• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: Trailer with Edea, the villains, new classes

L~A

Looks like Square-Enix has uploaded a brand new trailer for Bravely Second this morning. It focuses on all the stuff revealed in the past few weeks: Edea Lee returning, the Exorcist job (coming to the demo this Wednesday), Oblivion and his fairy Anne, and some more stuff.

Here it is: YouTube

Mgrgrgr and lock if old.

FluxWaveZ

Neat trailer. I'll give this a shot if/when it gets localized, even though BD's latter half was a train wreck for me. Hopefully they fixed the problems of the previous game.

The "save the princess" premise they've got going is a bit worrying, along with Agnes walking up to yet another giant crystal.

Oh thread title changed..
Back on topic, saw 2 new summons, 1, or is it 2 new special moves... and was expecting they upload this trailer after Tokaigi 1st day lol

Astarte

Awwww. Okay so, I wonder if they'll do a cast switch? Like, some of the cast betray their allies/die so that edea and the like can come in.

Saro

All I need to know is that Tiz and Ringabel are playable.

Edit: I hope Square does not pull a Dawn of a New World crap that Namco pulled when it comes to the past heroes.

L~A

About Agnès and the crystal: couldn't that just be some sort of flashback? Why would she walk next to a crystal since she's supposed to be kidnapped early in the game?

Cool trailer. Seems very Bravely. Looking and sounding great! Hopefully the wait for us Westerners isn't too long.
Actually this year is packed, take your time localizing this!
Will likely be an early 2016 title for NA.

About Agnès and the crystal: couldn't that just be some sort of flashback? Why would she walk next to a crystal since she's supposed to be kidnapped early in the game?

New scene, so I assume she went to see the crystal first before she got kidnapped

Neat trailer. I'll give this a shot if/when it gets localized, even though BD's latter half was a train wreck for me. Hopefully they fixed the problems of the previous game.

I've finally been able to sit down to play BD, about 8 hours in and I'm loving it.

You have me worried. :|

FluxWaveZ

That's the thing, right? It could very well be a flashback, or "Go save Agnes, and then go around the world to awaken the crystals for X reason." After BD, I really wouldn't be surprised.

Awwww. Okay so, I wonder if they'll do a cast switch? Like, some of the cast betray their allies/die so that edea and the like can come in.

That's the feeling I get looking at the main cast.

Giever

Those CGI bits with Agnes were kind of creepy, and Edea's outfit looks ridiculous.

Is the guy with the fairy the 'main' character? I hope Bravely Secdong Second doesn't have a similar last third as the first. ~_~

I haven't actually gotten to that point yet, but I've obviously heard a lot about it. :/

I've finally been able to sit down to play BD, about 8 hours in and I'm loving it.

You should be, unless you really really like the game.
I got to the latter half and it killed all motivation for me to finish the game.

There's a part where you travel dimensions or time or something.
Destroy a crystal
the first chance you get.

No thats terrible advice, you don't get the real ending then.

FluxWaveZ

Is the guy with the fairy the 'main' character?

No. She is:
Bravely-Second_12-08.jpg
Magnolia Arch.

There's a part where you travel dimensions or time or something.
Destroy a crystal
the first chance you get.

Well, if you don't want the True Ending...

Giever

The guy in the mask? That's EMPEROR OBLIVION, who is seemingly the antagonist.

And yes that's his name,

Wow, I'm a pretty good judge of character, huh?

I just remembered from BD that the main dudes had the fairy with them and that was the deal, so I thought that since he had a fairy with him he was gonna be one of the main dudes.

I was actually kind of excited by the prospect, since it's kind of unconventional for some older guy to be the protagonist in a JRPG as opposed to teenage boys and girls.

FluxWaveZ

I was actually kind of excited by the prospect, since it's kind of unconventional for some older guy to be the protagonist in a JRPG as opposed to teenage boys and girls.

I'm not sure that a female JRPG main character is that conventional, is it?

Wow, I'm a pretty good judge of character, huh?

I just remembered from BD that the main dudes had the fairy with them and that was the deal, so I thought that since he had a fairy with him he was gonna be one of the main dudes.

Heh, other than his general look, there's an obvious reason why anyone who finished BD would immediately think he's a bad guy.

I hope ryo does a good job with the music. The music for the trailer was very fitting, so I think things should be fine.

Meesh

No fracking clue what's going on that cool as heck trailer but as soon as the chap with the black mask showed up the first thing I thought of was Alice in Chains rocker Lane Staley.(Spelling?) No joke. Can't wait to play second, bring on amiibo support??

ss-hikaru

Very nice! Although for a sec I got the new fairy Anne mixed up with Magnolia (was thinking, why are they showing her twice? XD).

That voiceover...I was sure he wouldn't return based on the ending of Bravely Default, my brother is going to be very happy. Unrelated, I wanna see what Tiz's new outfit is like!!!

Those CG clips are still jarring as fuck. Those bug beady eyes on Agnes is terrifying. Don't know why SE isnt instructing the CG company to design her with Yoshida's artsyle or just contract the ppl who made the CG bits in War of the Lions instead.

Giever

I'm not sure that a female JRPG main character is that conventional, is it?

I dunno, especially lately it seems like most of the JRPGs I see have main female characters, or at least prominent female cast members with a non-clearly defined main lead. Atelier and Neptunia come to mind, as well as FFXIII, obviously. I don't keep track of many popular JRPG series these days, though.

I can't nearly as easily think of JRPGs with male (or female!) leads in their 30s, 40s, or 50s. Generally high 20s for any character is pushing it, and if you do go into the 30s or 40s, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a very stereotypical gruff and bearded trope-ish dude.

I dunno, those are just my experiences, and it was really just meant as an off-handed comment, since I was kind of like 'Whoa, are they seriously having someone like this as the main character? That kind of piques my interest!"

Corgi

Banned
hope you can transfer some data from the first game somehow.

That feel of regrinding all the old classes makes me sad :(

Arkain

Some chapters near the end of the game are pretty bad, especially compared to how great the rest of the game is.

People constantly overreact to these bad chapters though. They don't take up anywhere near 1/2th of gametime, unless perhaps if you're a completionist. You can breeze through all the bad chapters, they take about as much time combined as a single good chapter if you don't do all the side missions.

L~A

Well, if there's a Western release for this game (and not a possible For The Trilogy edition instead), we'll probably hear about it before or at E3.

Some chapters near the end of the game are pretty bad, especially compared to how great the rest of the game is.

People constantly overreact to these bad chapters though. They don't take up anywhere near 1/2th of gametime, unless perhaps if you're a completionist. You can breeze through all the bad chapters, they take about as much time combined as a single good chapter if you don't do all the side missions.

Still playing the game (near the end of chapter 7), but I'm actually enjoying the side-quests in the 2nd half of the game so far.

Top Bottom