• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: Trailer with Edea, the villains, new classes

L~A

Rewatched the trailer (couldn't resist, ha ha ha). Really loving the music, glad ryo didn't try to copy Revo's style.

By the way, the voice at the very beginning... it's the Black Knight, isn't it?

That voice at the beginning of the trailer is Anazel's Japanese version. Perhaps that hints at MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST GAME
Ringabel's return?

Music seems like a major improvement over everything I've heard so far from Second.

Seik

Banned
I wonder which one between this and Xenoblade X will come out first in NA. Both took their sweet time but both ended up being a success so things will probably go waaay faster this time.

Very good trailer!

Damn April is shaping up to be one hell of a JRPG month O_O two Xenoblade games and Bravely Second...

I'm definitely skipping Xenoblade 3D. They should have made it a mid-March release. I'm going physical for b2nd and digital for X, so I'll probably be getting those 1-2 days apart, or possibly on the same day :/

dellingr

I'm still worried by the fact that three of the four playable characters don't have outfit changes at all. That and the fact that they're reusing all the old job class bosses. Seems really lazy.

I'm still worried by the fact that three of the four playable characters don't have outfit changes at all. That and the fact that they're reusing all the old job class bosses. Seems really lazy.

In the demo, an NPC said they will be able to change outfits in the retail release. But my guess is they just want to hide the fact 2 of them are not permanent party members. Since we arlready saw Yuu job-swapping (cat master) and doing a special attack, he is the only musketter who stays. Pretty sure Edea will join.

As for the "reusing" I honnestly don't think it comes from laziness but rather budget constraint.

Lunar15

Really guys, Agnes walking up to a Crystal?

oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

Is that Ringabel at the start? I guess he'll appear in some form. I hope so.

Also music is bland as fuck, someone tell ryo that he's doing a RPG score not another of these shitty op/end anime songs.

dellingr

In the demo, an NPC said they will be able to change outfits in the retail release. But my guess is they just want to hide the fact 2 of them are not permanent party members. Since we arlready saw Yuu job-swapping (cat master) and doing a special attack, he is the only musketter who stays. Pretty sure Edea will join.

As for the "reusing" I honnestly don't think it comes from laziness but rather budget constraint.

Ah, I didn't hear about that. That's reassuring at least. It was just that they haven't really shown this in any promotional stuff. I guess it's supposed to be a plot twist or something.

DarkKyo

Man, I really gotta go back and finish the first one now. I stopped because it started going a bit long with lesser substance, but I could probably muscle through it if the second one looks this cool.

AwShucks

I stopped playing the first at the end of the 4th chapter, knowing what was coming up. This looks good and pending reviews I could see myself returning to the gameplay/world of it.

jorgejjvr

Can't wait for this, the first game was great. Sure it was repetitive at the end but it was only about 5 hours of the total 60 I had with the game, no big deal, and the ending and final boss was worth it. The combat was so good it didn't bother me

Neat. I was already interested since I loved the gameplay of the first one; just hoping the sequel's pace doesn't plummet like it did in the first one.

Top Bottom