentioned how boss Turbo Wings Nemethgear is? His Leader Skill allows you to nuke shit right proper in Arena and plow straight through nearly anything else in the game. He basically critsplodes anything that can be critted and gives you a full round of supers very quickly. Oh and let's not forget about his infinite super!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Has anyone ever mentioned how boss Turbo Wings Nemethgear is? His Leader Skill allows you to nuke shit right proper in Arena and plow straight through nearly anything else in the game. He basically critsplodes anything that can be critted and gives you a full round of supers very quickly. Oh and let's not forget about his infinite super!

I should upgrade mine at some point, even at 6* he plows throw shit like the dickens.That damn cost limit though! (hopefully soon I can get to 160cost (only at level 133 or so atm))

Got my Deimos today too, after blowing my load on my Ultor. Ah well, should have a ton of gems coming from the freebies from Christmas.

Looks like they sent out a huge batch of UOC! Got my Anima Chrome!

I actually got my Charla too. I'm shocked since I changed 3 times. Only one ticket though. boo

EH. I really only use him for Speed imp farming.

Shouta

So I got my Anima Chrome too but only problem is I leveled my Lord Chrome to 7 star and maxed BB and Sphere frigged him, lol.

Is the typing worth it to redo him?

Primus

So I got my Anima Chrome too but only problem is I leveled my Lord Chrome to 7 star and maxed BB and Sphere frigged him, lol.

Wiki says you're looking at about a 900 HP difference between Lord and Anima, with a loss of about 250 REC. Considering your basic 30%+ Spheres, that's a decent chunk of HP you'd gain by retyping.

I'm not into the super-high-level content yet, so I don't really know if that much HP even matters at that level.

Unit over Type. I think it's worth working on the Anima, but if you have other things taking priority you should be fine with Lord.

Got a guardian Chrome not too long ago. Pulled Vermillion when she was 3 gems.
A few days later, an oracle Reud, but most importantly, this.
lj7j0Zj.png

GL5e3wA.png

SSIZSJp.png
Now, if only I can pull Avant.

Zelnite is a pretty nice boost over his 6*.

Especially because I didn't pull the fucking deer.

Short-term bundle sale in Global, and it's not bad. First bundle is 4 gems for 1 Summon Ticket, second bundle is 6 gems for 2 Summon Tickets.

Quick way to turn gems into more summons than usual, and you'll get 9 gems for blowing through Frontier Hunter anyways.

Those bundles are pretty awesome. 6 gems for 2 tickets that you can use on that stupid 7gem gate? Sounds good.

Primus

Short-term bundle sale in Global, and it's not bad. First bundle is 4 gems for 1 Summon Ticket, second bundle is 6 gems for 2 Summon Tickets.

Quick way to turn gems into more summons than usual, and you'll get 9 gems for blowing through Frontier Hunter anyways.

Primus

One of Gumi's other imports, Chain Chronicle (the one that had the crossover event with GLBF a few months ago) is shutting down at the end of February. If you had a CC account prior to today (because Gumi is bastards and not allowing new signups to get the loot), you can log into CC, fill out a short form with your BF ID and e-mail, and sometime between the 22nd and 29th of January you'll get a bunch of stuff.

5 Summon Tickets
Selena
Mifune
5000 Merit Points
1 million Zel
100 Brave Medals

Sure, most people have Selena and Mifune by now, and the money, Merit Points and Medals are ho-hum, but 5 free Summon Tickets ain't nothing to sniff at.

I played quite a bit of Chain Chronicle, but it was pretty clear that wasn't making nearly as much money as Brave Frontier.

I have so many units to level up now, I dunno what I'm going to do. And yet I can't resist the urge to pull ;_; Summoned 5 for the popular rate up, the only non-dupe was Libera, but I got a Drevas in my inbox so that was nice.

broz0rs

I couldn't get passed the tutorial for that game, oh well. 5 summon tickets is a nice reward for those who played it.

Top Bottom